#46 CCX

CCX

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:04 AM

Well, you don't have to have an MPi Cooper, there are others which are cheeper to buy and insure... plus I don't understand all that new-fangled injection stuff anyway ;D

I know, but I'm prepared to spend the extra time and money to get one, even if it means waiting a couple of years.

#47 minihasbroke

minihasbroke

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Local Club: RHMC

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:11 AM

Try footman james and join the natonal mini club..got mine down to £900 on a 1983 mayfair and im 17..oh and if you can limit your milage..that always helps

#48 CCX

CCX

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:33 PM

Yeah my mileage will be pretty limited anyway. I thought Footman James weren't insuring under 25s anymore? Also, yes I plan on joining the Mini club anyway - how much does it bring costs down?

#49 Lee_bash

Lee_bash

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Local Club: sutton coldfield

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

Last time I spoke to footman they said no, that was last week.

Edited by Lee_bash, 13 April 2012 - 12:48 PM.

#50 1275john

1275john

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:15 PM

im 22 with adrian flux have 5yr ncb i have an xe engined mini with all mods delcailed on a modified policy £170 for the year. limited 3000 a year .

#51 Steely

Steely

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:35 PM

I have recently renewed my insurence and the insurers I was with were quoting me 1500 after my first year with 1 years no claims ( I was paying 1400 in the first year :s). Anyways after shopping around abit, Aviva come up trumps, quoting me less that 700 quid! with me as named driver and fully comp. The best I could find :). So give Aviva a try, they could be worth it.

I'm 20 by the way.

Edited by Steely, 19 April 2012 - 03:36 PM.

#52 BenCoul

BenCoul

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:47 PM

About 18 months ago (when I was nealry 16) I decided (after some reasearch) that I'd be able to get insured even with a few mods.

Just before I tured 17 this Novemeber, I rang Adrian Flux, and Footman James.
Neither would insure me until I'd passed my test.
Flux - TPFT - £2500
F James - TPFT - £1100

Going to book my test soon, ripped off a couple of 'mods' and am doin a BTEC course in driving as well. This is going to replace the passplus. Worth it is my eyes, quite easy and cheaper than the Pass Plus

(living in a high risk postcode doesn't help me either)

#53 86mayfair

86mayfair

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:34 PM

with me as named driver and fully comp.

The only trouble is that if you're only a named driver and drive it more than the main policy holder that is fronting which if found out will void your policy

#54 Steely

Steely

• Members
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:56 PM

Sorry, got that wrong, I mean't I'm the policy holder and I have my mother as named driver.

#55 freddybutcher1992

freddybutcher1992

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Local Club: crow tree mini club

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

altho my mini is not yet on the road i have just paid £3000 ! for a 1.4 renault clio (no mods) 1 years no claims and 3 points ! when i got my 3 points i fort that was it i would never get insured but quinns direct told me if i could state the date of the offence it wouldnt affect me at all. after recently been run into the back of quinns have been brill with dealing with my claim. notyet got a quoat off them for the mini but ardian flux offerd me £1100 wich i dont think is bad at all.beats £3000 :L

#56 disasterbus

disasterbus

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Local Club: Surrey Hills Mini Group

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:45 AM

My son is just re-newing his insurance.
He's got a 1970 998cc Clubman.
When he passed his test a year ago at 17 he paid £900 with Footman James.
After 1 year of drivingno claims, and at 18 he wants a Cooper. FJ quouted £1388 to re-new the Clubman and over £2000 for a '94 Cooper!

I rang round a load of companies who were similar or more but eventually rang Graham Sykes - £737 for the Clubman or £1185 for the Cooper - really helpful, they will be getting my business

#57 minimaxie

minimaxie

• Members
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:55 AM

guys (and girlys) take a look at my thread if your still having problems with the insurance, I'm a first time driver, with a Cooper! gave these guys a call and they were very helpful :proud:
http://www.theminifo...hats-the-score/

hope it helps you lot too, let us know what they say. could be a winner for young drivers

max

#58 tomtaylor1994

tomtaylor1994

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Local Club: DCMOC

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:56 PM

guys (and girlys) take a look at my thread if your still having problems with the insurance, I'm a first time driver, with a Cooper! gave these guys a call and they were very helpful :proud:
http://www.theminifo...hats-the-score/

hope it helps you lot too, let us know what they say. could be a winner for young drivers

max

No offence, and thanks for trying to help, but insurance prices have skyrocketed in the past year for us 17 year olds... Plus, you're 20, which will lower your premiums drastically compared to the quotes I've been getting (£4500 upwards). But like I said, thanks for trying to help (:

#59 TopGearRules

TopGearRules

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:20 AM

I got a 'good deal' from Adrian Flux last night of just under £3000 (cheapest I've found so far!). I'm a TMF + member so will I be able to get the 15% discount too to bring down the quote even more?? Or are 17 year olds exempt from the discount?? Thanks, Alex :)

#60 TopGearRules

TopGearRules

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:38 AM

£2900 for TPFT (with other named drivers) from Adrian Flux... is that a good price?? Baring in mind im 17 and just passed yesterday, that is the 'cheapest' quote I have got so far!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users