1.5 rollers...uhm..no.

What do you mean mate ?

#33 Cooperman

Cooperman

Uncle Cooperman, Voted Mr TMF 2011

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,039 posts
  • Local Club: MCR, HAMOC, Chelmsford M.C.

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

They are very over-rated as a means of gaining extra power. You might gain 3 to 4 bhp at over 5000 rpm (that's a guess), but at the same time you'll lose a bit low down. They are an expensive way to gain a couple of top end bhp.
For a competition engine where 3 bhp at the top end can be, say, 0.5 seconds saved on a lap time it's different.

#34 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:15 AM

Another good thing about roller tipped rockers is they don't induce a side load on the valve

#35 leeuk

leeuk

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:28 AM

Cheers for the input guys, I shall have to see how it runs when we get it in the car but as its an all new unit i wont be able to notice the gains or loss that the 1.5 rockers are doing for me for quite a while yet if at all, As i have them i now have the option to remove them if needed.

#36 leeuk

leeuk

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

Ok guys, The engine has arrived and to my horror it is a used and partially reconditioned unit with none of the agreed upgrades,
I have tried to contact the seller only to have him hang up on me, so i have opened a paypal claim against him, I have sent paypal a copy of his listing stating the engine and gearbox is new and unused from new it also states all the upgraded parts the engine should have, I have also sent them all ebay message correspondence which also states that what i was purchasing a new item,
Paypal asked me to report the situation to Action Fraud so as i can get a crime number i did this and sent paypal the crime number, paypal then asked me to send in a copy of Action Frauds report, they have given me 3 days from yesterday to send in this information, It takes upto 48hrs for the report to be emailed to me and so i should have the report by tomorrow, I cannot stress enough to other member do not buy from this seller stay clear,
I dont have his address i only have his ebay details, name and contact number, I have given him just over £2000 for this engine and gearbox and i am afraid he may get away with it, I am hoping paypal can see that the seller has sent me an item that is significantly not as described but after reading other buyers horror stories on the paypal forums i am very sceptical as to the outcome,
This is the sellers listing he has 3 listings on ebay for engines he also has positive feedback from other members for engines he has sold, but i believe as i didnt purchase the engine via ebay but paid his invoice via paypal he knew very well what he was doing,

Ebay name - k0759
http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1423.l2649

#37 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

As long as you didn't send the payment as a personal payment, but a payment of an invoice, then you should be able to get your money back under the distance selling regulations, hoping that the seller is either registered as a business ( Ltd company ) or as a self employed trader. If it's someone working from their shed on the side, then it comes under a private sale and buyer beware.

You only course of action, if paypal don't act accordingly, will be the small claims court, but without a name, address who are you going to bring the case against ?

#38 leeuk

leeuk

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

As long as you didn't send the payment as a personal payment, but a payment of an invoice, then you should be able to get your money back under the distance selling regulations, hoping that the seller is either registered as a business ( Ltd company ) or as a self employed trader. If it's someone working from their shed on the side, then it comes under a private sale and buyer beware.

You only course of action, if paypal don't act accordingly, will be the small claims court, but without a name, address who are you going to bring the case against ?

Cheers for that mate, I believe payment was not paid as a personal payment as i have been able to open the claims against him in paypal, I understand i would not be able to open a claim against him if it was paid as a personal payment, He is listed on ebay as a private seller and not a business seller, As i haven't an address for him i have no way of fileing action for a small claims court, I am hoping and praying that paypal look into this properly as i should be protected by them as a buyer, not only is the item used when he stated it was new, It is also missing items which his listing stated were there, I shall keep you informed of the outcome but i am not getting my hopes up,

#39 Noah

Noah

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,136 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Club

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

And this is why I don't trust eBay. Sorry mate.

#40 leeuk

leeuk

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

I have never until now had a bad experience with ebay i have always received my items that i purchased and they have always been described as they should but i suppose it has to happen to somebody unfortunately that somebody is me and for a little over £2000, The seller had good feedback and had sold these engines and received + feedback for them, I have just got of the phone to paypal to dispute the claim for the roller rockers being closed in the sellers favour as i had paid for 2 items from the seller for which i had 2 separate invoices, The first being the engine and gearbox and the second invoice being for the 1.5 roller rockers, The seller had told paypal that the 2 payments were for 1 item in saying this i would not be covered by there protection policy and i am under the impression thats why they had closed the case for the roller rockers, But after speaking to a helpful chap from paypal he has looked into the listing seen the description stating for an extra £185.00 i could buy the rockers too, also the fact i had 2 separate invoices for 2 separate items, The case for the roller rockers has now been opened again awaiting the sellers response, It just goes to show that the seller knows his way around the paypal system and is trying to have me in hook line and sinker,

#41 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • 13,129 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

Pm me his phone number and email, I'll have a look and see if I can find him

#42 leeuk

leeuk

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

Pm me his phone number and email, I'll have a look and see if I can find him

This is very much appreciated mate,
pm`d

#43 keefr22

keefr22

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:36 AM

Did you use a credit card to pay through Paypal? If so, get onto your credit card company & let them know what's happened as well, in case Paypal don't come through with the refund.

And the thing is, it's not just e-bay where this can happen unfortunately, my daughter nearly got stung by a seller on Amazon, but managed to get her money back in the end - not nearly as much as I hope you get back though!

#44 leeuk

leeuk

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

Did you use a credit card to pay through Paypal? If so, get onto your credit card company & let them know what's happened as well, in case Paypal don't come through with the refund.

And the thing is, it's not just e-bay where this can happen unfortunately, my daughter nearly got stung by a seller on Amazon, but managed to get her money back in the end - not nearly as much as I hope you get back though!

Thanks for all the input guys it has been very much appreciated,
The engine was sent back to the seller yesterday and he signed for it today so paypal have refunded the £1870 that i paid for the engine back to myself,
I am just waiting now for it to go back onto my card, I have however lost the second claim of £185 that i opened against the seller for the roller rockers as paypal said that they were as described, I appeled against this but still they found the case in the sellers favour, I have also lost out on the £120 return costs but the main thing is i got my £1870 back for the engine :D
As you can imagine i was very worried and anxious as the seller sent me an partly poorly reconditioned engine that may of been worth £400 - £500 and i could of lost a lot of money if paypal decided the claim in the sellers favour,

Please let me stress to other members that maybe thinking of purchasing from this seller to think twice.
So thanks again to the TMF members especially to Shifty and mini-luke who went above and beyond for all your help in helping me to resolve this issue as i have been very grateful for your input.

Sellers name - Mr Mohammad Gulzar
Ebay account name - k0759
And he is from the Bradford area

Edited by leeuk, 05 February 2013 - 02:22 PM.

#45 keefr22

keefr22

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

Well, that's mainly good news, but still leaves you 300 quid out of pocket....

Thanks for the headsup on that seller, I have looked at a few of his listings in the past, I won't be in future...!!

keith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users