45 replies to this topic

#1 alpina123

alpina123

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

Hi apart from my mini (w184 pap) whish is a seven s works does anybody know or have seen of any tohers i am yet to see one but would be great if i could, any input would be greatly appreciated, many thanks

#2 alpina123

alpina123

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

magazines50.jpg

#3 Noah

Noah

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,136 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Club

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

I love the Late S Works cars, there is a few S Works for sale from a dealer on eBay check there?

#4 MaxAndPaddy

MaxAndPaddy

Spamela Anderson

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • Name: Elvis
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

Can't say I have seen one so far, I'm not sure they sold so many compared to the Cooper Sports at the time, although I do like them

#5 MaxAndPaddy

MaxAndPaddy

Spamela Anderson

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,700 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

oh, and cool pic...

#6 alpina123

alpina123

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

Ive been looking everywhere for the past eyar and am yet to find one, i knew there are alot more coopers and cooper sports but wasnt sure roughly how many sevens, my search continues :mmkay:

#7 Noah

Noah

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,136 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Club

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

On how many left there are only 168 Rover Mini Seven's left.

I'd say probably less than 20 of them are works S.

#8 CCX

CCX

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

I have never seen another Seven S works, I'm guessing probably 5 were made at the most. After all, most people at the time would rather have had a Cooper S than a Seven S. I absolutely love your car though, hope to see it at a show one day.

#9 rally515

rally515

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:08 PM

Any pics of your works s sounds b-e-a-utiful

#10 ljs4

ljs4

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

Hey

Just came across this post and I'd like to know what is special about a mini seven as I cant find any info about this model.

Thanks

#11 alpina123

alpina123

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

I know that its in a JCG brochure from 2000 but i cannot get one they seem to be very rare it is in the august 2000 edition of mini world i only have pictures of it from the magazine and brochure at the moment.
magazines57.jpg
magazines49.jpg
12989842_1X.jpg

#12 cradley-heathen

cradley-heathen

Metro-Man

• Traders
  • 2,481 posts
  • Local Club: spearmint rhino

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

dont you just hate spoilt kids lol! only joking.

a salvage yard near me has the v5 and vin plates for an s works, they guy who owns teh yard offered it me when i picked up another mini off him a while ago. obviously i didnt take it. not much use without a stolen one to use it on......where did you say you live again o.p? lol (again, im only joking dont worry)

the other thing i know about them is that i dont think they actually produce 90bhp, im pretty sure i can remember someone else starting a thread on here a while ago about it.

Edited by cradley-heathen, 06 December 2012 - 08:38 PM.

#13 MaxAndPaddy

MaxAndPaddy

Spamela Anderson

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,700 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:14 PM

the other thing i know about them is that i dont think they actually produce 90bhp, im pretty sure i can remember someone else starting a thread on here a while ago about it.

how dare you, I'm sure the JCG claimed bhp is completely accurate..... O_O

#14 minidizzy

minidizzy

Super Mini Mad

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC, Mini Cooper Register

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:19 AM

Hey

Just came across this post and I'd like to know what is special about a mini seven as I cant find any info about this model.

Thanks

In March 2000, with less than six months of production to go, Rover announced a new range of three Minis: the Mini Se7en, the Cooper Classic and the Cooper Sport. They had identical MPi engines. The differences between them and earlier models was cosmetic. The Mini Se7en was intended to have a retro look harking back to the original 1959 Austin Se7en although this is very superficial. The Cooper Classic had 12" wheels and the Cooper Sport had 13" wheels, wider wheel arch extensions and other sports pack features. The Cooper Sport was the basis for the last ever Mini the Cooper Sport 500. The Cooper Sport was the biggest seller while the other two did not sell well.

#15 ljs4

ljs4

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:08 AM

Hey

Thanks

In March 2000, with less than six months of production to go, Rover announced a new range of three Minis: the Mini Se7en, the Cooper Classic and the Cooper Sport. They had identical MPi engines. The differences between them and earlier models was cosmetic. The Mini Se7en was intended to have a retro look harking back to the original 1959 Austin Se7en although this is very superficial. The Cooper Classic had 12" wheels and the Cooper Sport had 13" wheels, wider wheel arch extensions and other sports pack features. The Cooper Sport was the basis for the last ever Mini the Cooper Sport 500. The Cooper Sport was the biggest seller while the other two did not sell well.

Thanks dizzy, I was searching google but I just couldn't find anything on it. Shameful of me not to know when I own a Cooper Sport >_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users