#16 Badboytunes

Badboytunes

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts
  • Local Club: MINIS Unleashed

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:27 AM

Why some people feel like bashing a positive thread............

Failr play to Minispares for sorting the issue swiftly.

#17 Captain Mainwaring

Captain Mainwaring

• Banned
  • 1,712 posts
  • Local Club: Surabaya Mini Club

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:33 AM

It's not bashing just being realistic - some may say that that the thread is "praise of mediocrity" - the part shouldn't have been in the supply chain at all, and since we're on a run, this is hardly the first time.

In my line of work, if we mess up or process instruments don't work, then people can die, this is 2014, do you mean to tell me the same people who so ingeniously copy OEM spares don't make a simple tester to check them out before they send 'em to blighty? I know the answer, they don't - but I bet unipart did.

I don't write a thread thanking Tesco's for changing my dodgy lasagna, It's their duty and I expect them to do it - i'm certainly not going to praise them.

#18 [email protected]

[email protected]

Minispares

• Minispares
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,202 posts
  • Name: Simon Jackson

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:48 AM

It's not bashing just being realistic - some may say that that the thread is "praise of mediocrity" - the part shouldn't have been in the supply chain at all, and since we're on a run, this is hardly the first time.

In my line of work, if we mess up or process instruments don't work, then people can die, this is 2014, do you mean to tell me the same people who so ingeniously copy OEM spares don't make a simple tester to check them out before they send 'em to blighty? I know the answer, they don't - but I bet unipart did.

I don't write a thread thanking Tesco's for changing my dodgy lasagna, It's their duty and I expect them to do it - i'm certainly not going to praise them.

The part concerned are not a copy made by an OEM supplier, it is one of the original suppliers. Made in Blighty. An awful lot of assumptions made!

#19 Badboytunes

Badboytunes

• Members
  • 1,615 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:43 AM

do you mean to tell me the same people who so ingeniously copy OEM spares don't make a simple tester to check them out before they send 'em to blighty? .

to be honest, im not interested in any aspect of that. I simply implied that this thread need not have a black cloud cast over it. The OP had an issue, the supplier sorted swiftly ( it would appear ) and the OP wanted to give a little praise. Nothing wrong in that.

its all to easy to fling mud around,......

Simples

#20 Italianjob

Italianjob

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Local Club: Not a member yet.

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:14 AM

Surely its a good thing to get peoples ups and downs? helps with improving service??

#21 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,129 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:56 AM

I don't get why people feel the need to try and bash mini spares all the time, is there some hidden agenda here, do some people have shares in mini sport or something?

Out of all the parts suppliers they're one of the most rated, I'd also guess they supply a lot of the parts to the smaller ones that people rate so much as well.

The mini scene is lucky to have the parts back up we have, we can get pretty much anything we want and its just a phone call away.  I find it incredible that people will try and slate them because they replaced a faulty part with no fuss, argument or even try and blame the purchaser for fitting it wrongly .  If every company had a returns procedure like this life would be a lot easier.

Yes in an ideal world the part wouldn't have failed, but parts do fail(even in the good old days).   All manufacturing processes generate variation and testing every single part isn't going to be cost effective(plus if you've ever worked in a QC environment you'll know that 100% inspection is proven not to work)

#22 Captain Mainwaring

Captain Mainwaring

• Banned
  • 1,712 posts
  • Local Club: Surabaya Mini Club

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:39 AM

I don't get why people feel the need to try and bash mini spares all the time, is there some hidden agenda here, do some people have shares in mini sport or something?

Out of all the parts suppliers they're one of the most rated, I'd also guess they supply a lot of the parts to the smaller ones that people rate so much as well.

The mini scene is lucky to have the parts back up we have, we can get pretty much anything we want and its just a phone call away.  I find it incredible that people will try and slate them because they replaced a faulty part with no fuss, argument or even try and blame the purchaser for fitting it wrongly .  If every company had a returns procedure like this life would be a lot easier.

Yes in an ideal world the part wouldn't have failed, but parts do fail(even in the good old days).   All manufacturing processes generate variation and testing every single part isn't going to be cost effective(plus if you've ever worked in a QC environment you'll know that 100% inspection is proven not to work)

It's not supplier bashing, no more than the OP isn't blowing the supplier's trumpet.

