25 replies to this topic

#16 its_courts28

its_courts28

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:53 PM

Il probably ring and talk to someone, then my conscious is clear and I know there's no comeback. Thanks for your help

#17 Croker

Croker

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:53 PM

As said above mate, you really need to speak with you insurers.

#18 Croker

Croker

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:55 PM

I really need to get quicker at posting!

No worries dude.

#19 icklemini

icklemini

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,982 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:55 PM

How would you declare for e.g. exhaust? I don't know what it is but it's loud so not standard, that's about all I know!

you tell them that... its your responsibility to declare to rhem all material facts. simple.

#20 its_courts28

its_courts28

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:56 PM

When I say 'loud' it's not actually loud, just louder than standard

#21 Samwise777

Samwise777

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:34 AM

State the alloys for definite but when I was 17 I didn't bother telling them it had a stage 1. It'll probably increase your insurance alot even though its a very small mod. Easy enough to say you bought it like that and wouldn't know the difference

#22 mini-luke

mini-luke

Postman Pat

• Traders
  • 2,362 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:35 AM

State the alloys for definite but when I was 17 I didn't bother telling them it had a stage 1. It'll probably increase your insurance alot even though its a very small mod. Easy enough to say you bought it like that and wouldn't know the difference

Ignorance is no excuse

#23 Samwise777

Samwise777

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

Ignorance is no excuse

I agree but an insurance company wouldn't deny you a claim because the exhaust manifold is slightly different than you said and its got a non standard air filter. Well I wouldn't of thought anyway

#24 mini-luke

mini-luke

Postman Pat

• Traders
  • 2,362 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:56 AM

Ignorance is no excuse

I agree but an insurance company wouldn't deny you a claim because the exhaust manifold is slightly different than you said and its got a non standard air filter. Well I wouldn't of thought anyway

Oh they will. If I had to shell out 40k on an insurance claim because you had driven your car though the side of someone's house I'd be trying every trick to wiggle out of it

#25 Samwise777

Samwise777

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

Alright point taken. I was just saying there's a point to how petit they can be... No one states absolutely everything

#26 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,909 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

It is up to you to declare everything that is non standard.

Insurance companies today will use any excuse not to pay out and if you decide to omitsomething and you do get involved in an accident they can hang you out to dry.

If in doubt ask the question, and if you get a response to say its ok then get it in writing. If anything is seen as performance enhancing then that is where you will fall foul.

As an example i am in the process of converting my drum braked Clubman to Cooper S discs and Cooper S wheels. Now this is for safety more than anything else but its non standard so it will need to be declared. The car won't go any faster but at least it will stop now rather than having to think a mile ahead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users