90 replies to this topic

#61 Harrison541

Harrison541

A bowl of prawns, avocado and cress?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:08 PM

Definately interested, just depends on dates for having the car roadworthy.

It would be really nice to see some form of set up where peple in modified minis or bike engined minis were offering lifts around the track for those of us considering conversions.

For the track I would vote for something tight and twisty, I dont think my mini will handle a hard push down long straights.

#62 Radleigh

Radleigh

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

I'd love to come for support (don't own a mini at the moment!), I don't mind taking photos on the day either for people!

#63 Zara

Zara

BANANAS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Local Club: Charnwood Minis

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

Yep Id definately be down for this!!

#64 The-Womble

The-Womble

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:54 PM

I'd be up for this too!

#65 MIGLIACARS

MIGLIACARS

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:09 AM

CADWELL PARK

#66 Nick '91

Nick '91

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:51 AM

Think Bedford aerodrome, its up north (central) and plenty of run off for when you run out of talent. Also large enough to be run as open pit style thing.

Shame wont have anything to take.

#67 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:22 AM

Cadwell is nowhere near central enough, it's way over in the East of the Midlands.

Posted Image

This will help a little.

#68 The Matt

The Matt

• Admin
  • 17,229 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:23 AM

Looking at that, Silverstone, Mallory or Donnington would seem to be the best bet. It's going to depend on where the majority of interested parties are based though I guess.

#69 rally515

rally515

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:25 AM

Donington,mallory & rockingham seem the sensible options

EDIT:^^ what he said^^

Edited by rally515, 09 March 2013 - 08:25 AM.

#70 The Matt

The Matt

• Admin
  • 17,229 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:29 AM

I've never even been to speccy at Mallory, but isn't it quite a small track? Is there much run off around there?

#71 Kat7Racing

Kat7Racing

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:56 AM

Of the 3 in consideration Ive only raced at 2 ....... Silverstone is a bit big and wide for a Mini, ( in my opinion), its also got long straights which although great for a Formula 1 car does little for me in a Mini. Donington would be the most favourable it has lots of interesting twists and turns and also has some good gradient changes. Mallory I cant comment on as have never been. As a central location Dony gets my vote...... would prob be a lot less expensive than Silverstone as well

#72 rally515

rally515

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:07 AM

Heres a onboard at mallory park for you guys to judge:

#73 Old Bob

Old Bob

TMF Menber Passed On R.I,P

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:44 AM

I can't be the only one here who has to watch the pennies........ If you are going to have a successful track day - and no reason why it shouldn't be - it has to be affordable. That probably means that tracks like Silverstone are out straight away because I suspect they charge £5,000 plus for a single day. That's a lot of people needed to share the cost, but the circuit will probably have a numbers restriction anyway.

My suggestion would be to approach all the professional track day organisers and ask them for quotes on an exclusive TMF day. Let them give you the choice of circuits, availability and the number of cars they will allow or can legally cope with. That way you know what can be done and for how much. After that, you just have to get the TMF members to come.

Bob

#74 rally1380

rally1380

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:36 AM

I can't be the only one here who has to watch the pennies........ If you are going to have a successful track day - and no reason why it shouldn't be - it has to be affordable. That probably means that tracks like Silverstone are out straight away because I suspect they charge £5,000 plus for a single day. That's a lot of people needed to share the cost, but the circuit will probably have a numbers restriction anyway.

My suggestion would be to approach all the professional track day organisers and ask them for quotes on an exclusive TMF day. Let them give you the choice of circuits, availability and the number of cars they will allow or can legally cope with. That way you know what can be done and for how much. After that, you just have to get the TMF members to come.

Bob

Thats exactly why i suggested a small twisty venue like 3 Sisters circuit....but it seems suggestions of Donnington, Mallory and Rockingham are more popular (and expensive!).

I think a hands up of how much people are willing to pay would be sensible as this will dictate where we can afford to rent out. because in an ideal world i'd like to blast round the Monnaco G.P circuit but no way anyone can afford that....time to get realistic i feel.

#75 rally515

rally515

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:50 AM

Bob

Thats exactly why i suggested a small twisty venue like 3 Sisters circuit....but it seems suggestions of Donnington, Mallory and Rockingham are more popular (and expensive!).

I think a hands up of how much people are willing to pay would be sensible as this will dictate where we can afford to rent out. because in an ideal world i'd like to blast round the Monnaco G.P circuit but no way anyone can afford that....time to get realistic i feel.

I agree with both these posts, Word of this being annual might bring the costs of a trackday down yet members turning up being a must is the ultimate decision making as each member that doesnt everyone else cops for each.

For example: im up for it 100% although i cant say i'l be able to make it every year.

Maybe a fixed payment/contribution which gives a sort of TMF+ membership thing ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users