The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

Three sisters and Oulton would be perfect for me, but we're just toying with the idea at the moment.

I'm happy to approach all uk tracks for their interest and costs. I do suspect Silverstone would be no good. There are also sprint tracks like Curborough that we coild condider. Also very central.

I think I'll just start emailing and phoning people to get an idea of costs and their requirements from us.

#77 rally515

rally515

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

Three sisters and Oulton would be perfect for me, but we're just toying with the idea at the moment.

I'm happy to approach all uk tracks for their interest and costs. I do suspect Silverstone would be no good. There are also sprint tracks like Curborough that we coild condider. Also very central.

I think I'll just start emailing and phoning people to get an idea of costs and their requirements from us.

Sounds good, fingers crossed for us all that tmf's best intrests can meet with reality :lol: .
Im wanting to go work on my mini already ha ha

#78 rally1380

rally1380

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

Personnally i like the idea of using smaller circuits like Three sisters and Curbourogh as i'm sure this will ensure the price will be affordable. Plus (as i've said before) the minis handling and relative lack of power would be perfect for twistier circuits....pointless hammering down Silverstones' Hangar straight red lining it all day as thats one way to kill an engine.

The last time i did a track day at Oulton it was around £100 for the full day with an open pit and unlimited sessions. Trouble is it was in december which is when track time is shortest due to light levels and was quite slippy. To do the same sort of event during warmer months the price would be double!

Another thing to consider would be mid week track days as these do tend to be cheaper...not sure if that would be to everyones taste though???

Either way, i'm up for it as long as the price is right.

#79 Radleigh

Radleigh

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:07 PM

Is Curborough a proper track though that you could go round and round? I just thought it was a point-to-point track.

Three Sisters looks good and is £150 for 4 hours track hire, although quite far out the way for most people. (St.Helens area.)

#80 Midas Mk1

Midas Mk1

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:13 PM

Three Sisters would be an awesome Mini track, was certainly fun when ive blasted Binis around there!
Oulton would be good too, something more accessible for us northerners, as a hell of alot of Mini shows / events are further south! :thumbsup:

#81 Radleigh

Radleigh

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:18 PM

What about a North & South TMF track day. Could try and host it on the same day at two different tracks. The more I look at Three Sisters the more it's appealing to me to go to..Then maybe a Southern track day at somewhere like Bedford?

#82 Pitcrew6464

Pitcrew6464

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts
  • Local Club: mini 7 racing club

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:28 PM

Do you have a date in mind???

#83 Da11yn

Da11yn

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

Hey guys,

There is a autosolo and autotest taster day at curborough sprint course on the 27th of April, if anyone fancies taking there mini for a blast. Its £10 to play, free to spectate and all you need is a car and and driving licence.

Details and entry forms at the following

http://btrda.com/Gen...rticle_1112.php

#84 adamg1380

adamg1380

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:54 PM

I do track days in the mini anyway so would be up for this at the right track. 

The bigger tracks like Donnie IMO are a bit boring in a Mini unless it's something very fast. Even Oulton Park is a bit too fast. Cadwell Park is one of the best, Anglesey Coastal is great but hardly central, and then there are some really fun small ones: 3 sisters is perfect for minis (driven it in a FF1600), curborough would be great, Barkston Heath sprint track is fun IMO (but then I'm into sprints & hillclimbs anyway), and I had a really good day at Blyton Park which doesn't look anything special but was a blast in the mini.

Do it through a track day organiser - Just hiring a track is a total no go IMO. Javelin Trackdays are really good at organising this kind of thing and can even organise timed sprints at sprint venues (I'm not connected with them in any way). .

Forget any ideas about racing, that's not what trackdays are about and you get sent home for it. For circuits you will get sent home just for timing.

It should be really easy to organise through a track day company, they do things like this for clubs all the time, and it would be really good to see one for minis.

Edited by adamg1380, 10 May 2013 - 01:54 PM.

#85 Tommyboy12

Tommyboy12

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:19 PM

Ive done Barkston Heath before. Its a fun track but its short (sub 90 seconds) and cars can stack up on the starting line quite quickly if its busy.

#86 adamg1380

adamg1380

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

http://www.javelintr...id=42&Itemid=23

Personally I wouldn't go on anything track-day-like that was not organised by someone like that, there are way too many things to organise and consider (marshalls, medical, insurance etc etc) to do it any other way.

Edited by adamg1380, 10 May 2013 - 03:43 PM.

#87 ianclark1275

ianclark1275

Stage One Kit Fitted

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Local Club: Minicross drivers association

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:24 PM

I do track days in the mini anyway so would be up for this at the right track. 

The bigger tracks like Donnie IMO are a bit boring in a Mini unless it's something very fast. Even Oulton Park is a bit too fast. Cadwell Park is one of the best, Anglesey Coastal is great but hardly central, and then there are some really fun small ones: 3 sisters is perfect for minis (driven it in a FF1600), curborough would be great, Barkston Heath sprint track is fun IMO (but then I'm into sprints & hillclimbs anyway), and I had a really good day at Blyton Park which doesn't look anything special but was a blast in the mini.

Do it through a track day organiser - Just hiring a track is a total no go IMO. Javelin Trackdays are really good at organising this kind of thing and can even organise timed sprints at sprint venues (I'm not connected with them in any way). .

Forget any ideas about racing, that's not what trackdays are about and you get sent home for it. For circuits you will get sent home just for timing.

It should be really easy to organise through a track day company, they do things like this for clubs all the time, and it would be really good to see one for minis.

ive only done 2 track days in a road mini, and they were Cadwell and Blyton.

Cadwell is great but when you loose it your likely to be in trouble.

Blyton has lots of run off and is safer.

IC

#88 adamg1380

adamg1380

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

Blyton has lots of run off and is safer.

IC

Very true, another thing I liked about Blyton Park. I'll be back there I think.

#89 mini-man-dan

mini-man-dan

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,684 posts
  • Local Club: J19 Mini Owners Club

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:59 PM

Just a suggestion, Llandow is a fun twisty track and cheap too

#90 Moggyton

Moggyton

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • Local Club: Stone mini club

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:24 PM

Curborough is only one car on at a time, id be interested, perhaps donington or oulton? :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users