38 replies to this topic

#1 Bagpuss127

Bagpuss127

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:17 AM

Hi all. I've just put a deposit down on a 1275 GT and really looking forward to having fun in my new toy next week. This is one of the cars I've always promised myself since I was a kid. I also worked on minis and all the BL products in the early 80's when I was an apprentice auto electrician at an Austin Rover dealer
I'm going to have all sorts of questions regarding wheels, arches, seats etc as I want to create a full size "Scalextric" mini.
I've had a few classics and currently have a 1970 Mustang and a 1976 Granada Coupe (which is up for sale as I have to make room for the Mini).
I've had a quick look round the forum and am extremely impressed with the topics, answers and general friendliness.
I will post pics of the new arrival next week, it is in Denim blue and the engine has been modified, with bits and pieces from an MG metro.
Cheers all.
Tony

#2 minimissionary

minimissionary

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Local Club: Fylde Mini Club

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:51 AM

It wont dissapoint. Minis are every bit as amazing as you imagine them to be.
Welcome to the forum!

#3 mk1leg

mk1leg

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,341 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey, MCR

Posted 04 August 2012 - 02:32 PM

Hi..and welcome to TMF and enjoy................... :proud:

#4 oltonlad

oltonlad

Up Into Fourth

• Banned from Buying/Selling
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:32 PM

hi there and welcome to the forum, i love the 1275GT's and i used to have a denim blue GT, i've got an 1100 special now though...;-)

#5 jcoops

jcoops

Starting My Mini Up

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:47 PM

Good luck fella!

My quest has only just started for a Clubman 1275GT Inca Yellow, yet to find what I am look for :/

#6 Bagpuss127

Bagpuss127

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:25 PM

Good luck fella!

My quest has only just started for a Clubman 1275GT Inca Yellow, yet to find what I am look for :/

I wasn't even looking for a mini, let alone this one, I sort of fell across it while working, must be fate.................... :D

#7 Bagpuss127

Bagpuss127

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:57 PM

Pick up my new toy tomorrow ! Feel like a kid at Christmas............... :lol: Last time I drove a mini in anger was 1983. Hope the experience now is as good as it was then !

#8 Remylebleu

Remylebleu

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • Local Club: On my ones :)

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:38 PM

Pick up my new toy tomorrow ! Feel like a kid at Christmas............... :lol: Last time I drove a mini in anger was 1983. Hope the experience now is as good as it was then !

dont forget the pictures in all the excitement!!!!! :D

#9 AndyMiniMad.

AndyMiniMad.

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,290 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:44 AM

Welcome to the forum. 1275 GT's rock. Here's mine.

Posted Image

#10 fixed-head

fixed-head

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:32 PM

We would love you to bring it to Tatton Park, this is set to become the NATIONAL EVENT for these very rare cars, there are over 40 Clubmans and 1275GT's entered, plus around 100 other Classic Mini's. It's FREE to exhibit!! Entry info below, Cheers!

Mini Clubman & 1275GT Weekend at Tatton Park, Knutsford WA16 6QN 18th & 19th August 2012

TROPHIES BOTH DAYS FOR:-
Best 1275gt to 3rd place.
Best Clubman Saloon to 3rd place.
Best Clubman Estate to 3rd place.
Best Modified/Competition to 3rd place.

Classic original Mini awards too!

Pre-entry only. Printable entry form= http://www.cheshirea...tageexhibit.pdf

Trade Entry Form= http://www.cheshirea...intagetrade.pdf

IT'S FREE TO ENTER YOUR 'CLUBBY'!

Part of the massive 2500 entry Classic Car Show and giant Cheshire Autojumble. You don't have to attend both days, though camping is available for those who wish to make a weekend of it!

Last year saw 39 rare Clubmans and 1275GT's over the two days. Some of the exhibits were beautifully modified and others just as they left the factory. 15 awards were handed out over the weekend with even more planned for 2012!!

A fine selection of other rare Mini models joined the display including 2 vans, a pick-up, a Moke and a race prepared Clubman!

This is the only event in the world especially for these attractive and now very rare British Leyland cars!!

ALL THE CLUBMAN'S ARE DISPLAYED TOGETHER! ON A SPECIAL FEATURE DISPLAY AREA!!

For more information tel. Stuart on 07915 221 737. Everyone welcome!!

Entry forms available at www.cheshireautopromotions.co.uk click on August show individual entry form, It's FREE to enter! or send SAE to:- Clubmans C.A.P. P O Box 175, M32 8RB. Tel. 07915 221 737. Lets hope 2012 breaks our record of 39!
Web Site: http://www.cheshirea...romotions.co.uk

#11 Bagpuss127

Bagpuss127

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:32 PM

We would love you to bring it to Tatton Park, this is set to become the NATIONAL EVENT for these very rare cars, there are over 40 Clubmans and 1275GT's entered, plus around 100 other Classic Mini's. It's FREE to exhibit!! Entry info below, Cheers!

Mini Clubman & 1275GT Weekend at Tatton Park, Knutsford WA16 6QN 18th & 19th August 2012
TROPHIES BOTH DAYS FOR:-
Best 1275gt to 3rd place.
Best Clubman Saloon to 3rd place.
Best Clubman Estate to 3rd place.
Best Modified/Competition to 3rd place.

Classic original Mini awards too!

Pre-entry only. Printable entry form= http://www.cheshirea...tageexhibit.pdf
Trade Entry Form= http://www.cheshirea...intagetrade.pdf

IT'S FREE TO ENTER YOUR 'CLUBBY'!

Part of the massive 2500 entry Classic Car Show and giant Cheshire Autojumble. You don't have to attend both days, though camping is available for those who wish to make a weekend of it!

Last year saw 39 rare Clubmans and 1275GT's over the two days. Some of the exhibits were beautifully modified and others just as they left the factory. 15 awards were handed out over the weekend with even more planned for 2012!!

A fine selection of other rare Mini models joined the display including 2 vans, a pick-up, a Moke and a race prepared Clubman!

This is the only event in the world especially for these attractive and now very rare British Leyland cars!!

ALL THE CLUBMAN'S ARE DISPLAYED TOGETHER! ON A SPECIAL FEATURE DISPLAY AREA!!
For more information tel. Stuart on 07915 221 737. Everyone welcome!!

Entry forms available at www.cheshireautopromotions.co.uk click on August show individual entry form, It's FREE to enter! or send SAE to:- Clubmans C.A.P. P O Box 175, M32 8RB. Tel. 07915 221 737. Lets hope 2012 breaks our record of 39!
Web Site: http://www.cheshirea...romotions.co.uk

Thank you for the invite, but I can't make it due to work commitments, if it's on roughly the same time next year I'll make sure I can attend by shuffling work round.
Cheers. Tony

#12 mk3 Cooper S

mk3 Cooper S

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:11 PM

Got any pictures yet?

#13 jcoops

jcoops

Starting My Mini Up

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:51 PM

Posted Image

Only two colours are right for the 1275GT - the first being Inca Yellow and the second White - nice GT fella

Edited by jcoops, 08 August 2012 - 10:54 PM.

#14 Bagpuss127

Bagpuss127

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:23 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Here are a couple of pictures I took when I put the deposit down on the "Minx" (Mini the).
They're not fantastic but you get the idea.
Loving it so far, one or two issues that need sorting, mainly cosmetic rust and a smoky engine for now.

#15 Jakeclubby

Jakeclubby

Previously known as Jakemayfair

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:55 PM

heres my beast
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users