#17 THE ANORAK

THE ANORAK

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,946 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 06:54 PM

we are all one big mini family :w00t:

well said, at the end of the day if one of us had broken down at the side of the road, the rest of us would stop to help (but not all at once).

and seemax mate, Andy does NOT work for Eddie stobart and it WAS definitely him, because i just asked him.
lets hope i don't have to rely on you in an identity parade :w00t:

#18 seemax

seemax

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Local Club: MINIHOLICS

Posted 05 June 2006 - 07:09 PM

Sorry and you are ???? :w00t:

#19 v8mini

v8mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  • Local Club: Minis on the run

Posted 05 June 2006 - 08:48 PM

I will always wave/ flash minis, never bother with Bini's, you can always tell as you approach them they are ashamed, as most of the time they always seem to look away and avoid eye contact.

I recently exchanged waves and thumbs up with a Hillman Imp the other day, imp was first and I responded, just mutual respect for another classic car owner

#20 minivanman

minivanman

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,454 posts
  • Local Club: Backstreet Minis

Posted 05 June 2006 - 09:17 PM

this may be controversial and it isn't aimed at anybody, but i was just having a bit of a think. (dont worry, i was sitting down) new mini owners who go to shows - maybe we shouldn't give them such a hard time. *ducks for cover* they are the ones who actually appreciate what they have - ok so it may not have the classic coolness and epic brilliance of a true mini - but at least they are there, taking a bit of pride in their cars. and when you think how many BINIs there are out there, the number that attend shows is a minute fraction. and on dressing up club stands, i'm not keen at all on it. when i first saw it in a magazine, being new to the scene i thought what the hell? i go to took at cars, not dressed up cars (no disrespect to those who make the effort to do it) *sits down and takes deep breath*

#21 seemax

seemax

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Local Club: MINIHOLICS

Posted 05 June 2006 - 09:44 PM

A couple of months back, me and the rest of the gang ( using proper english, like ! ) had a day out in our Mini's around the northants area.
A Bini wearing similar colours to my very own classic decided he'd flash at us lot heading in the opposite direction ???

:w00t: Was the kind of look we gave him

#22 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 05 June 2006 - 10:09 PM

this may be controversial and it isn't aimed at anybody, but i was just having a bit of a think. (dont worry, i was sitting down) new mini owners who go to shows - maybe we shouldn't give them such a hard time.

time to stop thinking i think :w00t:

#23 Teapot

Teapot

TMF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,010 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 08:50 AM

I recently exchanged waves and thumbs up with a Hillman Imp the other day, imp was first and I responded, just mutual respect

Yep, also Spitfires, frogeye Sprites, MG Midgets, Austin 7s, Morry Minors etc etc etc. Sometimes they look a bit puzzled but I say go for it.

new mini owners who go to shows - maybe we shouldn't give them such a hard time.

It's ok, I don't give them any time at all. I just wish they hadn't been right in the middle of the field at Bristol -- we had to keep walking round them to get to the real thing.

#24 Natalie

Natalie

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 09:04 AM

I had it last night, I passed a really tidy looking mini obviously had a lot of hard work put into so I beeped and waved, just gave me a rather odd look in return :'(

#25 gsms

gsms

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 09:40 AM

I wave to loads of cars if I like them, or if I like the lady driving it... but 9/10 they wave back. Maybe this guy had just eaten a bad prawn sandwich?

#26 BerkshireMini

BerkshireMini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 09:53 AM

I always tend to flash and beep and thumbs up to other people and they do it back.

Theres quite alot where I'm from so it's all good.

#27 beemerduck

beemerduck

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 06:31 PM

a mini is a mini simple as that, not everyone can afford to make their baby into a supercar... everyone deserves a wave for keeping the name going !!

#28 mich

mich

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 08:15 PM

i was driving my mini earlier on today and as i was approaching a "mini" roundabout ('scuse the pun :w00t: ), a little silver mini passed ascross (from right to left). i was turning left anyway so i came out behind him and proceeded to drive along the road for about a mile. i got a good look at his car, a silver mini on a '72 J plate. he had some phat monte carlo arches, 13x7 minilites, rear louvre, it was even badged as an Austin Seven (although it had MK4 lights!) i mean this car was mint! it seemed heavily modified and i swear i seen a diff at the rear! anyways, everyone we drove past smiled seeing this nice silver mini and my little '84 primrose yellow mayfair. he must have seen me in his rear mirror as i was behind for a good distance. So we get to another roundabout and he is going left and i'm going straight on. as he pulls into his lane i draw up alongside to smile and wave and give the good old "nice car mate" gesture. he takes one glance to the right, makes a "look at that piece of cr*p face" and turns left. i was horrified! every mini owner i've met has smiled, flashed lights, given a toot, i even got talking to the owner of a tahiti blue cooper in a KFC car park for about 20 mins one day! but i've never had a reaction like that! i wished at that point that i had a button to press that sounded off an obscenity of some sort for his bare-faced rudeness!!!

anyway, point-less rant over, just had to get it out; but i was wondering has anyone else met someone like this man that seems to be mini mad, but cleary not in the spirit of things?? i mean i even had a non-mini-classic car driver wave at me today and i waved back, but to not have a fellow mini lover and driver even acknowledge my existence sickens me to the teeth! >:(

>:w00t: that so sucks - every mini I pass while driving my zeb will always get a wave and a big smile. I adore mini's and think that the person driving another will feel the same as me! Occassionally though I might pass too fast or they/me not notice so you just miss each other... or like the other member says just don't know to say hi - but me personally, I just want to acknowledge another mini driver feels like I do. I hate it when i'm in a non mini car as a passenger and I see one - I just want to say helllllooooo - :w00t:
sorry for this extra long post but as you can probably tell, i was and am annoyed!!!

#29 Mini Tom

Mini Tom

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 08:41 PM

this guy was clearly a fool. you should ahve given him a wave of the middle finger back. I got flashed by a TVR Sagaris today which i thought was cool because it shows how even people with that amount of money can still appreciate our cars.

#30 Dog

Dog

Deathwish Fairy

• Banned from Buying/Selling
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,550 posts
  • Local Club: Shatrats.com

Posted 06 June 2006 - 09:51 PM

After not drving a Mini on the road for about 2 years, I forgot what it was like seeing another mini go pass......

I think I kinda got the bug back....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users