#16 Turbo Nick

Turbo Nick

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts
  • Local Club: Turbominis.co.uk

Posted 13 April 2006 - 12:39 PM

the lock washer is part of the bolt. you need to pry it away with a screwdriver then just get your socket and knock it on to flatten out the lock washer.

as for the keyway i'd personally just get the engine to tdc on number 1 and it should be fine.
to be honest i've never bothered to check the orientation of the keyway when removing flywheels and i've never had a problem. actually when you get the bolt out you'll be able to see the keyway, there's gonna be no chance of your flywheel coming off and the C washer dropping anyway.

another thing to make sure of is once the big bolt is out make sure you remove the keyed washer thats behind it, the one that keeps the flywheel square with the crank keyway. otherwise your flywheel will not budge in the slightest.

#17 Mini Mad James

Mini Mad James

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 03:57 PM

Got it off ;D

forgot to use the thrust pad the first time round :D almost damaged the crankshaft
second time round it came off with a huge bang :D its much heavier than i thought to be honest

also found the source of an oil leak :wub: is it easy to replace the seal round the crankshaft?

Attached Files

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users