22 replies to this topic

#16 alex-95

alex-95

I am THE CLAMP MAKER

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:43 PM

TMF+ is £5, you can get discount at minispares (7.5% off), adrian flux, minispeed, and a couple of other places. you can also post in the wanted and for sale section.

keep trying you're bound to get a bit cheaper quote, change stuff like milage, Mine cost more with a lower milage, and like above put your mum on tp it too.

#17 Thorpsta

Thorpsta

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Local Club: Kings Lynn Mini Owners Club

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:01 PM

Try Herts, they won't offer under 17 classic insurance on the website but try giving them a call, I'm insured with them at 17 on a 3 litre austin westminster at £1751

#18 Gazp

Gazp

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:37 AM

I just quoted my 1984, 1ltr Mayfair on confused- declared all mods, valued car at £6k, no named driver experience myself having held my license for a year (and not driven since passing) putting my mom with 16years experience on as a name driver- fully comp £545 with admiral! They gave me a classic car discount I just have to send them photos of the car! I will say though when I phoned to check it over the discount had not pulled through but she did add it back on!

One thing to watch with some companies through can parison sites is that the modifications do not pull through when you try to accept the quote over the phone one such company is brokerking so always call up to double check afterwards!

#19 Gazp

Gazp

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:38 AM

I just quoted my 1984, 1ltr Mayfair on confused- declared all mods, valued car at £6k, no named driver experience myself having held my license for a year (and not driven since passing) putting my mom with 16years experience on as a name driver- fully comp £545 with admiral! They gave me a classic car discount I just have to send them photos of the car! I will say though when I phoned to check it over the discount had not pulled through but she did add it back on!

One thing to watch with some companies through can parison sites is that the modifications do not pull through when you try to accept the quote over the phone one such company is brokerking so always call up to double check afterwards!

#20 Anthony30

Anthony30

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts
  • Local Club: N/A

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:00 AM

Try Aviva.co.uk.

#21 kezzkitkat

kezzkitkat

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:49 AM

How long ago did you pass your test ? If its just recently like a month ago then it will be extremely high but if you wait 5 or 6 month without doing anything then the price will drop
That what I did but im 19 now so waited a while from 17 but now it very reasonable price considering its my first year and with lots of modifications

#22 olosteve

olosteve

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Local Club: N.M.O.C.

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:11 PM

Adrian Flux did you a favour. They are the worst broker in the country. Try Carol Nash or the N.F.U. you may get a result. Good luck with it.

#23 Minto1

Minto1

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:39 AM

All I can suggest is add experienced drivers onto the policy, change where the car is "kept" to see which is the cheapest (it's completely stupid, sometimes "on the road" is cheaper than "in a locked garage"). Maybe see if adding alarms etc might affect it?

As for insurers, use the comparison sites, give Aviva a try (mates have gotten it cheap from them, but its always expensive for me so I assume they just hate me and/or my car) and Sainsburys is worth a shot too if you have a nectar card, as that gives you a large-ish discount (if they give you a quote, when I was messing about, it just said they couldn't give me a quote and I'd have to call them)

Good luck dude, I know getting insurance as a young driver is a massive pain in the arse and very unfair, but with any luck it'll only get cheaper as you slowly turn into an old man

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users