#31 Wigeon Incognito

Wigeon Incognito

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Club

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:29 PM

Another bump on this - I'm still hunting. The earlier the car the better really so Mk1 and Mk2 cars would be great at the right price.

Matt.

#32 Mini Man Dan

Mini Man Dan

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:13 PM

Another bump on this - I'm still hunting. The earlier the car the better really so Mk1 and Mk2 cars would be great at the right price.

Matt.

My '81 998 HL is for sale if you are interested? Passed its Mot on Wednesday. I'm off back home this weekend if you would like some pictures?

#33 Wigeon Incognito

Wigeon Incognito

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:44 PM

Matt.

My '81 998 HL is for sale if you are interested? Passed its Mot on Wednesday. I'm off back home this weekend if you would like some pictures?

That's strange I'm viewing an '81 HL tomorrow! If it's no good I'll PM you to get some more info on yours.

Thanks,

Matt.

#34 Wigeon Incognito

Wigeon Incognito

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 05:01 PM

Matt.

That's strange I'm viewing an '81 HL tomorrow! If it's no good I'll PM you to get some more info on yours.

Thanks,

Matt.

Hi Dan,

Sent you a PM after yet another misdescribed car - rusty sills that need replacing and a poor respray do not constitute 'rust free and all original' in my books.

Matt.

#35 Wigeon Incognito

Wigeon Incognito

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:31 AM

Still hunting - Dan's car looked lovely in the pictures but it's not close to being factory standard. If anybody else is looking for a solid 1000 it might be worth sending him a PM though.

Matt.

#36 tedmcedd

tedmcedd

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:13 AM

I have a city for sale shortly.

Completely mint, needs nothing.

My wife has been using it regularly for 6 months with no problems.

Dark blue, silver roof, 12" innocenti steels, HL cheque interior, tuned 998.

Ed

#37 mk3 Cooper S

mk3 Cooper S

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:58 PM

Get yourself up to the midlands and take a look at mine

#38 minimaxie

minimaxie

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:47 PM

Still hunting - Dan's car looked lovely in the pictures but it's not close to being factory standard. If anybody else is looking for a solid 1000 it might be worth sending him a PM though.

Matt.

Matt, my neighbour opposite me often does up early mk4/late mk3 Minis and sells them onto a contact in Mexico. Always completly standard, infact I can PM you pics of his last one he sold if you like. Does a top job on them, can always let him know you're on the lookout for one if you like? Have you seen that mint Sandglow Biege one just past Upminster?? Think I've told you about it before at the clubhouse, it's been on the drive for absolute years and hasnt moved. You should see if you could make the owner an offer, it's all complete standard too

#39 Wigeon Incognito

Wigeon Incognito

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:23 PM

Ed - what year is it? I'm looking for a standard car really but if you have a picture handy it'd be great to see what yours is like.

Ian - it really is only the dents putting me off.

Max - I don't know about the Upminster car, if you could let me know the details that'd be great. And likewise if you can put me in touch with your neighbour if he has something nice that'd be fantastic cheers. If you've got pics it'd be great to see them on here or FB.

Counting up I think I've looked at nine cars now!

Matt.

Edited by Wigeon Incognito, 10 April 2014 - 08:25 PM.

#40 mk3 Cooper S

mk3 Cooper S

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:16 PM

I can get it sorted for you for the asking price if you want. I just wanted people to see an unpainted original car

#41 minimaxie

minimaxie

• Members
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:36 PM

Max - I don't know about the Upminster car, if you could let me know the details that'd be great. And likewise if you can put me in touch with your neighbour if he has something nice that'd be fantastic cheers. If you've got pics it'd be great to see them on here or FB.

Matt.

Sorry Matt, only just seen this mate. The Upminster car I don't know any details other than it has sat there years, I think I remember Dan Maskell saying something like he made the bloke who owns it an offer, so I'll ask him about it when I see Dan next. Will do pal, he's usually in so when I see him out on the drive I'll have a quick word with him n see what he says.

Here's pics of the last Mk3 (I think it's a Mk3) he done, far as I know it went to Mexico in the end. Shame really as it really was a time warp when it left Steves (my neighbour) hands!

FILE107.jpg

FILE106.jpg

FILE105.jpg

FILE104.jpg

FILE103.jpg

FILE101.jpg

Said to me it only needed a new front wing and new drum shoes!

#42 Wigeon Incognito

Wigeon Incognito

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:28 AM

Max - that is EXACTLY the kind of thing I'm looking for, in mint condition with no work outstanding. Thanks for putting a word in for me.

Ian - I'm abroad this weekend but might give you another shout once I'm back.

Matt.

#43 minimaxie

minimaxie

• Members
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:18 AM

Max - that is EXACTLY the kind of thing I'm looking for, in mint condition with no work outstanding. Thanks for putting a word in for me.

Ian - I'm abroad this weekend but might give you another shout once I'm back.

Matt.

No problem dude, next time I see him I'll pass on the info :) 

#44 Wigeon Incognito

Wigeon Incognito

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:41 AM

I'm in Lancashire this weekend - anybody in the area got a car that fits the bill they want to sell?

Matt.

#45 Wigeon Incognito

Wigeon Incognito

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:15 PM

Still hunting - I'm amazed this is so difficult!

Matt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users