#46 mk1leg

mk1leg

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,341 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey, MCR

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:17 PM

Looks like a oppitnal extra fitted by the prev owner.............its not a std thing............could be a spot light switch???

#47 geriatric

geriatric

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

Hi, I think that is the same car I have just bought, although mine seems to have a choke!

#48 MrsFosse

MrsFosse

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:29 PM

Posted Image

The switches and the unknown one on the left. Red button can't be pushed or anything. And nothing noticeable happens.

Here's the engine also :)

Posted Image

#49 Fossy313

Fossy313

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:00 PM

im completely stumped, im not sure what it is, i will have to try and have a look when im over i guess, spotlights didnt come with it which could explain us not seeing anything, i will take the centre console out when im over next month and see where it runs to.

#50 MrsFosse

MrsFosse

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

You won't bloomen touch her, you ll break her!

Edited by MrsFosse, 23 October 2012 - 03:51 PM.

#51 station31

station31

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Local Club: Caledonian Mini Club

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:04 PM

The red one on the left is the brake fluid level warning light, it looks like regarding the light,, like an on off light for the manual choke

#52 Fossy313

Fossy313

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:16 PM

except mine doesnt need a choke as its the mpi so im not sure what it is

#53 steven

steven

One Carb Or Two?

• Banned from Buying/Selling
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:47 AM

i think it may just be a faulse button or light made to look like a choke

#54 mk1leg

mk1leg

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,341 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey, MCR

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:46 PM

Fossy313 Just had a quick squint over your mini as Kirsty pop round and I can only find a black wire from the switch leading to the fuse box area without poking anything not to sure what it does also checked the underneath and the drivers sill has had a piece chopped in and badly welded and there are some holes in the boot where the valance and boot floor meet...told Kirsty to hold on the waxoil till WE have a chat when your back on the Island...............so see you soon...... :proud:

#55 Fossy313

Fossy313

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:05 PM

thanks alot for looking it over mate, yer kirsty told me. Very kind of you. I think kirsty is going to take it to the body shop you recommendd monday and get a quote and also hassle the guy who we got it off as it has come with 12 months warranty. Im back at the end of next month so i'll get in touch closer to the time. Thanks once again for all you help its been much appreciated,

(p.s) its craig :)

#56 Noah

Noah

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,136 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Club

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:20 PM

The dreaded rust :P< No matter, the only minis that dont have any rust a freshly restored ones.

#57 Fossy313

Fossy313

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:04 PM

i have a feeling this rust thing is going to be my impending doom....i look forward to the battle haha :D, hows college going noah?

#58 Noah

Noah

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

i have a feeling this rust thing is going to be my impending doom....i look forward to the battle haha :D, hows college going noah?

It's good, I'm on half term atm, and have an interview with BMW on wednesday, needless to say I'm ******* a brick. :P

#59 Fossy313

Fossy313

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

mate im sure you will be fine, i've just gone through the whole interview sketch as im coming out the armed forces, the best way to cool yourself down is easy. In hind sight think of it like this. The company should want you due the the fact of what you can bring to their buisness, your good enough for them you just have to show them. Be confident and you'll be completely fine and mate at the end of the day if they dont want you its their loss :). Best of luck! im currently researching stage 1 kits for the mini. im in two minds whether to keep it standard or look at doing something to it in the future. I know they dont give you alot of performance but all i would really love is for her to have about 85 bhp in the end which would mean ending up on a stage 3.

#60 Noah

Noah

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

mate im sure you will be fine, i've just gone through the whole interview sketch as im coming out the armed forces, the best way to cool yourself down is easy. In hind sight think of it like this. The company should want you due the the fact of what you can bring to their buisness, your good enough for them you just have to show them. Be confident and you'll be completely fine and mate at the end of the day if they dont want you its their loss :). Best of luck! im currently researching stage 1 kits for the mini. im in two minds whether to keep it standard or look at doing something to it in the future. I know they dont give you alot of performance but all i would really love is for her to have about 85 bhp in the end which would mean ending up on a stage 3.

Aha, thanks for the advice, I've photocopied off my signed job cards from college so thats a bit more to hand in.

About the power thing, the first thing I would do is get the stage 1 kit, You'll get a nice exhaust and a bit more power, You can alway start looking into more tuning later on, either way the Stage 1 kit is really some essential stuff. when you get the stage 1 kit, I would go about giving her a service unless the guy you bought it from recently serviced, Oil, coolant, etc. 20w/50 Castrol Classic car stuffs good. Coolant its getting cold now :( So i would go 25% anti-freeze and 75% water. Thats what I've just done to mums honda as thats our winter work horse :P> 4WD goes everywhere, Needs a new set of tyres because of cracking but Its not worth putting new ones on as they just freeze when its driven in the snow. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users