It just strikes me as a paradox. My steak pie is mouldy, Tesco's give me a new one - boosh boosh, end of story - it's what they should do isn't it?

As you find it incredible that they are being slated (they are not), I find it incredible that they are being praised - we'll have to agree to disagree on that.

I'm confused too - I'm not bashing them, but it's about supplier and demand and bottom line profit, no luck at all in having a supplier available.

You mention 100% inspection being proven not work - what inspection is there? Being frank the company I contract for buys for the far east (leave it at that) and we send out tonnes of uninspected equipment and bodge it up on site - that's being honest about it.

#23 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • 13,129 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:45 AM

My point is that they could inspect every single thing they send out and still failures would happen.  If you've ever had a faulty/wrong product from another supplier you'd appreciate what they do.

#24 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:24 PM

I think the point is that the OP just wanted to say thanks for sorting the problem quickly.

I've had a dodgy balljoint from Minispares once. I sent them the photo showing the fault,, they sent me a new one that instant. I got it at 9am the next morning. It was a Unipart joint that had a fault in it. I deemed that to be good service.

Recently, I ordered an oil filter, air filter, manifold gasket and plugs from a big online supplier that loads of people use. The manifold gasket was wrong, as was the air filter. They said they'd replace them if I sent the incorrect ones back. I deemed that to be bad service.

I didn't send them back. They're still in my garage in their box. I wanted to service the car that day so ended up at a local motor factor instead. Lesson learned; I'm happy to deal with Minispares. I'm not happy to deal with the other supplier who handled a similar issue in a completely different manner. I won't name and shame the other supplier, I'm more inclined to promote Mini Spares than I am to slate the other guys.

I have also had great dealings with Minispeed and Mini Sport too. All three have helped me no end over the years. We're lucky to have these suplliers IMO. :D

#25 mk3 Cooper S

mk3 Cooper S

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:27 PM

I think it may be down to the fact that Minispares sponsor the Forum and everytime there is a good or bad word spoken about them then all the TMF staff endourse or defend them regardless may have something to do with it.

This thread is a prime example, someone stated that they had the quality of service anyone would expect and the wave of prase from  what is meant to be non biast TMF staff.

It is not necessarily any thing to do with MINISPARES but the reaction of the Forum staff that winds people up.IMO

I have had an issue with Minispares in the past but I would not be so obscene as to air it in public..

#26 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:44 PM

I just typed a massive response...but thought better of it.

Well done, good contribution to the 'them and us' spirit. Thanks for your ongoing support!

We're not 'staff'. We're not paid. We're TMF users like you are! We're allowed an opinion. This repeated claim that we should be unbiased and somehow have no opinion....just wow!

All we said was that we agreed with the original post and it was good service. I even went on to say I'd had similar from Minispeed and Mini Sport. But I guess that's biased too?

#27 Mini ManannĂ¡n

Mini ManannĂ¡n

Well I'll be buggered if I can find it

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • Local Club: man Estate

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:59 PM

Do I get slagged off if I agree that Mini spares do a good job?  The best I've come across in this field.

#28 Badboytunes

Badboytunes

• Members
  • 1,615 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:56 AM

This thread is a prime example, someone stated that they had the quality of service anyone would expect and the wave of prase from  what is meant to be non biast TMF staff.

Not everyone who praised Minispares is on the TMF admin team.

It must be disheartening to Minispares to see a simple "thanks " thread get turned into yet another thread slating them, for what appears to be 100% customer service.

#29 Mat

Mat

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:30 AM

I was told once that it is how a company deals with a problem that is important, rather than doing what is designed for, ie. delivering parts. Anyone can do that, it's how they react to a complaint that matters more in my opinion. The thread is titled 'Minispares- fantastic organisation', not 'Minispares- fantastic organisation, discuss.'

Edited by Mat, 12 June 2014 - 11:47 AM.

#30 Marky Tizz

Marky Tizz

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,434 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:17 PM

I'm a big fan of minispares and I'm not "staff". Appreciate sometimes issues do happen, and people don't always have a stellar experience, but I've never had an issue and would happily recommend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users