#31 chrisj

chrisj

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:52 PM

Looks great!

Tahiti blue, sportspack, hits the spot every time for me!

#32 CCX

CCX

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:33 AM

mine bin in paintshop for 4 weeks now :bah: yours looks ace , i may go back to those alloys!

Looks great!

Tahiti blue, sportspack, hits the spot every time for me!

Thank you both for the kind comments. 

#33 Quincy Sparks

Quincy Sparks

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Local Club: BHMC, MCR

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:07 PM

Who doesn't love shiny things?

Genuine GB badge from Somerford Mini. I also fitted a new grille surround top trim (the shiny bit that fits on to the bottom of the bonnet), so the front brightwork is finished now - new bumper, headlamp rings, grille ends, grill surround top, and I also took the grille off and polished it. That saved the expense of a new grille because it came up really well.

I've also just started trying to get the original dealer sticker, tax disc and number plates reproduced. Thanks to a lot of research and a very kind member of the mg rover forum, I can now have these reproduced to match the originals and put them on the car.  :D

Look forward to seeing the next update! Would like to go down the dealer sticker / tax disc route myself, but need to find out where my car came from first...

Was thinking of making up my own generic Rover sticker if I can't find the original dealer info - rewrite history and appoint myself a fictional Rover dealer in 1990 ;)

#34 SecretSugar

SecretSugar

Sweet!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:18 PM

and still you are putting mine to shame...lol every time I see your updates, it just gets better and better looking! I have to admit now that its making me more and more eager to try and get on and fix mine and make mine nearly as beautiful as yours.  :wub:  Good job!!

#35 CCX

CCX

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:08 PM

Who doesn't love shiny things?

Genuine GB badge from Somerford Mini. I also fitted a new grille surround top trim (the shiny bit that fits on to the bottom of the bonnet), so the front brightwork is finished now - new bumper, headlamp rings, grille ends, grill surround top, and I also took the grille off and polished it. That saved the expense of a new grille because it came up really well.

I've also just started trying to get the original dealer sticker, tax disc and number plates reproduced. Thanks to a lot of research and a very kind member of the mg rover forum, I can now have these reproduced to match the originals and put them on the car.  :D

Look forward to seeing the next update! Would like to go down the dealer sticker / tax disc route myself, but need to find out where my car came from first...

Was thinking of making up my own generic Rover sticker if I can't find the original dealer info - rewrite history and appoint myself a fictional Rover dealer in 1990 ;)

I've got the number plates made up and on the car now, it's a nice touch I think. The tax disc holder and dealer sticker are currently being reproduced by StickyFingers, so hopefully they will be finished soon so I can get them on the car. I found out where mine came from from the logbook, but if you don't have that I would suggest filling in the V888 form from the DVLA, which will give you a list of previous owners - you could then research which dealer was local to the first owner maybe?

and still you are putting mine to shame...lol every time I see your updates, it just gets better and better looking! I have to admit now that its making me more and more eager to try and get on and fix mine and make mine nearly as beautiful as yours.  :wub:  Good job!!

Thank you very much for your kind comments. Much appreciated.  =] 

I've just bought a set of OEM black wiper arms to go on the car as well (stainless steel on there atm). Anyone know how to remove the old ones and replace them?   

#36 surfblue

surfblue

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:03 PM

Take a look inside the new ones, when they're lifted up at an angle there should be a small retaining piece that moves which locks the arms onto the splines of the wiper rack. Lift up the old ones and gently lever them up. I have sometimes levered them up with the blade of a plain screwdriver, but use something like an old towel beneath it just incase it slips and scrapes your paintwork!

Re your previous question about photos of mine, I only have prints, pre digital camera owning days and no scanner!

Yours is looking good and so nice to see a standard one thats not been messed with.

#37 CCX

CCX

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:37 PM

Thanks a lot surfblue, I'll give it a go. 

#38 CCX

CCX

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:07 PM

I've finally got some pictures of the SMC Rover dealer sticker, tax disc holder and number plates that I had reproduced.  When the tax discs are abandoned, the plan is to get a March 2000 tax disc made up to display, which should complete the original look of the car.  :-)

DSC02090_zpsb35ee2af.jpg

DSC02089_zpsb49a9b41.jpg

DSC02088_zps49548a3b.jpg

StickyFingers did a great job of matching the holder and sticker to my very precise requirements, including the exact original size and shape. It just adds the finishing touch I think. 

#39 silver_toes

silver_toes

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Local Club: None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:43 PM

I love the attention to detail with this car. I absolutely love the original 90's look and the car is a credit to you

Very nice. Keep the updates coming

#40 domdee

domdee

Formally known as dominicdee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts
  • Local Club: hull clubs on FB

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:01 AM

this is sexual!

#41 CCX

CCX

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:43 PM

I love the attention to detail with this car. I absolutely love the original 90's look and the car is a credit to you

Very nice. Keep the updates coming

Thank you so much, it really means a lot! I will try and keep the thread updated, as I have some nice new bits to fit in the new year (cloth headlining as per original, new rear bumper, door mirrors and new chrome door strips). More importantly though, I should be able to start driving it next year - 'excitement' doesn't begin to cover it.  :D

this is sexual!

Err, thank you. Not a comment I was expecting to receive that's for sure. Glad you like it though.   :-)

Edited by CCX, 18 December 2013 - 03:44 PM.

#42 ChrisCityE

ChrisCityE

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:41 PM

Wish my MPI looked this good, it's a brother of yours - TxxxEJB rather than AJB!

Edited by ChrisCityE, 20 December 2013 - 06:42 PM.

#43 CCX

CCX

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:47 PM

Wish my MPI looked this good, it's a brother of yours - TxxxEJB rather than AJB!

Thank you. That's a huge coincidence to have two MPis with works rally car number plates! It would have been first registered in Reading then, as mine was. Do you know what dealer supplied it new?

#44 ChrisCityE

ChrisCityE

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:24 PM

I'll have a look if I can see in the documents I have, I think I just have the original car handbook though.

#45 ChrisCityE

ChrisCityE

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:31 AM

Just had a look through all of the history, and the oldest thing I can find is that the 6000 mile service was stamped 6-4-2000 and is stamped at:

Vehicle Operations
Rover Group Gaydon

Banbury Road

Lighthorne

Warwick

CV35 0RG

Unfortunately I know nothing more than this :(

Edited by ChrisCityE, 21 December 2013 - 10:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users