#1 duffman

duffman

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • Local Club: Doncaster Mini Owners Club

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

SO, it would appear that there is a MASSIVE loophole with TV licencing, as in you don't actually need one.

Here is what i've found,,,

Firstly you cancel your TV licence and give the reason for not needing one as 'TV is only used for watching pre-recorded videos and DVD's'

Secondly, DO NOT give them any personal information such as your name etc, simply cancel using the address.

Thirdly, send a letter (with no personal information) stating address only!! removing all implied rights of access, this means that there employee's and agents are NOT allowed to enter your property (including drive way) so may NOT come to your door.

When an agent/employee comes to your door (as they inevitably will), record them with a camera or mobile from the outset and state 'All rights of implied access have been removed at this property and you are not obliged by law to give any information, further more, any repeat visits will be classed as aggravated trespass'. at this point they will simply walk away as they are being recorded. most importantly you must NOT give them your name and must NOT sign anything or accept anything they give you. This way they cannot prove who you are or who lives at the property there for cannot prosecute anyone. you will however get a visit every couple of months (repeat process as above) and receive letters, these must be forwarded back to them with an enclosing letter stating you do not need a licence and have revoked all implied rights of access. after this they will leave you alone for 2 years.

what this means is, to prosecute you they must PROVE you are watching LIVE feed television, without implied rights of access they cannot even set foot on your drive, let alone knock on the door making it impossible to prove. They can NOT issue a warrant to search WITHOUT the occupants name and you are NOT obliged to give them your name there fore all threats of court and prosecution are simply that, threats, they have no legal standing without evidence providing you do not give them any information, do not allow them onto your property and DO NOT accept any paperwork or correspondence they offer you.

I haven't tried this yet but there are thousands and thousands that have including many TV stars themselves who openly admit it on youtube. There are many many forums dedicated to spreading the word that you do not have to be bullied into having a TV licence just to fund the BBC pedophile rings (as they put it).
Has anyone on here tried it yet?

if you search TV licence on you tube there are literally thousands of video's showing you how to do it and what to say to them, its mental.

#2 mike.

mike.

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

I saw this earlier, i'm not surprised there are loopholes.

Most students don't have TV licences, the student halls I lived in for 2 years even advised us not to buy one because they don't allow the inspectors on site.

#3 KernowCooper

KernowCooper

Sparkie

• Mini Docs
  • 7,847 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Local Club: Kernow Mini Club

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:06 PM

Best of luck, but surely is it worth all the aggro? a mate of mine got done after he had no license and gave reason watching dvd's but got fined as he had equioment capable of receiving a signal i.e a tv but he did give his name though and answered letters with his signature.

#4 duffman

duffman

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

Yeah thats what i've been told, you only need a licence to watch live as broadcast TV, to prove this they must enter your property, if you refuse access there's nothing they can do apart from trying to get a warrant, without your name they can't get a warrant, they may flash an APPLICATION for a warrant as a scare tactic but without your name they can't even fill it in let alone submit it hahaha.

I know its only 12 quid a month but if i'm honest its not the money, its the principle of the thing. i pay a licence to watch BBC channels which is a massively corrupt agency full of criminals, pedo's and the likes which is why i don't watch the BBC programs very often, possibly top gear and that's it, and you can watch it on the Iplayer without a licence anyway as its not a live broadcast!!!
personally i think they should be told to fund themselves like the other channels via advertising etc. Like the audio licence which was abolished in 1971, the TV licence is heading the same way in my opinion. the radio/audio licence was abolished as the people refused to pay for audio and TV, now we have the power of internet and iplayers on consoles and phones etc its only heading in one direction.

#5 duffman

duffman

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

Best of luck, but surely is it worth all the aggro? a mate of mine got done after he had no license and gave reason watching dvd's but got fined as he had equioment capable of receiving a signal i.e a tv but he did give his name though and answered letters with his signature.

yeah thats where he's gone wrong, you are not legally obliged to divulge your personal information and without it they can't do anything, to prosecute or fine they must first prove you are watching a TV live as broadcast, without access they cannot do this. the only way your mate could have been prosecuted is if he admitted it and accepted the fine. If only this information was more readily available.

