148 replies to this topic

#106 petehuws

petehuws

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:09 AM

Sad I know!!!  Here's a picture of Tiny3 the Rover RSP, & Super Tiny 3 the Tamiya RSP

tamiyarsp_zpse090abb6.jpg

#107 minimaxie

minimaxie

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:20 AM

Sad I know!!!  Here's a picture of Tiny3 the Rover RSP, & Super Tiny 3 the Tamiya RSP

Very cool Pete, can I ask where you got the numberplate stickers please, have you got a link? I think you can also get the Cooper Fog lamp covers for it too, seen em somewheres on ebay before

Edited by minimaxie, 14 June 2013 - 10:21 AM.

#108 SAL 821X

SAL 821X

• Members
  • 1,890 posts
  • Local Club: Leicester Mini Owners Club

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:22 AM

IMG_2585_zps3d8c2341.jpg

Hope this helps...

Awesome thanks Mike.

I guess without the window stickers on the back it might look a bit like a van instead of an estate.

I need to measure my mardave to see if it would fit but having seen the mice have attacked it I might as well just buy a tamiya mini cheap off ebay.

#109 petehuws

petehuws

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:27 AM

Sure thing!!  And many thanks for not calling me a saddo (unlike my girlfriend)..  I got the numberplate stickers from ebay.  Thanks for the tip about the spotlamp covers!

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2ec0da248f

#110 petehuws

petehuws

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:28 AM

Very cool Pete, can I ask where you got the numberplate stickers please, have you got a link? I think you can also get the Cooper Fog lamp covers for it too, seen em somewheres on ebay before

Sure thing!!  And many thanks for not calling me a saddo (unlike my girlfriend)..  I got the numberplate stickers from ebay.  Thanks for the tip about the spotlamp covers!

#111 minimaxie

minimaxie

• Members
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:30 AM

Thanks Pete! Haha my girlfriend said the same thing about mine. No problem, tried searching for the Cooper Fog lamp covers for you, but cant find any at the mo, alternative could be that could print some off if you scaled down an image and stick em on. Or leave as is, still look cool!

#112 minimaxie

minimaxie

• Members
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:32 AM

Honestly, I really want this. But for the price >_< http://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_14735wt_904

#113 petehuws

petehuws

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:35 AM

Thanks Pete! Haha my girlfriend said the same thing about mine. No problem, tried searching for the Cooper Fog lamp covers for you, but cant find any at the mo, alternative could be that could print some off if you scaled down an image and stick em on. Or leave as is, still look cool!

I'll take them off the 'real' car...  Bizarre that I'm now turning my 'real' car into looking like my RCC, add a mag mount antenna and the only difference will be the Tamiya doesn't leak oil

#114 minimaxie

minimaxie

• Members
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:44 AM

the only difference will be the Tamiya doesn't leak oil

They have to mark their territory some how ;)

#115 a_woolhouse

a_woolhouse

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:03 PM

New mini shell (to make a replica of my mini :P ) came this morning any ideas what the best way to paint it & best type of paint is ? :D

Edited by a_woolhouse, 29 June 2013 - 10:03 PM.

#116 megamini_jb

megamini_jb

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,491 posts
  • Name: Jamie

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:07 PM

I'm selling mine if anyone is interested :)

#117 Scoop77

Scoop77

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:56 AM

New mini shell (to make a replica of my mini :P ) came this morning any ideas what the best way to paint it & best type of paint is ? :D

There are several brands, and I haven't found that one is any better than another, as long as its for lexan plastics.

#118 minimaxie

minimaxie

• Members
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:40 PM

Got mine working yesterday for the first time since I bought it over a year ago now. Well chuffed!

Bought it off ebay as a broken bodyshell (and I mean BROKEN!) and rolling chassis with Acoms servos and radio reciever.

It needed: a powerpack, a set of crystals, a battery charger, and of course... a remote controller!

Was a bit annoyed when I found out yesterday, my new Acoms remote controller I bought a few days before had 2 missing battery pick ups! It meant 2 of the AA batteries wern't connected in anyway, thus no power to the remote >_< however, I am a MAN! and as such, I would not be defeated by cheap electronic hokery and simply return it for another one! I set about dismantling an old VCR remote (yep, still have a VCR somewhere) for the battery pick ups. Then set about soldering them together where the original ones should have been. Worked a treat! My little RC chassis fired into life! It's right rapid, must have a hopped up motor in :shifty: Anyways, now it's running, I'm going to be buying some new Minilite wheels, new tyres (as the ones it came with are bald) new allu oil filled adjustable shocks, lots of allu hop up options and finally paint the bodyshell same as my real Mini! CAN'T WAIT! :D

#119 SAL 821X

SAL 821X

• Members
  • 1,890 posts
  • Local Club: Leicester Mini Owners Club

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:43 AM

Guys which model is the better of the two M03 or M05 chassis

#120 Scoop77

Scoop77

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:20 AM

What do you want to do with it?
There isn't really a better one anyway. It's how you set them up and whether you can drive it or not ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users