215 replies to this topic

#181 bar8s

bar8s

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 12:40 PM

mattl - I fond these switch guards the other day while looking at cooling fans .....

http://www.cbsonline...uard-3583-p.asp

#182 Mattl

Mattl

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:00 PM

mattl - I fond these switch guards the other day while looking at cooling fans .....

http://www.cbsonline...uard-3583-p.asp

Brill thanks!

#183 RUA

RUA

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 01:15 AM

what boothinges sistem???

Edited by RUA, 05 November 2009 - 02:17 AM.

#184 R1mini

R1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 03:41 PM

Pete,
I remember you saying somewhere the mini was so low you had to move the rear lights up, I'm not planning a IVA unless I'm forced into it but I would like to build the mini in a manor which could potentially pass an IVA. Can you remember what height the rear lights have to be?

Cheers
David

#185 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 07:45 PM

Indicators and rear lights must be minimum 350mm to bottom edge of visible light and rear fog light must be minimum 250mm to bottom edge and maximum 1000mm to top edge.
If your using a steel shell shouldn't be too much of a problem. Think our issue was because it's a minus.

Had the photoshoot for miniworld a couple of weeks age and had it 99% confirmed it will be on the cover of the issue that comes out in December. Andy also got a private plate for his birthday which I think just finish's the car quite nicely. Will post a pic of the car with it on next week when I pop over to Andy's to adjust the clutch.

Pete

#186 R1mini

R1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 10:25 PM

Indicators and rear lights must be minimum 350mm to bottom edge of visible light and rear fog light must be minimum 250mm to bottom edge and maximum 1000mm to top edge.
If your using a steel shell shouldn't be too much of a problem. Think our issue was because it's a minus.

Pete

I've just had a measure, even my standard mini isn't 350mm its close though about 335mm, my other mini has a flat floor therefore it's about 4 inches lower than a normal early mini so the rear lights are only 250mm above the ground, hmm time for a rethink maybe, I could lift them but a 100 mm would look odd, maybe lift them 60 or 70mm and get the rest on the suspension

Cheers
David

#187 RUA

RUA

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:14 PM

WHERE TO BUY DASHBOARD???

#188 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 08:02 PM

This came from z-cars but don't know if they are still doing them. Try contacting the stig. He may be able to help.

Pete

#189 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 07:44 PM

Andy's birthday present from his misses.

Posted Image

#190 THE STIG

THE STIG

Da stig says, GO GO GO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,506 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:44 PM

thats just showing off

#191 JR.

JR.

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 08:13 PM

Pete,
congratulations on getting the Mini into current issue of "MiniWorld"

Posted Image

Edited by JR., 01 January 2010 - 08:18 PM.

#192 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:00 PM

The result of a Merc Sprinter decideing to put it in reverse at a set of lights instead of forwards.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Needs new grille and headlights and has cracked the wings in the bonnet shuts causing the paint to crack across the top of the wings. Hasn't touched the bonnet thankfully. The bloke didn't want to go through his insurance as he would loose his job so Andy did a deal for cash which suits him as he wants to paint it himself. Just means it may look a bit tatty at some of the shows this year as he wants to wait till winter to take it off the road and repair it properly. He's getting too much fun out of it during the nice weather.

#193 miniQ

miniQ

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:41 PM

Nooooooo! - How is it then having fun driving round and are you planning anything for it?

#194 Teapot

Teapot

TMF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,010 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:17 AM

Bummer. Jeez I hate it when those white lights come on at the back of the vee-hickle in front. Happens a lot in the US with autos. Bad luck & glad the mini is still going to be driveable.

#195 brum,brum,mike

brum,brum,mike

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:43 PM

what stack dials/clocks do you have on this car? can't quite tell from the piccys. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users