#61 WMU 211G

WMU 211G

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:04 PM

DSCF1553_zps0411ad0c.jpg

Gorgeous car, love the wheels... what are they?

Mag Product, 'GT', 6x10 according to http://www.wheeldictionary.net/

Could spend all day looking at that site..! Some gorgeous alternatives to the D1s currently on my car - sometimes it's a little frustrating when you see s/hand period wheels for sale at shows and you've no idea what they are, what vintage they are, what size / offset they are or whether they'll actually fit on the car....

Edited by WMU 211G, 20 May 2013 - 04:02 PM.

#62 WMU 211G

WMU 211G

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:01 PM

Some more pics from last Sunday... ;D

DSCF1481_zps750c3089.jpg

DSCF1468_zpsc93967bd.jpg

DSCF1465_zps732f95b9.jpg

DSCF1442_zpsc1980dcf.jpg

DSCF1510_zps8754accd.jpg

DSCF1544_zps3e48c220.jpg

DSCF1446_zps4a6d2f84.jpg

DSCF1447_zpscf5c8bd4.jpg

DSCF1517a_zps5c219936.jpg

DSCF1595_zpsb21e8259.jpg

#63 will_

will_

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:29 PM

Can just see our jcw mini in the 2nd pic ;)

Edited by will_, 20 May 2013 - 06:30 PM.

#64 cradley-heathen

cradley-heathen

Metro-Man

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,481 posts
  • Local Club: spearmint rhino

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

4-3_zps2a9b14bc.jpg

thats my dads mini there, you need to see it from the side really though as its got some pretty unusual wheels on it that peeps always ask about, he will be chuffed to know someone took a pic of it.

I had a quick chat with him when I was taking this, he said about the wheels but I just thought they were normal reverse rims until he told me otherwise lol. I told him I would upload a pic onto TMF.

he told me he had a chat to someone from here about the car. the wheels do get a few looks, most people end up on their hands and knees looking at them when they try to figure out what they are all about.

#65 dave 21

dave 21

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:32 AM

Sorry if this is belongs to someone on here but this is............... GASH

401871_10151975270668228_1954032012_n.jp

I wouldn't apologise personally, worst thing I have ever seen I think.

I love how all the fastenings are visible!

there is nothing wrong with the fasteners being visible, group2s are like that, but these are meant to be blended into the bodywork!

i hate all these modern terms that kids use, but i think "FAIL" fits well here

thing is this is my car and I love how people rip in to it on there but no one came up to me at the show to take the piss there

everyone has there on style on there car and can make it how they like

I made the fittins show because to me I think it looks better and if anything happens to 1 of them its easy to repair

I chose the colour because to me it stands out

I will be at other shows so come up and talk to me about it and we can discuss there instead of bitchin on a key bored

#66 Ken

Ken

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:06 PM

there is nothing wrong with the fasteners being visible, group2s are like that, but these are meant to be blended into the bodywork!

thing is this is my car and I love how people rip in to it on there but no one came up to me at the show to take the piss there

I made the fittins show because to me I think it looks better and if anything happens to 1 of them its easy to repair

I will be at other shows so come up and talk to me about it and we can discuss there instead of bitchin on a key bored

I agree with the owner I went to himley mini show and spoke to him about his mini and discussed with him things I thought could be changed but as he explained to me this was the fist show to the car had come to and it was still an ongoing project and that he would take my suggestions on board when completing the car. If any of you had grown a set of balls and disused what you felt was wrong with the car to the owner at the show you would of realised that it is a vibe sound car and therefore must be different in the way it looks to stand out. I think you all need to grow a set of balls and stop bitchin about other peoples cars and try and be constructive.

#67 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,900 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:13 PM

Before this descends into a war of words be very careful what you say and write. Everybody is entitled to their opinions and this car may not be to their personal taste.

Each to their own whether you like it or not. And as i think now the OP is a member on here please be constructive in what you have to say.

#68 Steely

Steely

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:58 PM

4-3_zps2a9b14bc.jpg

thats my dads mini there, you need to see it from the side really though as its got some pretty unusual wheels on it that peeps always ask about, he will be chuffed to know someone took a pic of it.

