#1 mathomas3

mathomas3

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

Hello,

Im looking for a Mini that is in need of a good home... it needs to have a V5 and been built before 1975...

I would like something that needs work but something that wont require 2 years to get running again... bad engine... not an issue... No paint... not an issue... a rolling Rust Turd... that's an issue...

im just looking for something that needs a good amount of work, some new parts, and some love to get on the road again...

I can pickup within 100 miles of Cambridgeshire... looking to spend 600 or less...

Thanks,

Matt

#2 mk3 Cooper S

mk3 Cooper S

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

Welcome to the forum.

You have a tight budget for a mainly rust free mini but they do turn up if your hunt.

Good luck

#3 mathomas3

mathomas3

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:30 AM

anyone... come on... someone has to have a mini that they are using for parts that i can work with... for the most part im looking for a good shell and a V5.... i want to make this thing show room ready... thus i would be buying new trim pieces... so come on folks... what do you have???

#4 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:11 AM

If you specifically want a MK1/2/3 then I'm afraid your budget is not going to cut it... rusty bare shells of that age sell for the majority of that...

I recently parted company with a 1971 GT, in need of full restoration, ok it did have the original engine and numbers matching... advertised for £1200, made £1000.

If you're willing to come up into the mid to late 80's then you stick more of a chance of getting a complete car, but needing work.

#5 Naughty 40

Naughty 40

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

Might struggle a little to find a 1900 mini though

#6 AVV IT

AVV IT

I am a shed dragger.

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,122 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Local Club: Nobody will have me!!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:26 PM

Yeah, good luck with finding models from between 1900-1958, might prove a bit tricky regardless of your budget!! :P

#7 mathomas3

mathomas3

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

yea i know... the reason that im wanting to get something made before the 1974 is because of the import rules for Japan... Im here in the UK on a contract and when it's over in 2 years i would love to have a complete show room ready Mini... heck... i would be willing to work with a shell and V5 only... i would end up buying everything else "newish" anyway...

so does anyone have a 1974 or older Shell with V5 with little to no rust? come on people... im sure one of you have something laying around that fits the bill...

and what do you mean that i cant find a 1900 Mini... didnt they make them with wooden wheels back then... correct me if im wrong ;)

#8 se_juggles

se_juggles

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

yes there was a bedrock mini you drove with your feet in 1900 haha.

Edited by se_juggles, 06 December 2012 - 04:04 PM.

#9 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,025 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Local Club: A5 minis

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

If you are planning to buy a load of bits then it might be worth upping your initial budget a bit and save on other parts. It's amazing how expensive it gets to buy every clip and bracket. For £1200 you should get a good starting point and probably make most the cash back on bits you don't need to buy anymore. Good luck with the search.

#10 mathomas3

mathomas3

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

I understand what you mean Tamworthbay... and maybe your right... but i have to start somewhere...

#11 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,025 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Local Club: A5 minis

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

I understand what you mean Tamworthbay... and maybe your right... but i have to start somewhere...

The more you spend initially the less it will cost later (unless you buy a polished turd and there are plenty of those about!). Getting a solid starting point will save a lot of time and cost on panels, but then some people like the fun of doing the work. Whatever you go for, I am sure you will enjoy it. I will keep my ears open for anything suitable.

#12 mathomas3

mathomas3

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:59 AM

thanks!

#13 seancv1

seancv1

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:49 PM

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2a26ec80e8

this one looks alright ;-)

#14 mathomas3

mathomas3

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

im sure that it's going to sell for alot... im guessing 800+...

That's ebay for ya!

#15 seancv1

seancv1

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:14 PM

yeah but this time of year is the time to buy something like this ? not to sell :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users