#196 Git

Git

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts
  • Local Club: Humanity

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:59 PM

Doh, must have been after I left. Sorry.

#197 toyboy396

toyboy396

Grandad in training.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • Local Club: C&T Classics

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:06 PM

One of the best bits was when Jack, (jbs.998) fell asleep with a tin of beer in his hand, so when his phone rang, he put the beer to his ear to answer his phone! :lol:

:shifty:

Its not often i use my phone being a tight wad.... but that was worth every penny of my bill.
It was when he looked at the can trying to figure out why it was still ringing.

:lol: :lol: :teehee:

#198 toyboy396

toyboy396

Grandad in training.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:08 PM

At least you didnt wear a crash helmet like someone did >_<

What else could you expect from Chip ? :lol:

#199 jbs.998

jbs.998

Previously known as Rockabillypsychosis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:09 PM

Hahaha

#200 toyboy396

toyboy396

Grandad in training.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:24 PM

Hahaha

;D

#201 mini93

mini93

He's just too casual!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,615 posts
  • Local Club: Medievil minis of Warwickshire

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:19 PM

I had a good time having missed it last year for a stag-do... i was a bit confused with the overly inforced camping areas... but hardly the end of the world! thats what you have legs for... and we were still just behind the TMF area.
I can easily think of 1 way to make it better though.
Its now grown so much as a show, it would benifit from being a 2 day show i believe. Getting there at 2pm didnt give nearly as much time as id have liked to see all the folk iv known through my years on here.
That and im sure some of the people on here would enjoy more chances to go racing... no reason the saturday cant still be a public RWYB too, interesting to see some different cars sometimes.
Theres quite alot to do at mitp, which i things a good thing, my lazy legs in the sunday heat didnt much like the long walks! but there was alot to see.

Im looking forward to next year though! And really hoping to have the mini done

#202 Spiffingly Good

Spiffingly Good

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:27 PM

Got back ok then! Nice to meet you Shifty! Michael wants to know who are the two owners of the orange clubman and the sprite! for an online handshake for making him feel so welcome last night. Oh and same to you Shifty. ta for looking after him for me :D

Nice to meet you all and look forward to next year.

A great day out all round.

A sprite :ohno: , mine is a Side walk :shifty: , but yea i'm the sidewalk owner, and Ohdear is the clubby.

Was great to meet him, nice lad, and a nice car :gimme: Any problems getting it home?

#203 OhDearsWife

OhDearsWife

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:17 PM

Got back ok then! Nice to meet you Shifty! Michael wants to know who are the two owners of the orange clubman and the sprite! for an online handshake for making him feel so welcome last night. Oh and same to you Shifty. ta for looking after him for me :D

Hiya Orange clubman is my hubbys OhDear :)

#204 jackmason

jackmason

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Club

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:41 PM

Most of the photos ive taken are put on this public facebook album, including afew of Essex Mini Club being there usual selfs.

If you spot your car and want the plate removed or a high res image then let me know an i can sort it.

https://www.facebook...=1&l=8098ba5fd7

#205 Yoda

Yoda

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts
  • Local Club: Medway mini club

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:49 PM

Luck i was at this show.

Disguised i was in my Yoda t shirt. Notice me hardly anyone did. good time i had. didnt win the bloomin MITP Cooper though! my Jedi powers should have used .

#206 Yoda

Yoda

• Traders
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:53 PM

A sprite :ohno: , mine is a Side walk :shifty: , but yea i'm the sidewalk owner, and Ohdear is the clubby.

Was great to meet him, nice lad, and a nice car :gimme: Any problems getting it home?

No probs on the run home to Kent. He stopped for a bit at the services at the end of the A1 for a drink and to allow the Turbo to cool down, but it ran without a hitch. Who loaned him the Coil as we would like to return it with thanks, as it wasn't needed.

#207 OhDear

OhDear

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:07 PM

No probs on the run home to Kent. He stopped for a bit at the services at the end of the A1 for a drink and to allow the Turbo to cool down, but it ran without a hitch. Who loaned him the Coil as we would like to return it with thanks, as it wasn't needed.

ahh bin it not worth the postage :D i have another spare at home :D Pleasure to meet him

#208 Yoda

Yoda

• Traders
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:34 AM

May the forced induction be with you!

#209 Heather&Henrietta

Heather&Henrietta

Boobs + Batteries = Trouble!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
  • Local Club: JMC & BMC

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:42 AM

What a fab weekend :w00t: I had a lovely time with DCMOC and so a big thanks for letting me join them!

Was wonderful to finally meet little Shifty! Spoken so many times and not had the pleasure until Saturday evening! Was lovely to see Shifty Strong, Nige, Scott, Ali, Ben, Roo, Lee, Bambi, Burny and everyone else who came to say hello! Feels like forever since I saw you all! :D best weekend in ages!

#210 miniman retford

miniman retford

Most Definitely Not Beer Powered....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts
  • Local Club: Lincs ford group

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:25 AM

Its now grown so much as a show, it would benifit from being a 2 day show i believe. Getting there at 2pm didnt give nearly as much time as id have liked to see all the folk iv known through my years on here.
That and im sure some of the people on here would enjoy more chances to go racing... no reason the saturday cant still be a public RWYB too, interesting to see some different cars sometimes.

I was told yesterday by someone who was in the control tower on sunday that the organizers were discussing making it a full two day show next year :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users