Photo

Do Not Buy From Http://www.minteriors.co.uk [email protected].

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#31 mrfmini

mrfmini

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Local Club: Thanet Classics

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

Oh and the reason he doesn't answer phone calls, is because he can't hear the phone over the all the noise in his workshop apparently!

An extaract from one of the emails backwards and forwards:

"No worries,

you can get me on 07734 534546, leave a message if I don't pick up as I spend a lot of time in the workshop on the router and can't always strip off the safety gear in time to answer it, even if I feel it vibrate."

Maybe this is a new number for him that could help others?

#32 NG007

NG007

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

thanks chris that would be good. I have Roofless helping me out.. lets see how we go, still waiting for the so 'called', ill be posting it out this week email/ tracking number i have been told is going to happen.... yet to receive.

:mmkay:

Just stumbled across this post, sorry to here your having so much hassle.

He's not to far from far from me, maybe 20 minutes drive, I'd be more than happy to collect your parts and send them on if it's of any help, of course it would mean actually getting in contact with him so something could be arranged, I'm not sure he'd appreciate me knocking on his door demanding people's orders.

If I can be of any help let me know.

Chris

#33 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,025 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Local Club: A5 minis

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

Anyone know is this is the same guy:

http://myworld.ebay....E:X:RTQ:GB:1181

His name is Jay and goes under driven innovation, I want to look at his stuff tomorrow at Bingley but looking for a custom job so want to make sure its not 'the' Jay.

#34 AVV IT

AVV IT

I am a shed dragger.

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,122 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Local Club: Nobody will have me!!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/driveninnovation?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1181

His name is Jay and goes under driven innovation, I want to look at his stuff tomorrow at Bingley but looking for a custom job so want to make sure its not 'the' Jay.

Can't be sure, but I do know that the miniteriors Jay produces an almost identical centre console to the one in this guys ebay shop. It's the silver coloured console, with the small hinged door on it and it's fairly distinctive. It seems a hell of a coincidence to me, that two people called Jay are producing this stuff and they both happen to be based in Leicster! I also seem to remember a warning on one of the threads here about him that said he was trading under a different name on eBay, but I can't remember what it actualy was.

Thanks so much for pointing it out though, because I was actually considering buying some door cards from this "driven innovation" guy and it hadn't occurred to me for a second that he might actually be the dreaded Jay..... & lets just say that the thought of being on the recieving end of Jays customer service for a second time really wouldn't be a good thing and that's putting it very, very mildly!

#35 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:55 AM

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/driveninnovation?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1181

Can't be sure, but I do know that the miniteriors Jay produces an almost identical centre console to the one in this guys ebay shop. It's the silver coloured console, with the small hinged door on it and it's fairly distinctive. It seems a hell of a coincidence to me, that two people called Jay are producing this stuff and they both happen to be based in Leicster! I also seem to remember a warning on one of the threads here about him that said he was trading under a different name on eBay, but I can't remember what it actualy was.

Thanks so much for pointing it out though, because I was actually considering buying some door cards from this "driven innovation" guy and it hadn't occurred to me for a second that he might actually be the dreaded Jay..... & lets just say that the thought of being on the recieving end of Jays customer service for a second time really wouldn't be a good thing and that's putting it very, very mildly!

Fits the bill, he could not have been more helpful when I emailed him. I was going to check out colour options then order a bespoke one. Close call that one. I bet he has changed name on eBay because of poor feedback, his old name comes up as not recognised.

#36 Carlos W

Carlos W

Mine is purple, but I have been told that's normal

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:10 AM

I thought you could view business sellers details on eBay, but I'm on my phone and can't find his!

If it is the same person its a shame because his stuff looks good, if its not the same person, I hope this thread isn't going to have an adverse effect on someones business!

I suppose if people do buy from him and use PayPal they'll have buyer protection!

#37 Wise Old Elf

Wise Old Elf

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts
  • Local Club: Club Lotus

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:38 AM

The guy on Ebay is:

Business seller information

Jason Evans

Jason Evans
25 Spencer Street
Oadby
Leicester
Leicestershire
LE24DQ
United Kingdom

Phone:07732534546

#38 Carlos W

Carlos W

• TMF+ Member
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:42 AM

The guy on Ebay is:

Business seller information

Jason Evans

Jason Evans
25 Spencer Street
Oadby
Leicester
Leicestershire
LE24DQ
United Kingdom

Phone:07732534546

Thanks, I just couldn't find it!
You truely are wise!

#39 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:43 AM

I thought you could view business sellers details on eBay, but I'm on my phone and can't find his!

If it is the same person its a shame because his stuff looks good, if its not the same person, I hope this thread isn't going to have an adverse effect on someones business!

I suppose if people do buy from him and use PayPal they'll have buyer protection!

That is why I asked on here, seems likely though from what AVV IT has said about the consoles. The problem with Paypal is the time limit. From others experiences on here he seems to be helpful and apologetic until the time limit comes then uncontactable. I could get one at the show, but if he is messing others about I won't as the sooner people like that go out of business the better.

#40 Carlos W

Carlos W

• TMF+ Member
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:43 AM

And, It is the same person!

#41 AVV IT

AVV IT

I am a shed dragger.

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,122 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Local Club: Nobody will have me!!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

Yup that's him!! Phew lucky escape there for me! (and for him for that matter, as I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want me as a disgruntled customer for a second time around either!)

#42 A-Series Spares

A-Series Spares

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Local Club: DCMOC, Notts about Minis

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

This is a shame, i got a phone call from him last week, he was interested in making tailored arm rests and door cards to compliment our electric window packages (for the switches etc) but i might give it a miss based on what i have seen on here.

#43 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

Was he the guy on the stand behind TMF stand? Custom consoles were one way, but this guy was on the other side. He had a few dashes but they didn't look anything special. He was asking £85. There was no sign up and he didn't seem that interested when I had a nose. I wasn't that fussed as I have found one I like from huddersfield spares anyway.

#44 minirage

minirage

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

noooooo not hudersfield mini spares

#45 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

noooooo not hudersfield mini spares

Yeah I know............ But paid on credit card, any problems and hey presto cash back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users