Photo

Adrian Flux..the Worst Broker In,"the World".

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#16 mini-geek

mini-geek

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:32 AM

http://www.peterjamesinsurance.co.uk

Just had a great quote of these

#17 samsfern

samsfern

Likes Rovers, loves Jeremy Kyle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,243 posts
  • Local Club: medway mini club/medwaymonkeys

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:58 AM

I was insured with them on my 07 fiesta last year, the renewal they wanted this year was about 75% more than last year, an I hadn't claimed or anything, so I left them and found a far cheaper quote with kwikfit insurance. I'm not overly fussy who I'm insured with, just as long as it's insured if I get pulled over.

#18 Tanya

Tanya

Snuggle-Buddy

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Local Club: Abingdon Mini Owners Club

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:15 PM

Another vote for Peter James.  I've been with them for about three years and have a fleet policy.  Adding cars is easy, adding a driver for a few days is also easy and relatively cheap, and generally I just find them easy to contact and deal with.

They also insured an event that I organised last year and were competitive, and again very easy to deal with.  

In July last year I had a significant rear end shunt and decided to put the claim through Peter James (rather than dealing directly with the third party's insurer) leaving them to reclaim from the third party's insurer.  I did this as firstly I've got to know Peter James himself, so thought if I have any problems then I know who to go to, and secondly because I've always had excellent service.  The claim was hassle free and Peter James were very helpful.  

While price is obviously important to me, I do also want a company that is easy and reasonable to deal with.  For me, Peter James ticks both boxes.  

#19 lawrie124

lawrie124

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,709 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:37 PM

... and have a fleet policy.  Adding cars is easy, adding a driver for a few days is also easy and relatively cheap, and generally I just find them easy to contact and deal with.

That is worth knowing; I have 2 minis insured, soon to be 3.

#20 RyanBebo

RyanBebo

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:08 PM

I've had no real issues as i haven't made a claim, but when i tried to change my vehicle the costs phenomenal!

#21 SecretSugar

SecretSugar

Sweet!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:21 PM

Thanks mini geek and Tanya. I will check them out shortly. 

#22 HarrysMini

HarrysMini

I do not have short legs!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:45 PM

They lost my paperwork a few times. Sent everything together in massive envelope, they rung and said they got half of it. When they asked where the rest was and I explained it was all together, the girl went "well maybe you forgot to put it in or it fell out" I had to send those particular items 3 times before they got it.

You're welcome to get in touch with us, we prefer modified minis, engine swaps etc

aaDriftworks-Img-Quotes4_zps38236cd9.jpg

Do you insure new drivers with modified Minis?

I know Ad Flux do, and so far they're one of the only companies that will without having to re-mortgage, that's why its likely I'll go with them, 

#23 Harrison541

Harrison541

A bowl of prawns, avocado and cress?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:53 AM

They lost my paperwork a few times. Sent everything together in massive envelope, they rung and said they got half of it. When they asked where the rest was and I explained it was all together, the girl went "well maybe you forgot to put it in or it fell out" I had to send those particular items 3 times before they got it.

You're welcome to get in touch with us, we prefer modified minis, engine swaps etc

aaDriftworks-Img-Quotes4_zps38236cd9.jpg

Do you insure new drivers with modified Minis?

I know Ad Flux do, and so far they're one of the only companies that will without having to re-mortgage, that's why its likely I'll go with them, 

I've just phoned them now but they wouldn't insure me because they need you to have your license for 2 years before insuring for a modified car.

Prestige insurance advertising on here quoted me over £2000 which is ridiculous, looks like its Adrian Flux again for me.

Edited by Harrison541, 23 January 2014 - 10:54 AM.

#24 .998TANGO.

.998TANGO.

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:20 AM

they've been brilliant for me. Beat everyone else's prices my a country mile with all mods declared, very helpful and just had a quote for a Micra conversion and the premium won't change.  :thumbsup:

#25 minimad82

minimad82

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:42 AM

fine with me, 8years ive been with them and every year they beat any renewal qutoe i get, £80 a year full comp get in

#26 reeddarby

reeddarby

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:57 PM

They quoted me £78 fully comp for the year, over half the price of Lancaster. I snapped they're hands off!

#27 Archived2

Archived2

One Carb Or Two?

• Archived
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:44 PM

With them for many years and happy until I needed them to back me after a claim. Terrible company.

Happy customers with AF are usually the ones who have not made claims with them. (Mine wasn't even an at fault claim)

Much better companies to try as above.

#28 miniyellowmini

miniyellowmini

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • Local Club: British Mini Club

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:22 PM

I've been with them the past 3 years just renewed for £82.50. Have always found them helpful when I've had to contact them and they have always been able to beat any other quote I've had elsewhere.

Don't know why but they are always way off with my daily driver, a BMW. Normally I pay around £200 from mainstream insurers (currently Hastings) but AF want £600 odd lol.

#29 olosteve

olosteve

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Local Club: N.M.O.C.

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:08 AM

Doing a quick read through on the posts so far it appears that Adrian Flux, are the,"Ryan Air" of insurance broker. All OK unless you have a problem. When you look at the amount of advertising and high pressure selling used something has to suffer and that relates to customer satisfaction. My own personal experince leads me to want to redress the balance by advising Mini people not to use them.

#30 surfblue

surfblue

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:59 AM

Have mine insured with Adrian Flux, £83 for the years classic policy. Not needed to claim.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users