44 replies to this topic

#1 olds_kool_lews

olds_kool_lews

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:30 PM

Whats the best place to source one? What civic would be best to get? Looking at getting a complete car (for a hush hush project) as need the loom, engine n box, ecu etc etc

#2 shabir

shabir

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:51 PM

any eg6 or ek4 would prob's be best for a b16. That would be an awesome project, the engines are awesome on a civic shell, so on a mini that would be mental!!!!

#3 olds_kool_lews

olds_kool_lews

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:55 PM

Who said it was to go in a mini? ;)

#4 charie t

charie t

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,153 posts
  • Local Club: wreake mini wanderers

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:57 PM

You will still have a metro at the end

#5 shabir

shabir

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:10 PM

my bad, goes to show assumptions are not good. So are you going to let us know whats its going in? or do we have to wait

#6 olds_kool_lews

olds_kool_lews

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:57 AM

Haha charlie got it right, should be pickin up an early mk1 metro soon, in beige, with paprika interior, n squeeze a B16 turbo under the bonnet ;)

#7 Beej123

Beej123

One Carb Or Two?

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • Local Club: Splinters Mini Club

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:31 AM

Haha charlie got it right, should be pickin up an early mk1 metro soon, in beige, with paprika interior, n squeeze a B16 turbo under the bonnet ;)

My 86 metro is coming off the road on Saturday for 3 weeks for its coilovers and b16 VTEC from a del sol. I'm running a high shot nitrous system on mine rather than turbo but metro VTEC is the way forward!!!

#8 olds_kool_lews

olds_kool_lews

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:52 AM

Nice! If you could stick some pics up as u do it, i can use it as a guide to get mine fitted quicker lol u usin the civic wiring loom? Or half n half? N what dials you using?

#9 Beej123

Beej123

One Carb Or Two?

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:58 AM

Nice! If you could stick some pics up as u do it, i can use it as a guide to get mine fitted quicker lol u usin the civic wiring loom? Or half n half? N what dials you using?

Yeah I'll start a thread once it's off the road.
I'm using the full Honda loom for ease and also the Honda steering column, stalks and wheel. (the wheel is a styling choice really)
I'm trying to find some digital s2000 dials because they look great but if I can't find any reasonable priced ones I'll use the del sol clocks.

Im also running a metro turbo fuel pump which will deliver enough pressure for the VTEC and a desperate pumped feed for the nitrous system to try to avoid under fueling.

The only issue I see is the metro is a cable clutch and the VTEC is hydraulic but I'm hoping to convert it to cable so I can use the metro pedal box.

#10 johny:)

johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:57 PM

If you keep an eye out for a b16a1 box out of an old crx they are cable as well could save you the bother of modefiying it to

#11 olds_kool_lews

olds_kool_lews

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:40 PM

This project is getting better as i go along! Just hope the beige metty im ment to be getting is still available, really hope to be gettin it this weekend!

#12 shabir

shabir

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:04 PM

i live for these projects, plan on doing a vtec swap in the mini, will be watching both your posts closely.ive mainly done german cars before

#13 charie t

charie t

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,153 posts
  • Local Club: wreake mini wanderers

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:53 PM

If you keep an eye out for a b16a1 box out of an old crx they are cable as well could save you the bother of modefiying it to

i have one forsale

#14 Beej123

Beej123

One Carb Or Two?

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:35 AM

Thats what I would have done but there has been a lot of money spent on this box to reduce transmission loss. It's a lightly modded engine as it is because it's giving torque figures of 149 lb/ft an a BHP reading of 160 and only losing 11 through the box.

I'm hoping it won't be too difficult to do the mods.

#15 olds_kool_lews

olds_kool_lews

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:30 AM

I went and viewed the metro last night, had to fight my way through a jungle to get to the door lol opened it up and there it has sat for 18 lonely years, thick layer of dust, flat wheels, rusty front wings (about the only place rusted badly) bit of a musty interior (but all present and in v.good nick!) put in an offer and some gardening services (old bloke in a home, and council have been threatening action if he dont sort it out) but if my offer is accepted, this weekend will be opperation save the metro lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users