brum,brum,mike

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:58 PM

DSCF1550_zpsc9951096.jpg

DSCF1553_zps0411ad0c.jpg

Gorgeous car, love the wheels... what are they?

#32 WMU 211G

WMU 211G

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

The centre cap badge just has 'GT' on them... other than that I've no idea! I like 'em too.... they look like 6'' x 10''s and I'm wondering if they do / did them in 5'' x 10'' as well. Looking at them again it strikes me they're almost miniature versions of those used on some '60s Lamborghinis / Maseratis etc.

#33 cradley-heathen

cradley-heathen

Metro-Man

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,481 posts
  • Local Club: spearmint rhino

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:16 PM

The centre cap badge just has 'GT' on them... other than that I've no idea! I like 'em too.... they look like 6'' x 10''s and I'm wondering if they do / did them in 5'' x 10'' as well. Looking at them again it strikes me they're almost miniature versions of those used on some '60s Lamborghinis / Maseratis etc.

i agree they do look like 6" wide rims, i think i saw some of these on ebay a few weeks back, i think i put a link to them in the ebay section on here actually.

i also agree they are very nice, unusual wheels are very cool!

#34 Orange-Phantom

Orange-Phantom

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:21 PM

Some very nice photo's.

Thanks for sharing.

#35 MiniCooper

MiniCooper

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:25 PM

Hi minicooper it was me you were talking with on sunday,I think I was also talking with your mother was I not,many thanks for your comments on my sons car.And yes I can confirm to you he came 1st in the 80's class,after a driven 350mile round trip 340 of those miles in the rain,I never thought I was going to get the little thing looking clean enough and I was also not feeling well it was more than hard work that day I have to say.It was such a shame with the weather for everyone,many thanks John

Thats right, Great to know the car came first!, You were also behind us on the way back for a few minutes, not sure if you can remember the BMW 5 series, S16WAN, was nice to have a mini in the mirror and I saw you drove back too? Was your son having a lazy day? haha  :lol:

- Alex

#36 Hrimfaxi

Hrimfaxi

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:34 PM

MiniCooper - the 3rd pic of Mini's in the trees make them look like they're wild haha.... just me? ..... i'll lay of the coffee..  :lol: 

944turbo - This is off topic, but your avatar - have you posted up a full size pic of that?  A Mini and a Lanc = awesome!

#37 Steely

Steely

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:59 PM

No pics of my 25? Very disapointed! It was the only one there I believe. I think I pretty much took a pic of everyones mini at the show and most of the mini's int he car park

#38 944turbo

944turbo

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:05 PM

Hi minicooper it was me you were talking with on sunday,I think I was also talking with your mother was I not,many thanks for your comments on my sons car.And yes I can confirm to you he came 1st in the 80's class,after a driven 350mile round trip 340 of those miles in the rain,I never thought I was going to get the little thing looking clean enough and I was also not feeling well it was more than hard work that day I have to say.It was such a shame with the weather for everyone,many thanks John

Thats right, Great to know the car came first!, You were also behind us on the way back for a few minutes, not sure if you can remember the BMW 5 series, S16WAN, was nice to have a mini in the mirror and I saw you drove back too? Was your son having a lazy day? haha  :lol:

- Alex

Hi Alex no am sorry I don,t remember seeing your car although the car is my sons pride and joy I am the one that tries my best to keep it looking the way it does.He just knows what I am like and I enjoy doing it for him,he does help out with the car at the shows and at home but he also understands that at times I just seem to take over and he can look a bit of a spare part.It was very nice talking with you on sunday,John

#39 ToM 2012

ToM 2012

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,066 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:09 PM

No pics of my 25? Very disapointed! It was the only one there I believe. I think I pretty much took a pic of everyones mini at the show and most of the mini's int he car park

did you get a picture of mine in the carpark? 

#40 944turbo

944turbo

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:27 PM

MiniCooper - the 3rd pic of Mini's in the trees make them look like they're wild haha.... just me? ..... i'll lay of the coffee..  :lol: 

944turbo - This is off topic, but your avatar - have you posted up a full size pic of that?  A Mini and a Lanc = awesome!

Hi Hrimfaxi I did post a picture up last year for the calendar that another of the members used to produce cannot remember what month but it did not get enough votes for it to win for the month I entered it for,maybe not the sort of picture people wanted to see in a mini themed calendar,but myself and my son were very proud to even be given permission to have the pictures taken with the Lancaster at the museum by the owner,two great British icons together.He it is again for you to view plus a couple more  that we took that day.

Attached Files

• Attached File  050.jpg   42.59K   30 downloads
  • Attached File  038.jpg   42.97K   18 downloads
  • Attached File  053.jpg   39.11K   20 downloads

Edited by 944turbo, 15 May 2013 - 10:04 PM.

#41 Andy_

Andy_

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:38 AM

Good photos guys :)

#42 WMU 211G

WMU 211G

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:52 AM

Sorry Steely - I'm afraid my camera batteries were on the verge of dying so I concentrated mainly on Mk1s, 2s and the three Mk3 S's, plus one or two choice examples out in the main car park! I still missed a few earlier cars as well :shy:

#43 Hrimfaxi

Hrimfaxi

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:44 AM

Hi Hrimfaxi I did post a picture up last year for the calendar that another of the members used to produce cannot remember what month but it did not get enough votes for it to win for the month I entered it for,maybe not the sort of picture people wanted to see in a mini themed calendar,but myself and my son were very proud to even be given permission to have the pictures taken with the Lancaster at the museum by the owner,two great British icons together.He it is again for you to view plus a couple more  that we took that day.

Well, i'd of voted!  :shades: 
Thanks for posting them up, that's brilliant.  

#44 Steely

Steely

• Members
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:19 PM

did you get a picture of mine in the carpark? 

Can't remember seeing it mate. What time did you arrive and leave? I dindn't go out to the car park until around 1 ish.

#45 Steely

Steely

• Members
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:22 PM

Sorry Steely - I'm afraid my camera batteries were on the verge of dying so I concentrated mainly on Mk1s, 2s and the three Mk3 S's, plus one or two choice examples out in the main car park! I still missed a few earlier cars as well :shy:

Ohh ok, I just hope now then that Mini Magazine or whatever has a pic of mine in there. I was there from 07:45 to about 14:00. Plenty of time for pics of mine to be taken lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users