69 replies to this topic

#31 MrsFosse

MrsFosse

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:08 AM

Hi..Fossy313....and welcome to TMF and enjoy...................I'm secretary of Mini Club Jersey and we meet on tthe 3rd Sunday of every month at the old ferry terminal around 9.30 for a cup of tea and a bacon roll then go for a drive and then on to the Old Portelette Inn for a chat and a coffee so next time your on leave why not pop along....................enjoy............ :proud:

mmmm old portlete inn, i had a fab roast there last week :) im guessing that was yesterday then? If your free anytime soon could i be cheeky and ask if you could kindly have a look over her for me? the car thats. With hubby back on the mainland asking me all these questions im being pretty useless. Shes pretty...so i bought her. :D

I ordered two cans of waxoyl spray, however upon reading reviews apparently it leaves an unsightly texture? But then so does rust obviously!

Edited by MrsFosse, 22 October 2012 - 08:43 AM.

#32 Fossy313

Fossy313

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

hi guys, couple of questions again :), firstly noah, i was under the impression that what you said was that my car had a rear tail light...any ideas why it doesnt? could it just have been an option the owner didnt want or is that a later version? also guys, on the interior im a bit stumped on the photo that my misses put up, whats the lever on the centre consol thats closest to me the one with the red light on? can someone shed some light i have been trying to look it up but cant find it anywhere!

cheers for all the help guys its been much appreciated!

#33 Noah

Noah

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,136 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Club

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:22 PM

hi guys, couple of questions again :), firstly noah, i was under the impression that what you said was that my car had a rear tail light...any ideas why it doesnt? could it just have been an option the owner didnt want or is that a later version? also guys, on the interior im a bit stumped on the photo that my misses put up, whats the lever on the centre consol thats closest to me the one with the red light on? can someone shed some light i have been trying to look it up but cant find it anywhere!

cheers for all the help guys its been much appreciated!

Ahh yes the higher level brake light, i thought all MPi's came with it as standard, that law may have kicked in later. Not too much to worry about.

Having a look at the pictures Mrs.Fossy Posted, You appear to have an extra cable on the switch panel. In earlier cars, that would be for a choke but the MPi being fuel injected, doesn't have a choke cable (has a choke but is done automatically by the engines ecu).

Mrs.Fossy do you mind taking a picture of the engine bay and off the switch panel (The panel of switches in the centre of the dash board) Stuff like lights and wiper switches should be there.

Noah

#34 Fossy313

Fossy313

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:42 PM

I told her to check mate, you see I thought it was a choke but it can't be if its an mpi, I could understand it being there but it seems to actually work, well the light does !

#35 Noah

Noah

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

I told her to check mate, you see I thought it was a choke but it can't be if its an mpi, I could understand it being there but it seems to actually work, well the light does !

Hmm, I've never seen a light on a choke cable, Its probably some after market mod thats been installed and its just of case of finding out what it does.

I mean mine has a ghetto immobiliser, its a guitar jack plug, that when its plugged in completes the circuit and when its out it breaks the circuit. Clever but risky so I removed the whole immobiliser system.

#36 MrsFosse

MrsFosse

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:51 PM

Sure, il take pics after work tomorrow. She's tucked up under her cover fast asleep currently.

Maybe it's an ejection lever?

#37 Noah

Noah

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:55 PM

Sure, il take pics after work tomorrow. She's tucked up under her cover fast asleep currently.

Maybe it's an ejection lever?

Some kind of james bond stuff :P.

I have a feeling its something silly that a past owner has installed, but if it starts runs and drives, its nothing to worry about.

#38 Fossy313

Fossy313

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

Hmm it really has stumped me I'm not sure what it could be, the car is fitted with an immobiliser ! Lol never easy :) it doesn't show on the manual so its gotta be something that has been added

#39 MrsFosse

MrsFosse

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

It's the fact that it's lights up when I pull it. I doubt it could be an immobiliser as that's top right of the panel...believe me I got to grips with that god forsaken little light flashing at me then having a horn fit...note to self de arm! Found the jersey mini Facebook group and forum also. Some nice photos!

#40 Noah

Noah

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:18 PM

Wait hold up, it couldn't be a 12v cigarette lighter socket thing? Seems like something that would be wired in by a previous owner.

Edited by Noah, 22 October 2012 - 09:18 PM.

#41 Fossy313

Fossy313

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:20 PM

You mean as you pull it out to light the cigarrette lighter ?? Like to arm it ?

#42 Noah

Noah

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:22 PM

You mean as you pull it out to light the cigarrette lighter ?? Like to arm it ?

Yep, Like that top bit that lights up actually comes out. It looks like you press the button in to arm it? if it is.

Just try pulling it out, if you've got a 12v socket in there its a bonus. Can charge your mobile :P

#43 Fossy313

Fossy313

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:24 PM

Hmm I dono, guess we will find out tomorrow when my misses has a look, god help us !

#44 MrsFosse

MrsFosse

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:25 PM

Il check. If you see a crisped mini and a funeral car go by....

#45 Fossy313

Fossy313

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:28 PM

Oh god!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users