#16 Jimmyarm

Jimmyarm

Entrepreneur of Adult Material

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,239 posts
  • Local Club: TMf

Posted 31 May 2006 - 04:47 PM

my car was running a 15.7 second 1/4 with a 0-60 of 7 seconds last year. that was with 120hp & 140lb/ft on a 3.44 diff....

i'd say you're looking at 16s 1/4 and mid 8's on the 0-60 personally with 100hp. (dependant on diff obviously)

Interesting :D Looks like i will need to up the power and lower the weight then :D

As its my first engine build might be worth keeping it simple and in line with what they do on the DVD to start with. Keep drooling over Avonbar forged pistons and those con rods that cost £900 though !

#17 blacktulip

blacktulip

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 05:07 PM

ive got that dvd, its good but i wish i had a nengine and space to work after watching it :'( i think you should work on what they do on the dvd as it is surprising on the outcome. good luck, make sure u let us know what it does after mate.

#18 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 31 May 2006 - 05:14 PM

my car was running a 15.7 second 1/4 with a 0-60 of 7 seconds last year. that was with 120hp & 140lb/ft on a 3.44 diff....

You turbo boys and you're high torque motors! Not fair! :'(

#19 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 10:27 PM

Do you know what the rough weight of your car is Bud666?

#20 Turbo Nick

Turbo Nick

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,913 posts
  • Local Club: Turbominis.co.uk

Posted 01 June 2006 - 12:22 AM

no idea to be honest dude. it'll be whatever a standard mini is but with a fibreglass front, and a fat :D in the drivers seat.

back seats are out but the fronts are big heavy recaro's. Haven't done any lightening or owt on this shell, except for rust holes...lol

You turbo boys and you're high torque motors! Not fair! :'(

lol :D

that figure was @ the flywheel though from the chaps rollers i used to tune it in brum.
i had a go on morspeeds rollers last month, it was running like poo but it made 108hp and 141lb/ft @ the wheels! peak torque was at 4k rpm aswell.....i'll never ever own a naturally aspirated mini again thats for sure :D

#21 Jimmyarm

Jimmyarm

Entrepreneur of Adult Material

• Members
  • 2,239 posts
  • Local Club: TMf

Posted 01 June 2006 - 08:11 AM

ive got that dvd, its good but i wish i had a nengine and space to work after watching it i think you should work on what they do on the dvd as it is surprising on the outcome. good luck, make sure u let us know what it does after mate.

Was going to keep a little diary on here so I can see the progress too :D

Went through all the bits of the engine I have, did quite well for my £60 I reckon, the gearbox (stilll all together) looks fine, no cracks and the gears look in good nick. Got a HIF44 which looks in good condition, the block looks good too, some minor surface rust on the outside but the bores are all perfect still and I cant see any cracks anywhere.

Hope the DVD turns up before the weekend :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users