I had a quick chat with him when I was taking this, he said about the wheels but I just thought they were normal reverse rims until he told me otherwise lol. I told him I would upload a pic onto TMF.

he told me he had a chat to someone from here about the car. the wheels do get a few looks, most people end up on their hands and knees looking at them when they try to figure out what they are all about.

I have another pic of this car now from Ragley Hall on Sunday :) 

#69 cradley-heathen

cradley-heathen

Metro-Man

• Traders
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:12 PM

post it up dude!

#70 Ken

Ken

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:13 PM

I agree with the owner I went to himley mini show and spoke to him about his mini and discussed with him things I thought could be changed but as he explained to me this was the fist show to the car had come to and it was still an ongoing project and that he would take my suggestions on board when completing the car. If any of you had grown a set of balls and disused what you felt was wrong with the car to the owner at the show you would of realised that it is a vibe sound car and therefore must be different in the way it looks to stand out. I think you all need to grow a set of balls and stop bitchin about other peoples cars and try and be constructive.

Edited by Ken, 28 May 2013 - 05:15 PM.

#71 dave 21

dave 21

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:16 PM

yes I remember speaking to you and you do have some great ideas I have taken on bored. only if people take a leaf out of your book a true mini owner who is happy to speak to you about ideas instead of makin little groups so bad mouth other peoples hard work and there pride and joy. I know people have there own style on cars and this is my style. people like them on here are the people who will reck the friendliness out of mini clubs and events. someone else's hard work they love to run down it would be different if it was me goin on about there car. if they hate it so much why take photos of it. talking to a mini club owner about all this and he recons its because I came up with something different that stands out. looking forward to seeing you at the next mini event and looking forward to these on here to talk about there ideas towards the car instead of waitin till they get home to run it down over a forum. I never normal come on these but im not been bad mouthed like I am on there. people calling me a ******* and a fail at least I can talk to people propley and like a true mini owner instead of these lot. like I said befor it was nice to been you and looking forward to seeing you again mate.

#72 cradley-heathen

cradley-heathen

Metro-Man

• Traders
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

Some more pics from last Sunday... ;D

DSCF1517a_zps5c219936.jpg

she could have put some trousers on!

#73 ToM 2012

ToM 2012

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,066 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:31 PM

wow! black crack snatcher to. 

#74 wardyxxx

wardyxxx

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Local Club: Leicester Mini Club

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:55 PM

yes I remember speaking to you and you do have some great ideas I have taken on bored. only if people take a leaf out of your book a true mini owner who is happy to speak to you about ideas instead of makin little groups so bad mouth other peoples hard work and there pride and joy. I know people have there own style on cars and this is my style. people like them on here are the people who will reck the friendliness out of mini clubs and events. someone else's hard work they love to run down it would be different if it was me goin on about there car. if they hate it so much why take photos of it. talking to a mini club owner about all this and he recons its because I came up with something different that stands out. looking forward to seeing you at the next mini event and looking forward to these on here to talk about there ideas towards the car instead of waitin till they get home to run it down over a forum. I never normal come on these but im not been bad mouthed like I am on there. people calling me a ******* and a fail at least I can talk to people propley and like a true mini owner instead of these lot. like I said befor it was nice to been you and looking forward to seeing you again mate.

I'm a huge fan of the colour! Do the fittings actually hold the kit on? I like the idea about easily interchangeable panels if so!

What you got planned next?

#75 solihullian

solihullian

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:42 PM

Right, here's a select few of my Photo's:

Starting off with mine!

1-4_zpsfc6dfb72.jpg

2-4_zps8c253c13.jpg

3-4_zpsa3e1a8c5.jpg

5-3_zps4c9b9ec7.jpg

4-3_zps2a9b14bc.jpg

8-3_zpse06d60e1.jpgi

6-4_zpsa06abcf2.jpg

7-3_zps0e023955.jpg

i like the orange clubman and the blue italian job, very good pics steely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users