65 replies to this topic

#31 matty1303

matty1303

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:25 PM

If it wasn't twisted I can hardly believe it is twisted now...

I couldn't believe it either but like I said I do trust him....May be I put my faith into the wrong person

#32 Carlos W

Carlos W

Mine is purple, but I have been told that's normal

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:28 PM

Is the car on its wheels?

I'd get it back, and with the help of members of the forum you can assess for yourself whether or not its straight!

No not at the moment, im going to get it back and would really appreciate the help. would it be better to have it on wheels.

Easier to move mate! 

There are some good threads about where to measure to on the shell once you get it back!

Ok thanks alot for your help its given me a glimmer of hope. When I get it back I will post some pictures up. I'll also have a search through here to see what I can do

http://www.theminifo...ell-squareness/

#33 matty1303

matty1303

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:29 PM

Is the car on its wheels?

I'd get it back, and with the help of members of the forum you can assess for yourself whether or not its straight!

No not at the moment, im going to get it back and would really appreciate the help. would it be better to have it on wheels.

Easier to move mate! 

There are some good threads about where to measure to on the shell once you get it back!
Ok thanks alot for your help its given me a glimmer of hope. When I get it back I will post some pictures up. I'll also have a search through here to see what I can do
http://www.theminifo...ell-squareness/

Thank you

#34 corrado vr6

corrado vr6

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:36 PM

Well keep us all posted as i would at least like to know how this goes and to help where I can!

Where abouts are you based? Not after an exact location but maybe a forum member and yourself could take a look?

Ask your mate why he thinks its twisted an report back that would be my first move

Edited by corrado vr6, 20 February 2014 - 10:37 PM.

#35 matty1303

matty1303

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:42 PM

Well keep us all posted as i would at least like to know how this goes and to help where I can!
Where abouts are you based? Not after an exact location but maybe a forum member and yourself could take a look?
Ask your mate why he thinks its twisted an report back that would be my first move

Will do. I live in Dereham, norfolk. Yea when he rings I'll ask him. I'll get it back and take lots of pictures and let you know what I find.

Thank you for your help it is very much appreciated

#36 Carlos W

Carlos W

• TMF+ Member
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:44 PM

Will do. I live in Dereham, norfolk. Yea when he rings I'll ask him. I'll get it back and take lots of pictures and let you know what I find.

Thank you for your help it is very much appreciated

That's what the forum is here for mate!

Really hoping this can be sorted!

#37 matty1303

matty1303

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:06 PM

Small update I have spoken to my mate and he should be dropping the mini back on sunday. When it comes back I will get the subframes and wheels on and have a good check round and take it from there. I also have made my mind up on what to do, im am not going to give up on the car but put in on the back burner a bit and work on it slowly. So I am going to buy another mini for a daily driver, if anyone knows of any going it would be a great help my budget is £2500-£3000 and will need MOT and Tax.

Thanks a bunch for everyones help

Matt

#38 corrado vr6

corrado vr6

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:48 PM

So why did your mate think or knows its twisted??

#39 matty1303

matty1303

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:10 PM

I don't know he was so busy I hardly was able to ask him to bring it back let alone ask him to explain everything else. I will get it home and check myself he might well be telling me porkys.

#40 Carlos W

Carlos W

• TMF+ Member
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:58 PM

Does he want the work?

#41 matty1303

matty1303

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:05 PM

Well i'm getting the feeling he doesnt, I will soon know when I check it.

#42 RedRuby

RedRuby

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Local Club: No

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:09 PM

Matty,

Is this of any interest, it's down your neck of the woods on e-bay item number 251452990988, Tahiti blue Mini Cooper 1275.

#43 matty1303

matty1303

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:12 PM

Matty,

Is this of any interest, it's down your neck of the woods on e-bay item number 251452990988, Tahiti blue Mini Cooper 1275.

yea I have seen that I am currently watching and making up my mind does look a very nice example. Thanks for letting me know

#44 matty1303

matty1303

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:31 AM

Hi everyone, bit of bad news im afraid, after giving it alot of thought and going over different ideas (trust me there was alot my girlfriend was glad I went to work this morning so she doesn't have to here about it) ive decided to sell up. I do feel a bit of a coward but I have to consetrate on other comitments and money is the main problem. My mate helped me make the decision by not phoning me yesterday to drop the shell of and I just thought bugger it im tired now. So I will be making a for sale thread soon I was thinking £2500 ono for the whole lot minus the engine. I feel thats fair what do people think?

#45 Carlos W

Carlos W

• TMF+ Member
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:45 AM

I think that's an awful lot of money and to be brutally honest, I'll be amazed if it sells!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users