53 replies to this topic

#16 StewartB

StewartB

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 09:15 PM

cheers for the info the biggest problem I have is finding a 1.3 micra in northern Ireland might have to try some scrappys

definitely the way to go if you can get one at the right price, cheap, reliable, and with few mods can be reasonably quick(oh and not to mention 5 gears!)

Anyway slight update, starting to get this engine together now, few coats of paint on and it looks as good as new! 

IMG_4296_zps2bdf9b9a.jpg

IMG_4299_zpsc6eef924.jpg

IMG_4297_zpsa04c0e82.jpg

Still have some bits to go over, but overall think its looking good!

#17 l_jonez

l_jonez

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts
  • Local Club: south wales mini club

Posted 30 November 2014 - 10:39 AM

Good choice in colour choice and smooth can cover....
IMAG0686_zps2ca9cb72.jpg

#18 StewartB

StewartB

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:40 PM

In the process of sorting inlet/exhaust planing to use the fire extinguisher as an inlet plenum, and using a k series exhaust which ill adapt to fit

IMG_4411_zps18346500.jpg

IMG_4410_zpsff6f9744.jpg

IMG_4409_zps90b304da.jpg

IMG_4407_zps62abfdbf.jpg

IMG_4406_zps1f6ee5b6.jpg

#19 slack

slack

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:22 PM

I have a question. This subframe is the CG13 from allspeed?

With this CG13 Subframe, we can fit the 1.3l micra engine without change the gearbox or we need to change for a later gearbox?

Thank you

#20 Artstu

Artstu

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:34 PM

With this CG13 Subframe, we can fit the 1.3l micra engine without change the gearbox or we need to change for a later gearbox?

Thank you

Correct. Although the rear mount needs modding to allow the gearchange support to be fixed, and you need to source driveshafts too. Perhaps Rob (Allspeed) is working on this?

http://www.allspeede...subframe-detail

#21 slack

slack

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:57 PM

Thank you

Correct. Although the rear mount needs modding to allow the gearchange support to be fixed, and you need to source driveshafts too. Perhaps Rob (Allspeed) is working on this?

http://www.allspeede...subframe-detail

Thank you.

I sent a email to rob about the driveshafts and about the CG13 gearbox and he reply me this:

"Hello,

The CG13 subframe will accept the 1.3l engine but only with the cg13 later gearbox. 

We do not currently offer driveshafts for the Nissan conversions.

Regards "

So for the current cg13 gearbox we need to modding the gearchange support althought we need to change the gearbox for the later one correct?

Thank you

Edited by slack, 05 January 2015 - 01:57 PM.

#22 Artstu

Artstu

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 03:46 PM

So for the current cg13 gearbox we need to modding the gearchange support althought we need to change the gearbox for the later one correct?

Thank you

All 1.3 and later 1.4 Micra's have the same sized larger gearbox. Only the early 1.0 cars had the smaller gearbox. I saw the gearchange issue mentioned in another build thread, I think it's the other thread you asked this question in.

Edited by Artstu, 05 January 2015 - 03:47 PM.

#23 slack

slack

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 05:34 PM

Thank you

All 1.3 and later 1.4 Micra's have the same sized larger gearbox. Only the early 1.0 cars had the smaller gearbox. I saw the gearchange issue mentioned in another build thread, I think it's the other thread you asked this question in.

Nice. Thank you

Edited by slack, 05 January 2015 - 05:46 PM.

#24 smudger068

smudger068

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 06:49 PM

I have just seen this. And was about to purchase a frame but to what extent does the frame need modifying?

Lee

#25 StewartB

StewartB

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:03 PM

Thank you

Im unsure about box differences beetween early 1.3 but im using a 1999 box and its bolt in

I have just seen this. And was about to purchase a frame but to what extent does the frame need modifying?

Lee

assuming artstu is talking about the issue i hit with mock up the gear change rod is bulky where it bolts to the gearbox, it fits on in neutral position but depending on what gear is selecting(1,3,5 i think) it hits off the bottom of the frame to combat this ill be cutting the corner of the rod mounting a few mm the frame doesn't need modified. ill try to get a photo of what i mean at the weekend

also for driveshaft a machine shop should be able to make them up for you (butting/sleeving the cut micra and mini shafts)

Edited by StewartB, 06 January 2015 - 10:04 PM.

#26 StewartB

StewartB

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:10 PM

got exhaust manifold sorted out Albeit the welds look Sh*t. I'll likely look into getting something custom done once its up and running

IMG_4528_zps69787317.jpg

IMG_4529_zps9c3d6ed7.jpg

#27 Artstu

Artstu

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:34 AM

Thank you

Im unsure about box differences beetween early 1.3 but im using a 1999 box and its bolt in

Lee

assuming artstu is talking about the issue i hit with mock up the gear change rod is bulky where it bolts to the gearbox, it fits on in neutral position but depending on what gear is selecting(1,3,5 i think) it hits off the bottom of the frame to combat this ill be cutting the corner of the rod mounting a few mm the frame doesn't need modified. ill try to get a photo of what i mean at the weekend

I read about the issue in Al's build thread. What have you done with the gearchange support rod then? Without actually seeing the issue I'm second guessing, perhaps part of the original rear mount can be added, the bit that the support bar bolts to.

?

Attached File  PICT0115.JPG   114.57K   31 downloads

#28 StewartB

StewartB

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 08:28 PM

Thank you

Lee

I read about the issue in Al's build thread. What have you done with the gearchange support rod then? Without actually seeing the issue I'm second guessing, perhaps part of the original rear mount can be added, the bit that the support bar bolts to.

?

attachicon.gifPICT0115.JPG

christ now im wondering! ill need to get it up on the lift this weekend and have another look may have been an over sight on my part!

#29 StewartB

StewartB

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:39 PM

so i got to shortening the gear linkage today as it was brought up about the support bar

IMG_4568_zpsce2e3d5b.jpg

for those asking about problems with it the frame i got for th 1.3 had an extra bolt hole on the rear engine mounting

IMG_4567_zps27f3a2dc.jpg

so you can still use the support bar, you can see here where with the car in 5th gear it just rubs the frame and no more so ill just buff a small bit off and it will be fine

IMG_4563_zps5e290f32.jpg

RL]

after shortening the rods i had a change of plans and have cut the support rod off again and im going to rubber mount the gear shifter to the floor and see how it goes there should be enough flex in the mounts im planning to use that there shouldn't be any issues doing it this way (also the mounts on the frame are pretty substantial)

Edited by StewartB, 10 January 2015 - 01:40 PM.

#30 smudger068

smudger068

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 06:20 PM

Excellent Chap thank you
Also how long did you have to wait for your frame?
I will get mine ordered

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users