Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 10:41 AM

That's a beauty!

What are the wheels/tyres/Arches combo?

Lenny

Don't want to hijack their thread so i'll just link you to my project. ;-)

http://www.theminifo...ast-road-thing/

Yams

#452 MrElliott

MrElliott

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Local Club: Box Hill Mini Club

Posted 05 October 2014 - 12:54 PM

these guys are doing a great job on my mini including sills, bulkhead replacement, new front end and full respray for a very reasonable price! i will put pictures up when i get the car back from them :)

#453 Fast Ivan

Fast Ivan

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 07:28 PM

Some obvious negativity in the thread which i'm sure will be sorted, BUT just over a year since Lewis, Paul and his dad resprayed my 89 mayfair. They also fitted a new front end (wings and front panel) and smoothed the rear bumper.

They did a great job, the photos don't do it justice. I was always planning to post a recommendation for these guys, but as the project has only recently neared completion i never got round to it.

frontview2.jpg

rearview1.jpg

Gave it a good clean and clayed it, and it's still smooth as glass.

Yams

that looks lovely

how many miles have you done since the work?

#454 Yams

Yams

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 09:20 PM

that looks lovely

how many miles have you done since the work?

Was about a year and a bit ago, so about 6k miles since the job.

#455 PlugExploits

PlugExploits

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:20 PM

Paul is currently working on my car which has been a full restoration and it's very nearly finished. He's been nothing but helpfull, regular phone calls to keep me updated and never unfriendly. Even met up with me at mini in the park in the pissing rain to help me get the right parts that I needed. I've dealt with a lot of small company's throughout this restoration and there is a few bad things I could say about some of them (which I won't) but fusion body work is defiantly not one of them. Can't wait to get my car back, I'll stick some picks up when I get it back, looks well smart

MOD EDIT: personal comments are not acceptable and have been removed.

#456 Yams

Yams

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:50 PM

So it still seems a load of people are being kept in the dark. I wonder how many are still being lied to about the work being done. Paul, as always still remains unfriendly. 

If you want a thief and a liar working on your car go for it. Not only money but even bolts.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion mate, but in my opinion he's a great guy.

There is always two sides to every story.

It's one thing to call someone unfriendly on a forum, but calling someone out as a liar is not on.

#457 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,025 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Local Club: A5 minis

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:53 PM

Can I remind everyone to only comment if you have DIRECT experience of the trader in question and to keep all posts factual and polite.

#458 sheridan

sheridan

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:34 PM

Four cars going through there at the moment, also had a previous car done there which was outstanding & sold for top money. I can't fault them. I have recommended others to Paul including a MK1 'S' & a Mk2 Woody.

That's my personal experience. There only seems to be one, lingering dissenting voice, I actually bought his car from him part through because he ran out of money. No shame in that, life's like that sometimes, but frankly I feel embarrassed for him reading his continual winging ever since...

#459 locrep

locrep

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:24 PM

Mines booked in for the second weekend of November, I have found Paul friendly & helpfull.

Dave.

#460 Yams

Yams

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:03 PM

Just as a heads up, from the conversations I've had with Paul recently (he's currently got my car there again for some more work right now), and over the past year or so dealing with him it doesn't seem he really reads this forum thread. I think he'd rather just get on with the job and restore cars than spend time bickering on the net.

Just saying.

#461 HarrysMini

HarrysMini

I do not have short legs!!!

• Members
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:20 PM

Just as a heads up, from the conversations I've had with Paul recently (he's currently got my car there again for some more work right now), and over the past year or so dealing with him it doesn't seem he really reads this forum thread. I think he'd rather just get on with the job and restore cars than spend time bickering on the net.

Just saying.

This is the impression I got. And rightly so in my opinion. 

#462 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,900 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:04 PM

Right before any more comments are made from anybody else i am going to clean this up until things have been settled. 

#463 HarrysMini

HarrysMini

I do not have short legs!!!

• Members
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 05:15 PM

Is it okay if I come up in a few weeks to collect some parts left behind, Lewis?

#464 lawrie124

lawrie124

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:18 PM

Is it okay if I come up in a few weeks to collect some parts left behind, Lewis?

Rings a bell. Still waiting for a painted rear number plate light cover after about 6 months.

#465 lawrie124

lawrie124

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:57 PM

Rings a bell. Still waiting for a painted rear number plate light cover after about 6 months.

Correction; my mate is still waiting for a painted rear number plate to be sent about a year after his rolling shell was returned.

Shameful.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)