Photo

Missing Turbo Engine, Please Keep A Look Out.

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#46 redmini

redmini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Local Club: Snowdon Mini's,Miniaddicts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:35 AM

It was in bits, just the head, carb and the Nos missing.  I think maybe he fitted the Nos himself, as it was a slapdash affair and I suspect the burnt up head gasket I found in the boot was the end result.  I put an old head on it, and had it driving the day after it was delivered, and was pleasantly surprised by how good it felt. I've got something special in mind as a replacement power plant, which has nothing to do with Jonspeed Racing or a courier  :D

I bought the car from Mini Technique in Poulton le Fylde, Craig and Steph were fantastic, very professional and hospitable.  I only wish I could have spent the day trawling through their Aladdin's den, as I was like a kid in a sweet shop and found it very difficult to leave.

With regards to the money and the missing engine, I seem to have got the fires burning inside again so am back on the case, after reading shyrob's topic  

Dreams Do Come True Against All The Odds! 

I feel inspired.

#47 dan187

dan187

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:30 PM

Good luck red, I hope you get something good from it.

#48 redmini

redmini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:52 PM

Good luck red, I hope you get something good from it.

Cheers, I hope so too ;D

#49 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,420 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:43 AM

Courts are reluctant to sanction seizing assets connected to earning a livelihood, but if they are trading then "attachment of earnings" should be a possibility. Though it could take a fair while to recovery all your owed. 

I would have thought the best case would be against Citylink, presumably there's an audit trail and it's inconceivable a courier of that size doesn't have liability insurance. Nothing to stop you claiming against them both and letting the court sort it out. The lack of a contract needn't matter. It was your property so it's your loss, and they owe you a duty of care, the same as they would if one of their vans knocked down your garden fence.

#50 redmini

redmini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:15 PM

I spoke with trading standards, and they came back with the supply of goods and service act 1982, I have followed their instruction to the letter and guess what . . . . Jonspeed Racing have ignored it all, next step is a solicitor but I fear I could go down the same road as I did with SD Minis, where I stump up a lot of cash for no return!

The problem with CityLink was there is proof the engine was collected from Ellesmere Port and that the engine got as far as Warrington, but after that the trail stops. They have been less than forthcoming with any help or information, as I didn't take out the initial order, so I'm caught between a rock and a hard place really.

#51 redmini

redmini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:24 AM

Email come in from CityLink this morning saying there is absolutely nothing they can do to help me, and that it is down to Jonspeed Racing to refund or replace ALL that is missing. The mess goes on!

#52 megamini_jb

megamini_jb

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,491 posts
  • Name: Jamie

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:33 AM

What a nightmare. Really hope it gets sorted soon

#53 redmini

redmini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:10 PM

The worst thing is it was such a high spec engine, if it was your run of the mill 1275 it wouldn't be so bad. I mean the car was modded for that specific engine, right down to the KAD 6 pot brakes so it stands me thousands, so it needs replacing like for like really.

#54 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,823 posts
  • Local Club: Loan wolf

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:58 PM

Small claims court (still) and you would not need a solicitor and not expensive to kick off. See how quickly Jon speed react to a brown envelope with Her Majestys Courts printed on the front dropping on the door mat.

#55 redmini

redmini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:12 PM

I've been down the small claims route before, I was awarded £6010:00.  I have since spent a small fortune pursuing the money, only to get nothing back.  Maybe I would have more success with Jonspeed as they are a larger company, but once bitten twice shy.

#56 Mr Joshua

Mr Joshua

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Local Club: Rebels mini club

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:50 PM

This thread beggars belief how can a company such as jonspeed justify their behaviour. How can they possibly believe in todays world of information sharing that this public display of indifference will somehow be seen in a good light by the mini community.

JONSPEED TAKE NOTE OF THE VIEWED COUNT ON THIS THREAD AND THAT IS THE POSSIBLE NUMBERS OF CUSTOMERS YOU HAVE PROBABLY LOST. GREAT BUSSINESS MODEL YOU HAVE!

#57 redmini

redmini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:03 PM

This thread beggars belief how can a company such as jonspeed justify their behaviour. How can they possibly believe in todays world of information sharing that this public display of indifference will somehow be seen in a good light by the mini community.

JONSPEED TAKE NOTE OF THE VIEWED COUNT ON THIS THREAD AND THAT IS THE POSSIBLE NUMBERS OF CUSTOMERS YOU HAVE PROBABLY LOST. GREAT BUSSINESS MODEL YOU HAVE!

Fantastic post Mr Joshua, I hope this is the case!!!

#58 redmini

redmini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 05:29 PM

And as more and more people read this thread, Jonspeed STILL do nothing!!!

#59 Rocket.

Rocket.

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 05:44 PM

And as more and more people read this thread, Jonspeed STILL do nothing!!!

Hope you get this sorted soon

#60 sledgehammer

sledgehammer

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,060 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:06 PM

I won't be using them 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users