Photo

Hi, You Could Appear On A New Tv Series!

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 AttaboyTV

AttaboyTV
  • Noobies
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:30 AM

Attaboy TV, the makers of the Discovery Channel’s hit show Wheeler Dealers, are going into production on a new show. The new series sees two teams of breakers trying to make maximum profit from the parts they can recover from scrapped classics. (These cars will be at the end of their lives, we don't intend on stripping a good runner)

So if you’re in the market for second hand parts for an Original Mini MK2 why not get in touch – you and your beloved car could end up on the telly. We’re looking for genuine enthusiasts with great stories to tell. There is no obligation to buy and as our breakers are operating in a limited time frame, there’s a good chance you could pick up a bargain
If you’re interested contact either Tom or Michael on 020 7740 3000.

We look forward to hearing from you.

#2 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,379 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:39 AM

Not sure I like the idea of encouraging people to buy old cars only to break them for profit. It's bad enough having the property market full of speculating sharks.

#3 Nikral

Nikral

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:43 AM

How do you define end of life, if its got a V5 and has not been scrapped as non repairable then its always a project waiting to happen.

#4 Mini Mad Drakeley

Mini Mad Drakeley

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  • Local Club: south down mini owners club

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:04 PM

i think you may find considerable difference in what yous may think is 'end of life' and what many people on here would consider it to be

#5 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • 25,379 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:56 PM

But if you fancy giving me a nice Mk2, I don't mind pretending to be a punter for your cannibalism special :D

#6 garethleesmith

garethleesmith

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:55 PM

I might be intrested i have a few minis, p.m me the details thanks

#7 Jakeclubby

Jakeclubby

Previously known as Jakemayfair

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:46 PM

noooooooooooo dead minis :,(

#8 Algordo1100

Algordo1100

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:49 PM

How do you define end of life, if its got a V5 and has not been scrapped as non repairable then its always a project waiting to happen.

Exactly!

I must admit, the format of the show as described by Attaboy TV sounds like it may upset classic car enthusiasts somewhat.

Al

#9 twistin rally car

twistin rally car

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:36 PM

no mini is dead everything is rebuildable as long as there is welders n spanners in the world no car will die

#10 MiniFTW

MiniFTW

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:43 PM

If you started with just a rear tail light, you could pretty much rebuild a mini round it... My answer to this is don't break it and sell it, rebuild it and sell it keep the classic alive!!!

Edited by MiniFTW, 28 February 2012 - 09:43 PM.

#11 MaxAndPaddy

MaxAndPaddy

Spamela Anderson

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,700 posts
  • Name: Elvis
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:24 PM

Hi, You Could Appear On A New Tv Series!

Scrap it...Kill it...Sink it....Catapult it to the moon!!!

Yeayyyyyyyyyyy get to be on tv

:teehee:

Kidding...please dont hurt any minis :shy:

#12 gerry

gerry

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:35 PM

If this involves Mike Brewer it will just intensify my urge to punch his face in LOL

#13 olds_kool_lews

olds_kool_lews

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:49 PM

i think 99% of classic car owners will be upset about this, due to -

1. classic cars...

2. gives more people the idea to steal said classics..

3. insurance will go up due to the high number of classics being stolen

4. less classic cars will be saved, just stripped for cash

i know everyone likes making abit extra cash in these hard times, but instead of stripping classics for profit for a tv programme, why not just make a tv programme that you can charge people to punch Mike Brewer in the face for a tenner, you'd be raking in millions of pounds instead of a couple of quid, and everyone will feel better in recession knowing it was definitely money well spent :D

#14 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 11,777 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:51 AM

This is very bad news and will just create a further growth industry for more people to make cash stripping perfectly good classics down to their component parts to sell on ebay at high prices all over the world (Mini parts to Japan for instance)........some donor cars will also of course be stolen which will be even more profitable.

Perhaps you could also make a tv series about the all Rover classic car banger race to take place in Sussex soon where over 100 classic Rover P4, P5, SD1, cars are due to be smashed up for public entertainment.

Edited by mab01uk, 29 February 2012 - 09:55 AM.

#15 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 11,777 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:55 AM

Attaboy TV, the makers of the Discovery Channel’s hit show Wheeler Dealers, are going into production on a new show. The new series sees two teams of breakers trying to make maximum profit from the parts they can recover from scrapped classics. (These cars will be at the end of their lives, we don't intend on stripping a good runner)

So if you’re in the market for second hand parts for an Original Mini MK2 why not get in touch – you and your beloved car could end up on the telly. We’re looking for genuine enthusiasts with great stories to tell. There is no obligation to buy and as our breakers are operating in a limited time frame, there’s a good chance you could pick up a bargain
If you’re interested contact either Tom or Michael on 020 7740 3000.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Attaboy TV how about backing David Vizards great idea for a Mini based TV documentary programme below instead??
Click Link:
http://www.theminifo...ig-yellow-book/

DV Quote:
"As I have hinted at before Nick Swift volunteered to teach Jacque how to drive all the major UK tracks in a Mini. Sure this will be a little different for her because all of her road race experience will be rear wheel drive sitting behind a a thundering V8. Fun though this may be I can tell you quite categorically that an all out race mini is more fun yet. That's what I want Jacque to experience.

But I don't want this experience to fade into the past with little or nothing to show for itso I thought it may be something of a good idea to make a 1 hour documentry and Jacques stay in the UK and how she interacts with Nick both at the track and in the workshop. (what a great advertising deal that would be for the right commercial entity) Has anybody got contacts here???"

Edited by mab01uk, 15 October 2012 - 11:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users