Photo

Your On Line Guide To Everything Classic Mini ?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#16 HarrysMini

HarrysMini

I do not have short legs!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:41 PM

To be honest i think it would be just as easy to add a BINI section on here and be done with it that way all the BINI questions can be placed in one area to avoid confusion,also could bring more tmf members,just a thought....

It has already been decided that that isn't happening, I seem to remember because we don't want this to turn into a MINI forum.

#17 JacckKirk

JacckKirk

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:41 PM

It would make it so this forum dominates all areas of new/classic minis

#18 Carlos W

Carlos W

Mine is purple, but I have been told that's normal

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:42 PM

If a Bini owner doesn't notice the pictures of classic minis at the top, and use the search function before asking a question we can put whatever we want at the top, it'll make no difference.

There are forums out there for the Bini, why do we need to add a section to this one? Are the Bini forums adding classic mini sections, and if so would we join those forums?

#19 HarrysMini

HarrysMini

I do not have short legs!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:45 PM

If a Bini owner doesn't notice the pictures of classic minis at the top, and use the search function before asking a question we can put whatever we want at the top, it'll make no difference.

There are forums out there for the Bini, why do we need to add a section to this one? Are the Bini forums adding classic mini sections, and if so would we join those forums?

TotalMINI does actually have a Classic Mini section  :P

I think that's the only one though.

#20 creakyjaws5533

creakyjaws5533

My jaw needs oiling. Where's the WD40??

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:46 PM

If they can't seen the two classic mini pictures at the top and all the posts relating to classic minis then they are beyond help no matter what you put at the top. The problem is the more BINI questions that are asked the more it is highlighted on google searches for these problems which leads them here.

#21 JacckKirk

JacckKirk

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:47 PM

MINI owners obviously come on here rather than the others (probably because 1st on search )
And itd let the people who have both show off their MINIs in a section away from minis
Just my opinion

#22 Badboytunes

Badboytunes

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts
  • Local Club: MINIS Unleashed

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:48 PM

TotalMINI does actually have a Classic Mini section  :P

I think that's the only one though.

My forum has a Classic section too ;D

#23 JacckKirk

JacckKirk

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:51 PM

If we truly are "MINI" tolerant than their should be a section for them otherwise we can just stop kidding ourselves and say classic mini only

#24 patricksouth

patricksouth

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:01 PM

It was previously stated that more and more MINI owners are asking questions on this forum so in my eyes its basic supply and demand,is this forum not built on its members subscriptions helping to maintain and improve this site so surly we can capitalise on the growing MINI based enthusiast using this site and help the forum to grow.
Don't get me wrong i am not a fan of the MINI at all and i would probable never use the area but if they are confined to one area it keeps the rest of the forum for THE REAL MINIS

#25 Carlos W

Carlos W

• TMF+ Member
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:02 PM

It was previously stated that more and more MINI owners are asking questions on this forum so in my eyes its basic supply and demand,is this forum not built on its members subscriptions helping to maintain and improve this site so surly we can capitalise on the growing MINI based enthusiast using this site and help the forum to grow.
Don't get me wrong i am not a fan of the MINI at all and i would probable never use the area but if they are confined to one area it keeps the rest of the forum for THE REAL MINIS

Are MINI owners going to start paying TMF+ subscriptions? I doubt it.

#26 patricksouth

patricksouth

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:05 PM

Maybe not but you wont no till you try or not whatever i love the forum the way it is.

#27 alex-95

alex-95

I am THE CLAMP MAKER

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:05 PM

The problem with having a bini area is that the mods would have to look after it and the bini owners probably wouldn't notice it and post it in the mini area, which would then need to be moved.

I don't see any problem with pointing them over to mini2 etc, whenever someone points them over to a bini forum they usually get moaned at.

#28 Badboytunes

Badboytunes

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts
  • Local Club: MINIS Unleashed

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:06 PM

Are MINI owners going to start paying TMF+ subscriptions? I doubt it.

I have ;D , although in all honesty I would use a dedicated MINI site for MINI stuff............

#29 Carlos W

Carlos W

• TMF+ Member
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:13 PM

It's all about how it's worded. 

Words along the lines of, "you may get a quicker answer on a forum targeted at the new MINI such as......" is fine.

#30 JacckKirk

JacckKirk

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:13 PM

Love the way MINI drivers are referred to as a different class of people
Whats the difference between a mini driver & a MINI driver paying subscription ?
Its either a section for them or we go to classic only

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users