4 replies to this topic

#1 TehMarchant

TehMarchant

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:14 PM

1978 saloon. Standard height and on cones. 10 inch wheels dunlop d1s with yoko A008 165/70/10

So, over Christmas I took of my arches and spacers and I have now noticed that she is sitting lower on the rear.

since removing the spacers I have noticed that she has been rubbing on the NS rear when turning to the right .

I have now looked to see if I could see the problem and it is rubbing on where the inner arch meets with the rear valance

I have now quickly done a quick tracking check with a length of string and a rule.  I have 6mm toe on the OS and 2mm toe on the NS.

would I be able to set the tracking to 5mm toe on both sides to rectify this or should they be set a 0toe.

Sorry about the rubbish picture

Thanks for any help.

Attached Files

#2 GreenMini17

GreenMini17

Formally known as Chris-G

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:28 PM

Do you have toe in or out? Looks like toe in. I would have said 5mm toe in each side is quite a lot but then minis do toe in on the rear as standard. Personally i would get it straight front to rear. If you adjust the rear only you could make it handle badly and or unsafely.

#3 hallett

hallett

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:39 PM

From what i recall reading on here there should be 2mm of toe in on the rear, however im only 90% sure on that

Daniel

#4 TehMarchant

TehMarchant

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:11 PM

Okay so It already has enough toe so this wont fix the problem, What else could be the problem? The rear sits kinda low as it is maybe the cones have gone, I will try and get some snaps tomorrow after college so you can let me know what you think.

#5 myredmini

myredmini

My Mummy Says It's OK

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts
  • Name: Dan
  • Local Club: BOG MOG

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:23 PM

Think the factory setting was 1/8" toe in

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: suspension

0 user(s) are reading this topic