JonnyAlpha

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts
  • Local Club: Exmoor Minis

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:53 AM

tomm;

What size arches are they, the -7 10 x 6 and those arches look really good. 

#17 Tomm

Tomm

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:22 PM

Those arches are just "specials" with chrome covers on. John H on here has some in the for sale section, joy about them is they are very cheap in comparison to other arches. Personally I feel mine are not wide enough. I will try and get a photo down the top of the arch so you can see how they compare to the width of the wheel.

Here is another photo

imagejpg2_zps3f48bb83.jpg

Edit another
[URL=http://s184.photobuc...97189.jpg.html]imagejpg9_zps2b597189.jpg[/URL

Edited by tomm, 22 July 2014 - 05:23 PM.

#18 JonnyAlpha

JonnyAlpha

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:20 PM

What about reverse rim wheels in 10"
Brand new tyres 165/70r10
attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

What sice are the rims 5 or 6? How much posted?

#19 JonnyAlpha

JonnyAlpha

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:18 PM

In an effort to buy some cheap tyres for my MOT, whilst at the same time possibly sourcing some different wheels for my Mini, after trawling Ebay, Gumtree and Facebook asking a million questions (people just don't put much info on adverts), I ended up wining a bid for what look like Weller 10 x 6's that need refurbishing but they are fitted with nearly new 165/70/R10 tyres. Cost me around £80 but I also have to pay for shipping at about £50, may have ended up with a load of CR** but i'll let you know :-)

I was also looking at some 10 x 6.5? Ultralites with Falken Tyres (6mm tread) for £150 BIN plus about £40 shipping, these could have done the trick and some GB Alloys with never used tyres which the guy wanted £350 !?@?@£? or best bid, the Ultralites would have gone straight on but the GB Alloys needed a refurb. But the Ebay bug got me and the Steels were finishing first and to avoid getting nothing or paying a lot more than I did I panicked and bought them :-)

Anyway the plan is (once I receive them on Tues) if they aren't too bad I'll give them a quick clean up and sick them on the Mini with some Arches, or if they are ropey i'll remove the Tyres fit them to my 10 x 5 Steels (if they fit) and then if these do turn out to be Wellers i'll refurb them and fit them with some better Tyres later on. 

Thanks for the info on this thread. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users