#16 minivanman

minivanman

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts
  • Local Club: Backstreet Minis

Posted 26 May 2006 - 02:29 PM

eddie (a series supplies) does rear shelf speaker pods in fibreglass, meaning you dont have to chop your shelf, and they are angled at you more.

#17 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 03:17 PM

And if you look at the top of the For Sale page you'll see he's offering a discount for members as well.

#18 AlexM

AlexM

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts
  • Local Club: NMOC, ECMC

Posted 26 May 2006 - 04:11 PM

Some folks might tell you that 6x9's are never good idea no matter where you put them (usually muttering bla bla bla compromise bla bla overrated bla bla)

However i think that putting them under the rear seats is the best idea as you can always tak them out with easy, filling in holes is less easily done.

#19 minivanman

minivanman

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,454 posts
  • Local Club: Backstreet Minis

Posted 26 May 2006 - 04:22 PM

i'm with you there summergnu. i have two 6x9s in the shelf and a good headunit. i dont have an amp, simply because I dont care that much. if my mini was a concert hall then I may be bothered - but it has an engine (shock of the week!) which is going to drown out differences in quality IMHO. as long as I can listen to music fairly loud (so it drowns out the engine) i'm really not bothered.

#20 Maxmini

Maxmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 09:46 PM

I think I will go for the speakers mounted under the rear seat as I dont want to weaken the cars strength and if I dont like them I can take them out easy thks for all your help.

#21 Billy

Billy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 10:12 PM

I've been rear ended 3 times with no probs caused by my 6x9s Lol

#22 Bluemini

Bluemini

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • 4,436 posts
  • Local Club: Blacktop Bombers

Posted 28 May 2006 - 06:58 PM

DON'T FIT THEM IN THE REAR SHELF... that shelf is there for a reason, if it was designed for speakers that big then it would come with holes that big. It is a big part of the rear structure of the car and cutting holes in it will weaken the car, maybe you will be ok if you get rear ended, but they aren't the only impacts you can suffer, would you realy want to risk your life just for 2 poxy speakers?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users