#16 BronkoMini

BronkoMini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Fixers

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:20 PM

The other issue around the roof gutter is that it's a notorious place for paint dust and residue from prep work to collect. If that dust and residue isn't cleaned away thoroughly before respraying, the new paint won't adhere properly and will either lift, or allow moisture to get beneath causing corrosion and the paint to flake off.

That's a good point, I just feel that as he gave a good price for it so why should I complain :shy:

#17 Noah

Noah

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,136 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Club

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:22 PM

The other issue around the roof gutter is that it's a notorious place for paint dust and residue from prep work to collect. If that dust and residue isn't cleaned away thoroughly before respraying, the new paint won't adhere properly and will either lift, or allow moisture to get beneath causing corrosion and the paint to flake off.

That's a good point, I just feel that as he gave a good price for it so why should I complain :shy:

It's all very well, it may be a good price but thats still not fit for purpose. It shouldn't do that.

#18 BronkoMini

BronkoMini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:30 PM

Yea my friends say that i should of gone back and complained because the inside paint if even worse but i don't think we paid to get the inside done im not sure I shall take a picture of the inside tomorrow and see what you lot think probably after i have the mini restorer

#19 Noah

Noah

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,136 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Club

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:35 PM

You don't need to worry about the inside as much, its not exposed to the elements like the outside. Unless you wan't a concourse looking car, even Rover didn't spray all of the inside, they sprayed the metal that you can see...

#20 BronkoMini

BronkoMini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

You don't need to worry about the inside as much, its not exposed to the elements like the outside. Unless you wan't a concourse looking car, even Rover didn't spray all of the inside, they sprayed the metal that you can see...

That's what I thought its just my friends don't seem to be the non complaining type

#21 Alex_B

Alex_B

Doesn't put foot in mouth enough!

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,573 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:41 PM

Well if you paid for the car to be restored inc interior then you should get what you paid for, as for not knowing what you paid for thats a bit odd did you not sit down with the guy restoring it and get certain things to be done etc?

#22 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,129 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:48 PM

I'd have said that was down to poor prep, the paint underneath still looks shiny to me(could just be the pictures though)

If you don't want to(or can't) take it back then it could be flatted back and blown in with a rattle can. You'd have to be careful not to damage the good paint though.

#23 BronkoMini

BronkoMini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:54 PM

Well if you paid for the car to be restored inc interior then you should get what you paid for, as for not knowing what you paid for thats a bit odd did you not sit down with the guy restoring it and get certain things to be done etc?

My dad sorted it all out, but i think it was supposed to be a full resto ill see what he says tomorrow im sure it will go well

#24 BronkoMini

BronkoMini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:56 PM

I'd have said that was down to poor prep, the paint underneath still looks shiny to me(could just be the pictures though)

If you don't want to(or can't) take it back then it could be flatted back and blown in with a rattle can. You'd have to be careful not to damage the good paint though.

Yea I was thinking about masking it all of and spraying it ill have to wait until tomorrow and see what happens I shall post the news tomorrow :D

#25 BronkoMini

BronkoMini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

Will be visiting the mini man this afternoon, this is the floor behind the passenger seat :angry: Posted Image

#26 BronkoMini

BronkoMini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

Went to see the mini man and he was nice enough and said he would fix it so all good :D

#27 mini-luke

mini-luke

Postman Pat

• Traders
  • 2,362 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

I'll bet good money it's got oversills, that rust line looks like where the weld has burned the paint off the other side when they were seam welded on

#28 rally515

rally515

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:25 PM

I'll bet good money it's got oversills, that rust line looks like where the weld has burned the paint off the other side when they were seam welded on

This is a damn good point mini luke, Bronko mini could you get some under car shots & post them on here ?

Oversills: http://www.minisport..._08-01-004.html

Vented sills: http://www.minisport...fo_14A9534.html

#29 BronkoMini

BronkoMini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

This is a damn good point mini luke, Bronko mini could you get some under car shots & post them on here ?

Oversills: http://www.minisport..._08-01-004.html

Vented sills: http://www.minisport...fo_14A9534.html

Under car shots of what? O_O The sill?

Edited by BronkoMini, 05 April 2013 - 04:44 PM.

#30 BronkoMini

BronkoMini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

and it was zink primed apparently on the insidem of the car

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users