Artful Dodger

" I AM THE SPECIAL ONE"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,435 posts
  • Local Club: aint no body got time fo dat

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:59 AM

near 100% replica

yup going to be hard work, that why i got a garage full of metal work tools!! ;)

noo, that would be cheating! if not all, then none at all:)

the bottom of the car was non-existent, it could have been done, but would be major so its been cut up and all the useful bits salvaged, better this way than straight to the scrappie, as craig says the roof is in good condition mainly due to the quality and thickness of the steel on earlier minis before BL came along and made them from wrapping paper :)

will get some more pics up tomorrow for you

oh right, fair enough..:) and yes if you could cheers

#32 pickmeup

pickmeup

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Local Club: West Country Minis

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:58 PM

photos!!! :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#33 CLM

CLM

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:06 AM

That should be about all you need there, make sure you get those inner b pillars in decent shape too! :) Or you might hold out for one that is in better shape.. and actually start with a mk1/2 shell instead of a mk4+ shell lol

Chris

Edited by CLM, 03 March 2012 - 01:07 AM.

#34 Artful Dodger

Artful Dodger

" I AM THE SPECIAL ONE"

• Members
  • 4,435 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:20 AM

oh wow! il take it!

i think this is a pretty crude drawing but this is what i am after of the b posts

Posted Image

if you could cut down there, leaving some room / spare metal to weld to it would be really appreciated :) and also maybe some of the quarter panel skin, as this is longer on a mk1!

thanks very much, how much would you be after for the roof and the two B posts / door slam panels???

also, may be a bit cheeky, but do you have the doors as well? i have one mk1 passenger door but its quite knackered. even if its just the drivers side door?

cheers!

That should be about all you need there, make sure you get those inner b pillars in decent shape too! :) Or you might hold out for one that is in better shape.. and actually start with a mk1/2 shell instead of a mk4+ shell lol

Chris

yup, looks like it should work, and i just love making work hard for my self! :D and the mk1 shells go for silly money nowadays.. i payed 140 pound for the whole car, a mk1 wouldnt be below 600!

#35 CLM

CLM

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:10 AM

Ahh to be somewhere they didn't stop selling these cars in1967... I have a nice mk1 shell I can't seem to get rid of short of telling someone to haul it off D: granted it is an early no-pressing front and rear window panel shell... but I can't even manage to get someone to trade me bits I need for it lol I will just end up building it eventually I guess :P

Chris

#36 Artful Dodger

Artful Dodger

" I AM THE SPECIAL ONE"

• Members
  • 4,435 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:25 PM

really??

if i ever migrate to the US il PM you ;)

#37 CLM

CLM

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:29 PM

I wouldn't... everything else mini related seems to be worth it's weight in gold! So expensive to put a mini together, absolute rot boxes for $2k+

Chris

#38 Artful Dodger

Artful Dodger

" I AM THE SPECIAL ONE"

• Members
  • 4,435 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:11 PM

I wouldn't... everything else mini related seems to be worth it's weight in gold! So expensive to put a mini together, absolute rot boxes for $2k+

Chris

thats crazy! dont think i will be moving then... ;)

pickmeup, any progress, i might have to come all the way over to you to come pick these bits up...

#39 craig 1010cc

craig 1010cc

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:31 PM

We didn't have a chance to chop the B posts out this weekend (we were struggling to fit my engine with new engine mounts :( ) but I'll point him this way again :P I think there are a good set of doors available with hinges as well and I have a new set of A panels (inner and outer for 1 side) if you are interested?

#40 pickmeup

pickmeup

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Local Club: West Country Minis

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:46 PM

sorry for the late reply!! will pm you a price and see what you think, shouldnt be too much trouble cutting the b posts out. ive got someone interested in the rear seat base and bulkhead so will make sure i dont cut into them. ive got the doors off the car too and they arent too bad, need to remove the glass first and then i will think about selling them :)
thanks, gaz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users