#16 taffy1967

taffy1967

Whovian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,896 posts
  • Local Club: South Wales Minis

Posted 07 June 2006 - 01:38 PM

Well knowing BMW, unless girls have BMW stamped all over them, they'll be outlawed in the world I should think! >:P

#17 pikey7

pikey7

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 01:42 PM

If the look of their latest cars are anything to go by, I dread to think which girls will be approved! :P

#18 RammsteinMini

RammsteinMini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Local Club: The Mini Clan

Posted 07 June 2006 - 01:47 PM

i always thought that a company were not allowed to copyright a word, if you know what i mean. thats why the new discs that are going to replace DVD are called Blu-ray and not Blue -ray.

so surely BMW can't copyright the word mini as its used everyday, next it'll be BMW mini skirts and cadbury's BMW mini eggs, its total nonsense!

#19 Pie

Pie

Crazy About Mini's

• Banned
  • 7,695 posts
  • Local Club: GoGoAuto

Posted 07 June 2006 - 01:48 PM

the only bmw that looks half decent at the mo is the new M3 in turquoise!! mmmm theres one down the road is soooo nice.

not as nice as a "Austion/morris/rover miniture" tho :P

#20 pikey7

pikey7

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 01:49 PM

i always thought that a company were not allowed to copyright a word, if you know what i mean. thats why the new discs that are going to replace DVD are called Blu-ray and not Blue -ray.

so surely BMW can't copyright the word mini as its used everyday, next it'll be BMW mini skirts and cadbury's BMW mini eggs, its total nonsense!

They don't have a trademark on the word, they have a trademark on the word when applied to a product.

#21 DenZal

DenZal

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 02:01 PM

but surely its only THERE product which it should be used against...which wouldnt affect us lot anyways because we call it a bini and the real mini which isnt theres at all is a mini...and its the real mini were referring to not there gobshite

#22 pikey7

pikey7

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 02:06 PM

since they own the trademark, and the classic mini is no longer in production, I assume that they own the name when applied to both Mini and Bini. I suppose that goes back to the point that was made about who owns the Mini. BMH or BMW?

#23 Jimmyarm

Jimmyarm

Entrepreneur of Adult Material

• Members
  • 2,239 posts
  • Local Club: TMf

Posted 07 June 2006 - 02:11 PM

http://webdb1.patent...ohimnum=E143909

:P

#24 Pie

Pie

Crazy About Mini's

• Banned
  • 7,695 posts
  • Local Club: GoGoAuto

Posted 07 June 2006 - 02:12 PM

But how can they use it as a trademark for ALL minis? as some are morris, others rover, austin etc, surely if it went to court then that point would win it! It can only be BMW's mini, rather than the others i have named!

Surley the trademark would only cover their mini due to it not being the ORIGINAL its a "redevelopment"? is that the right word?

#25 pikey7

pikey7

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 02:14 PM

http://webdb1.patent...ohimnum=E143909

:P

I guess that sorts that out then!

Interesting to see it was only registered in 1971 though.

#26 Jimmyarm

Jimmyarm

• Members
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 02:16 PM

java script:prop('2050194')

Click on the historical details button at the bottom and you can see where the Trademark was transferred from Rover to BMW.

The first link shows that basically nobody stands a chance against BMW if tehy are using the MINI name. I am quite suprised they backed off Minispares.

#27 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 02:22 PM

Nice to see online forums not in those Class sections!

So they can't touch us, no matter what we say about the money grabbing, w*nky car making, wouldn't know mini if they looked down at their own genitals, community bashing, name robbing, bonfire under the bonnet, trade off a classic, couldn't create character if they dug up Shakespeare, Hun turd manufacturer. :P :P :) :P

#28 pikey7

pikey7

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 02:22 PM

I thnk the list of items covered in This one pretty much says it all. You want to make something, you come show us the colour of your cash! :P

#29 Jimmyarm

Jimmyarm

• Members
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 02:37 PM

But how can they use it as a trademark for ALL minis? as some are morris, others rover, austin etc, surely if it went to court then that point would win it! It can only be BMW's mini, rather than the others i have named

The trademark is passed ont (purchased) to the new company, if you search around on there you can see the history and who it has passed from and to.

The problem with that is that BMW now own the trademark to the Original Mini.

#30 Jake Blues

Jake Blues

TMF Moderator

• Members
  • 2,955 posts
  • Local Club: Central Minis

Posted 07 June 2006 - 04:23 PM

But that patent is for MINI...... we are talking about Mini..............

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users