AVV IT

I am a shed dragger.

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,122 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Local Club: Nobody will have me!!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:27 PM

I just love the "Rat Look", but it has to be a good solid car that's made to look a bit tired and beaten up though

That's not rat look >_< a proper 'rat look' car has patina, the body has naturally aged like that but is solid underneath. A car covered in paint stripper and brightly coloured stickers that's been made to look beaten up is 'prat look', it's also a great waste.

Ratlook to me should be a old motor with age and patina but with show spec detailing. The VW scene is very good at this. A real "ratlook" can be great on the right car if its finished well. Ratlook to me isn't an old rusty car with stickers and a roof rack. Some people in the mini scene don't really have the hang of this and I don't like whats often passed off as ratlook here. Just leaving rust and carrying around rubbish on your roof doesn't count as style to me..

Hmmmm okay in which case allow me to rephrase......

I therefore just love the "Prat Look" / "Passed off Rat Look" / "Psuedo Rat Look" / "Not actually done anywhere near as well as the proper VW scene type of Rat Look"... or however you wish to define it!!

Basically a reasonably solid car made to look aged, plus a retro roof rack full of tat, a few stickers, a wonky number plate and a few other accessories is something I like, even if it doesn't conform to other peoples standards of what "Rat Look" actually is or should be!! :proud:

But then as this thread has clearly proved "One man's meat is another man's poison" and all that.... :-)

#317 garrett3

garrett3

One Carb Or Two?

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:38 PM

One man's meat is another man's poison" and all that.... :-)

True

Edited by garrett3, 11 April 2012 - 07:44 PM.

#318 garrett3

garrett3

One Carb Or Two?

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:57 PM

So hard not to offend people by having a like or dislike and then having that out in the open.

Think its best to say that not everyone likes everything all the time.

Great thread for prompting debate and in some cases catfights but I think its probably a bad idea when we are all in this for the same thing... Minis

A mini is still a mini no matter whats done to it and some will like it and some wont. This thread just seems to stir us up as we all like our own minis etc even if other people don't.

Just look at any thread asking people to post up the best mini they have seen, This usually ends up with everyone posting his/her own mini lol

Ratlook, rusty, show, chopped, standard, limo'd, Mr Bean'd etc. As AVV IT stated. Each to their own.

Surely this thread should be closed to restore some "harmony" to the forum?

Lets just hug and make up lol

#319 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,128 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:03 PM

I have been keeping a bit of an eye on this thread, nearly got hit by a few buns as well!!

Its quite interesting to compare it with the 'like' thread, it seems we find it much easier to agree what we like then dislike!!

A few people have sent me pm's asking why it hasn't been closed? Threads like this usually go full circle and the arguments die out or get resolved, if it got closed 1/2 way through a disagreement then all parties would still be angry. Now it seems people have kissed and made up it may be a good time to put this thread to bed?

#320 garrett3

garrett3

One Carb Or Two?

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:04 PM

I agree.

#321 MiniFTW

MiniFTW

Super Mini Mad

• Members