jaydee

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,565 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:56 PM

Phil, class A is stock camshaft, class B is this camshaft:
http://www.minispare...s/LGC10230.aspx

Cant find the specs but its far away from a standard cam..

#32 icklemini

icklemini

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,982 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:08 AM

Standard Mightys are just that... pretty much standard Cooper SPis (with the cooper cam and ecu). Timing is changed (via the reluctor ring), 3.9 f/drive on standard box... 70ish horses

The camshaft linked above (LGC10230) is the cooper spi cam and is used in both classes

Standards have modified heads, run at 1293cc, can time the cam in different from standard, cooper ecu, ignition timing changed by moving the reluctor ring, higher CR, multi angle valve seats, Straight cut boxes, 3.4 final drive... 90ish horses

Edited by icklemini, 25 September 2012 - 10:08 AM.

#33 phil242

phil242

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Maniac Alpin

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:09 PM

Hi Jaydee,

As IckleMini said, page 20 & page 36 the regulation document said original camshaft for both class.

IckleMini : Thanks for those details. With the high level of work on such engine, 90BHP is not so much (because of the rules, of course). So saying a MNE101070 with a stage 3 kit is near 85BHP is true. 90BHP are possible with advance timing gain.

I have just found some picture of a flywheel & a change of advance timing. Here is :
http://www.turbomini...p=vt&tid=129155
(and guess what, Sprocket is the man, as usual :D )

I was thinking moving the blue TDC sensor to a 36-2 pulley on the camshaft, but with this tricks, no needs !
Now, we must check the advance for the MNE101070 under load & high RPM to see what should go better for a kent 274i + 10.0:1 ratio.

Cheers,

Phil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users