Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Local Club: on lookout

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:35 PM

tip needs a good cleaning though

Always good to keep a nice clean tip :P

this is true, im talking from experience here............................if you don't your welds will come out terrible and the wire will jam.

cant have a nasty tip anyway ;)

#18 joewf10

joewf10

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:37 PM

looks tidy mate :D

you gotta put some fat rims on that bad boy though! where bouts in shropshire are you?? :shades:

Market drayton mate :) about 20 mins drive from teflord and shrewsbury

#19 joewf10

joewf10

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:38 PM

If you don't want the 1275 you could always sell it to me! :shifty:

haha no way man im keepin this cheeky thing :lol:

#20 joewf10

joewf10

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:40 PM

hi enjoy the forum! you are *******! lol i was getting for a 1.3 standard mini from 1.5K to 2.5k quotes and i have year under my belt. this car is gonna bankrupt you, completely modified, speakers, engine, BUCKET SEATS! and the rest :P

good luck mate, looks nice though:) should have some fun with it:)

Matt

sorry im a what :gimme: ? haha im gettin a black box wich will take it down, im replacing seats and selling the ice, its still registerd as a 998 so im keepin as that and not tellin its a 1275 and its not that modified tbf :shifty:

#21 Down&Out

Down&Out

The King Of Retro Cool

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:47 PM

So its an 850, registered as a 998, with a 1275 in it. Interesting....

#22 hobnob888

hobnob888

Speeding Along Now

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Local Club: East Coast Mini Club

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:54 AM

id put a 998 back init if you want to save on insurance, as once you pay it, you never get it back, and you could use the money you save on insurance to put back into the car, as for my 998, it was £1371 for insurance, so a £1000 cheaper than it would be for your 1275... Also, if you get it insured with with only the two front bucket seats, they tend not to like that as their usually suspisious of why you've put extra safety into it and removed the back seats and so on, they can be really funny about stuff like that and will take any chance to not pay out and make your insurance invailded if you miss something out

#23 joewf10

joewf10

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:51 AM

id put a 998 back init if you want to save on insurance, as once you pay it, you never get it back, and you could use the money you save on insurance to put back into the car, as for my 998, it was £1371 for insurance, so a £1000 cheaper than it would be for your 1275... Also, if you get it insured with with only the two front bucket seats, they tend not to like that as their usually suspisious of why you've put extra safety into it and removed the back seats and so on, they can be really funny about stuff like that and will take any chance to not pay out and make your insurance invailded if you miss something out

i have 3 months to get new interior and sell the subs so theres no problem there. ive payed for the car myself and my dad said hed put 2000 to insurance so wont be to bad on my behalf plus im just guna say its a 998 cause when are they ever guna check it unless i have a crash and even then they wouldnt strip the engine down, they look identical apart from maybe the carb is a few mm bigger?

#24 joewf10

joewf10

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:52 AM

So its an 850, registered as a 998, with a 1275 in it. Interesting....

seems that way but the boot and bonnet could just be of an 850 hence there black and not blue? or would they not fit i dunno have to wait an see :)

#25 joewf10

joewf10

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:00 PM

Just did a quote on this as a 998 on my own with no additional drivers or a young drivers saftey box thing for £2063 will will be ok as i said up there my parents are puttin 2k towards it :)

#26 mini-luke

mini-luke

Postman Pat

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,362 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:35 PM

Who was that with? Aviva are worth looking at

#27 joewf10

joewf10

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:53 PM

Who was that with? Aviva are worth looking at

that was with co-op mate, yeah i will, guna have more of a shop a round with my dad nearer my birthday :proud:

#28 Bristol Mini

Bristol Mini

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:14 PM

i have 3 months to get new interior and sell the subs so theres no problem there. ive payed for the car myself and my dad said hed put 2000 to insurance so wont be to bad on my behalf plus im just guna say its a 998 cause when are they ever guna check it unless i have a crash and even then they wouldnt strip the engine down, they look identical apart from maybe the carb is a few mm bigger?

Trust me bro that's a bad idea. There are policeman that pull you over then call out a police mechanic to check if your car's legit. It's pretty rare for that to happen but still...risky. Just stick a 998 in it, it's not too bad to do.

#29 joewf10

joewf10

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:14 PM

Trust me bro that's a bad idea. There are policeman that pull you over then call out a police mechanic to check if your car's legit. It's pretty rare for that to happen but still...risky. Just stick a 998 in it, it's not too bad to do.

ill see what happens later on but im tight on funds atm still a student for another 2 years

#30 Magnetagz

Magnetagz

Formally know as MagnetizedMINI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:20 PM

Welcome to TMF!
Well you got off to a better start than me, I bought my 1st Mini at 16 too, but it was £350 quid, had no brakes, holes in the floor bigger than my head, shot electrics and no interior haha. Will be a great project when you get your hands on it. as mentioned before definitely declare your stuff bud, if you get caught it's game over driving wise.
Keep us all posted with that you do. Little tip too, I take a look in the project section all the time for inspiration ;).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users