Ryang556

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,747 posts
  • Local Club: Top Mini

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:13 PM

i found it >_< '87.

a lot of companies wont insure that cheap either if your care is pre '80 because they have to register it as a classic or something.

they can put you on an ordinary system of the car is after '80.... which seems stupid.

(i was told this my Aloc? aka the guy i was put through to for my insurance) ;D

Seems good to have a slightly newer mini when you're younger then :lol:

Although my 83' mayfair that I had before this advantage was £300 cheaper on the same company :mmkay:

#17 purple_fly06

purple_fly06

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • Local Club: The Mini Foresters

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:14 PM

was it smaller engined?

#18 Ryang556

Ryang556

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:15 PM

was it smaller engined?

Nope, they are both 998's >_<

#19 Mini_Alex

Mini_Alex

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Local Club: East Devon Mini Club

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:16 PM

I'm 19 and passed a week ago and am insured on a 998cc with Bradford and Bingley for £1300 fully comp. The best thing to do is insure with a standard insurer and when your older move to classic insurance.
Alex

#20 Ryang556

Ryang556

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:18 PM

I'm 19 and passed a week ago and am insured on a 998cc with Bradford and Bingley for £1300 fully comp. The best thing to do is insure with a standard insurer and when your older move to classic insurance.
Alex

Never heard of those before, what're they like customer service wise? :D

Edit: Just got a quote for £1500 with a years no claims >_<

Edited by Ryang556, 11 April 2012 - 01:23 PM.

#21 Mini_Alex

Mini_Alex

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:25 PM

Alex

The customer service is great and no waiting ages to get through on the phone. I think they are now part of sabre insurance.

#22 Ryang556

Ryang556

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

Alex

The customer service is great and no waiting ages to get through on the phone. I think they are now part of sabre insurance.

Yeah I'm with insure2drive at the moment who are a part of Sabre, Graham Sykes are still the best for me so far at £860 fully comp :proud:

#23 Mini_Alex

Mini_Alex

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:29 PM

Alex

Yeah I'm with insure2drive at the moment who are a part of Sabre, Graham Sykes are still the best for me so far at £860 fully comp :proud:

Thats is a good price :D

Because i started with Bradford and Bingley on provisional i'm staying with them at the moment to get my no claims, then I hope to move over to classic at a later date.

#24 Ryang556

Ryang556

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:39 PM

Alex

Thats is a good price :D

Because i started with Bradford and Bingley on provisional i'm staying with them at the moment to get my no claims, then I hope to move over to classic at a later date.

Yeah that's £860 with a years no claims so I wish it would be just a slight bit better haha :lol:

#25 fletch_850

fletch_850

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

cheers jack, i forgot what the company was called lol :)

#26 JonnyBMX

JonnyBMX

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts
  • Local Club: Rebels

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

just gota grin and bear the high prices.. mines actually gone up after an extra year of driving lmao :| tried ringing round aswell but nothing i can do.. they blamed it on insurance prices rising 40% in the past year :| WHATTTT! ahha

now paying just over £700 for a 1275 with a fair few mods 2 years no claims and licence held 3 years, no claims or convinctions!

#27 MiniRFC

MiniRFC

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

Although I'm only 22 I have 5 years no claims which means my renewal for my 1.3 only costs £500.

Have you tried adding named drivers?

I added 2 named drivers and it lowered the cost by about £300.

#28 stuartcitye

stuartcitye

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:01 PM

Footman James only insure under 21s but I was at mini fest last September hosted by British mini club and sponsored by footman James they had a stand and were giving out quotes that lasted 90 days even thou i was only 17 there at himley hall next I think on the 6 may? But mine was £980 TPFT no no claims Just passed test at time, no modifications other than a radio and had to be member of a club (cost £5 for local) and every thing seems ok? Worth a try they were about £1000 cheaper than the rest and low excess, breakdown cover, agreed valuation :-)

#29 lapider

lapider

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Local Club: cardiff mini club

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:26 PM

thought id post my experiences on insurance.

Car: 998, 1987 mini. stage 1 nice interior, alloys.
Driver: 18 year old male 1 years no claims

after a years insurance that finished in september 2011, i was quoted 1200 with footman james, i called them up and they wanted 800 after i spoke to them. i then decided after that since i was going to uni id hold off till easter. at the start of easter it looked at allot of quotes and was getting quotes from around 1200. i was going to all the well known places with no real luck.

i contacted aviva who quoted 730 all mods declared. 2 named drivers (my parents ), the major problem was that the quote was based on 1 years no clames. i then worked out that footman james have not awarded me 1 years NCB but could prove that i had a years claims free driving, i contacted aviva and they who at first would not let me get insured as they were unsure weather it counted as 1 years no claims, i then talked to the no claims team at aviva who confirmed that the proof of a year of claims free driving could be converted to 1 years no claims meaning i could accept the quote.

#30 joshspragg

joshspragg

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  • Local Club: M4 minis

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:30 PM

insurance on minis is gonna be expensive regardless of engine size or anything. they have just shot up in price for young drivers, i now have to pay £1180 for my 2nd year insurance even tho my car is the slowest thing ever! best thing to do is save up your coins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users