67 replies to this topic

#61 midridge2

midridge2

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

i again have just read the info on the ACE site and even the powers that be are not sure.
It boils down to what parts are classed as monoque sp, we all have our own opinions on that, so it says that every car will be considered separately. it also does not go into enough detail about the identity side by removing part of the inner wing.

i think as long as people understand that there is a possibility of a IVA then thats a good thing.

#62 mike174

mike174

BH2N Big Cheese

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

As Ethel has already warned NO MORE IVA POSTS in this topic or it will be locked.

#63 l_jonez

l_jonez

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts
  • Local Club: south wales mini club

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

Here's mine which bolt on via the shock mounts it gives a much more solid fixing than the thin bit of inner wing most bolt onto

Posted Image

Not the best pic I'm afraid.

Edited by l_jonez, 17 February 2013 - 09:05 PM.

#64 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

i carry my children in my mini i want as much steel around us as possible

what about Minidarren83 he's very vocal on the subject and he's sure he is right, sounds like the right person to get his mini inspected and get this sorted once and for all

Minidarren83 are you willing to do this for the forum

this is my last note on the subject and my only point i ever make when replying to your arguments is that you yourself have not been told your info from the tescos beef mouth and it has ever only been your inturpritation of a few lines of text one of which you say states that 50% of a panel must remain (which it clearly does) so untill yourself has the clear info in written form from the relevent authorities you can not keep preaching possible wrong information it just is not right for you to do so. We have also discused on a previous thread that the reason that this is such a undecided subject is that there has never been any action taken by any of the vehicle and licencing authorities on the so grey area rules and as so nobody including you mr bungle really knows. so lets all do as ethal says either group hug or just walk away happy that in your inturpritation of the rules your car is fine and i will build my car just how i like along with my inturpritation of the rules

darren

i agree we need to know what mods are ok , if your confident about your mini lets use you as the test case

send the DVLA a email with a few pics of your inner wings and lets see if we get written conformation that your mini is ok copy and paste any reply back on this forum

if it turns out your mini is ok we have written evidence as a community and it will give others thinking for this conversion some info to go on

the ball is in your court prove what you say is right

#65 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,025 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Local Club: A5 minis

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:50 PM

As Ethel has already warned NO MORE IVA POSTS in this topic or it will be locked.

what about Minidarren83 he's very vocal on the subject and he's sure he is right, sounds like the right person to get his mini inspected and get this sorted once and for all

this is my last note on the subject and my only point i ever make when replying to your arguments is that you yourself have not been told your info from the tescos beef mouth and it has ever only been your inturpritation of a few lines of text one of which you say states that 50% of a panel must remain (which it clearly does) so untill yourself has the clear info in written form from the relevent authorities you can not keep preaching possible wrong information it just is not right for you to do so. We have also discused on a previous thread that the reason that this is such a undecided subject is that there has never been any action taken by any of the vehicle and licencing authorities on the so grey area rules and as so nobody including you mr bungle really knows. so lets all do as ethal says either group hug or just walk away happy that in your inturpritation of the rules your car is fine and i will build my car just how i like along with my inturpritation of the rules

darren

i agree we need to know what mods are ok , if your confident about your mini lets use you as the test case

send the DVLA a email with a few pics of your inner wings and lets see if we get written conformation that your mini is ok copy and paste any reply back on this forum

if it turns out your mini is ok we have written evidence as a community and it will give others thinking for this conversion some info to go on

Are you deaf?

#66 Minidarren83

Minidarren83

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:50 PM

darren

Seriously man get a different hobby I have no need to prove anything I am not preaching unlike you just disproving your theories it honestly does not bother me one single bit I am a happy man with everything I do to my car so as said plenty of times now shut the f up and let the thread be what it was for, designs of brace bars not you shoving your thoughts down everyone throat unless you have a brace bar to show or an idea to make one better than has already been seen go bother someone else I will no longer answer to you going on

#67 mike174

mike174

BH2N Big Cheese

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

AS WARNINGS WERE IGNORED THIS TOPIC IS NOW LOCKED

#68 Minidarren83

Minidarren83

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

Sorry to all the admins for the final post please delete all unipropriate material as you see fit and let the thread be as it was intended I too was interested in this thread in the start
Darren

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users