I've spent a few days researching this now as indepth as i can using legal advice pages, forums and carfully reading the wording on TVL's own site and its all legit if done correctly, there is nothing they can do

#6 elpedro

elpedro

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Local Club: north east mini club

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

this is bonkers hahaha

#7 duffman

duffman

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:36 PM

What about the electoral register, if your on that and fill it in every year. How can you deny you live there ?

you don't deny you live there, nor do you confirm it, thats the point. if they can't confirm it they can't do anything, plus they aren't allowed to use the electoral register as it is classed as cold calling/selling which breaches data protection. effectively, because you have cancelled your TV licence they are trying to sell you one by proving you need it.

so if they don't have your name (must be confirmed by yourself) and have no legal right to access your property they cannot prove you have the necessary equipment and ability to receive live as broadcast television and don't have the name of the person to prosecute even if they could prove it, which they can't without consented access OR a named warrant (which they don't have and you have no obligation to give them) lol. its win win if done correctly and lose lose for the fat cats. tied up by their own legal red tape. there is nothing they can do which makes it brilliant. 1-0 to the little guy :) every little helps

in addition, the electoral role only shows who lives at the property and not who is responsible for the bills, TV, house etc. this is why they need your name, and if you ask them (whilst recording the as evidence) "am i obliged to give you any information" they have to say no otherwise they are breaking the law and you have the recording as evidence.

Edited by duffman, 13 March 2013 - 05:44 PM.

#8 MR J

MR J

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Local Club: Doncaster Mini Owners

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

I don't mind paying the TV licence, if there was a way around paying the extortinate Sky TV fees then I would be on it like a flash!! lol.

#9 TopCatCustom

TopCatCustom

Previously known as C4NN0N.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

Doesn't sound like a loophole to me- sounds like fraud.

A loophole would be something like- "you don't need a license if you have a tv for educational purposes", and you tell them you watch the news.

Your idea sounds like a bit of a scumbags cheat, they should be able to set up a device over the road from you which blocks any signal going to your house, it's blatant fraud. Like telling the police they aren't allowed on your land to arrest you after you have just committed a crime!

#10 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,025 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Local Club: A5 minis

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

It isn't only live tv. My best mate lives in an area of Wales where there is no reception at all. About 15 years ago he was taken to court, despite evidence that he could not possibly be using a tv to watch tv, and that it could only be used for videos, he ended up being done for nearly £2k. He got his MP involved and appealed but nothing happened. If you hoping to avoid it by not giving a name then better not be on the electoral role, or have any bills, or a bank account etc etc. all are evidence of residence.

#11 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,441 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:07 PM

It's not exactly a loophole if you're still committing an offence by watching telly without one. Student halls used to be their favourite hunting grounds as they could liesurely tip up at about 11 & the uni would let them in to collar half a dozen students watching Telly Tubbies in their jim-jams. Beats me why anyone would have a telly licence now you can watch it all on broadband, when you want, for free.

The offence is watching it, by any medium (t'interweb) while it's been broadcast. They tell you so if you click on Top Gear while it's going out on a Sunday.

#12 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:09 PM

can they prove you watch live TV from a sky/cable bill ?

and what about the dish on the side of your house ?

#13 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,025 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Local Club: A5 minis

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

Unless the law has changed the issue is the possession of a tv, it does not matter what you watch on it. It doesnt even need to be plugged in. Pcs laptops etc are a separate case.

#14 duffman

duffman

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

nope, your missing the point. you are NOT obliged to give your name. they cannot prosecute you if you DO NOT give them your name, they cannot prosecute a nameless person.

If you read their site you do NOT need a licence just because you own a TV, you only need a licence if you are receiving live as broadcast TV, FACT, it states this on their own site. If they cannot prove that you are using it to watch live to broadcast TV they can't prosecute.

Scum bag cheat way? is it not the scum bag cheats that bully you into paying for a licence in the first place so they can fill their already massive bank accounts and pockets? the licence only pays for the BBC.

If it means me being called a scum bag cheat rather than giving the crooks and pedo's enough money to pay off witnesses, police etc and hide their sordid crimes and secrets then so be it. why should i have to pay just for BBC channels, esspetially when i pay for sky TV.

direct quote from their site "If you don’t watch or record television programmes as they are being shown on TV, on any device, you don’t need a TV Licence. Here’s how you can let us know."

"You don't need a licence if you don't use any of these devices to watch or record television programmes as they're being shown on TV - for example, if you use your TV only to watch DVDs or play video games, or you only watch ‘catch up’ services like BBC iPlayer or 4oD."

Edited by duffman, 13 March 2013 - 07:22 PM.

#15 steven

steven

One Carb Or Two?

• Banned from Buying/Selling
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

seems like a lot of effort to me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users