#31 StewartB

StewartB

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 06:28 PM

Excellent Chap thank you
Also how long did you have to wait for your frame?
I will get mine ordered

think it was about 4 weeks, but i think it depends how busy they are

#32 KM313

KM313

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 07:28 PM

Excellent Chap thank you
I will get mine ordered

Mines on 4 week delivery. They also do the driveshafts now for 22t Nissan inner cv's.

#33 Artstu

Artstu

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 07:37 PM

Excellent Chap thank you
I will get mine ordered

Mines on 4 week delivery. They also do the driveshafts now for 22t Nissan inner cv's.

Nice one Rob :) http://www.allspeede...veshafts-detail

#34 smudger068

smudger068

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 07:45 PM

I ordered mine today :D  haha

#35 StewartB

StewartB

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:14 PM

I ordered mine today :D  haha

nice ill have someone elses thread to keep me motivated  :lol:

Excellent Chap thank you
I will get mine ordered

Nice one Rob :) http://www.allspeede...veshafts-detail

bloody expensive shafts  :ohno: ill still be looking to get mine done locally i think! 

Latest update, got a pull type hydraulic slave cylinder from the states which arrived today couple of "minor" adjustments and ill have a clutch ;D

#36 ibrooks

ibrooks

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • Local Club: Leyland Mini Club

Posted 21 January 2015 - 08:48 AM

Why from the states? Rally Design sell a Wilwood one. Was it a lot cheaper from over there?

Iain

#37 StewartB

StewartB

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 06:16 PM

Why from the states? Rally Design sell a Wilwood one. Was it a lot cheaper from over there?

Iain

It was about 35 quid which came out alot cheaper than willwood one, im not sure if its a set up im going to keep and i read that they had to be aligned perfectly or the seal wouldnt last on the willwood (which id be trying to get it aligned spot on regardless) if it lasts then great, if not ill look in to either willwood one or another setup

#38 StewartB

StewartB

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:16 PM

Got a Manifold sorted (thanks matt) so now on to wiring, got the whole loom in place marked what i need to cut out and have now gone back to  wiring diagram reference before i get to cutting just to make sure ill not cut what i need!

IMG_5302_zpsqyksafx2.jpg

IMG_5301_zps0kz50rg6.jpg

IMG_5303_zpsfpaztg3w.jpg

Also acquired another project :shy:

IMG_5327_zpsc2rafk66.jpg

Woops :tumble:

#39 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 01:33 AM

Lovely tidy conversion. i really like the look of it.

I used to have a 740GLE estate. It was a great car, just very very thirsty.

Ben

#40 666junky

666junky

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 11:16 AM

Please be extremely careful with the micra mini wiring guide on here, having followed the instructions we found it to be very vague and quite dangerous in some aspects. It is best to run a seperate fusebox for the micra loom and run through a relay instead of direct fit. There are also quite alot of wires needed to run the car not mentioned in the instructions..

#41 evansisgreat

evansisgreat

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  • Local Club: Not yet

Posted 29 April 2015 - 12:57 PM

This is all coming together. Good luck with the wiring, I know that's something I'm dreading. I'm also planning this conversion when my bodywork is finally done so I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Where are you in Scotland?

#42 ibrooks

ibrooks

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • Local Club: Leyland Mini Club

Posted 29 April 2015 - 02:52 PM

Mine ran in the GTM on Sunday for the first time. Gotta love fuel injection - no nervous cranking of the engine whilst you wait for it to pump the fuel through and not even a splutter once it starts, just fires and settles down to a steady tickover. Loud because I don't have a silencer on it yet but not as loud as I was expecting.

My Micra had NATS so I've still got the reader from the ignition barrel and just shoved the key in the middle of it for the purposes of testing (I'll do something more elegant long term). Not sure if I'm going to arrange something to keep the key in the reader sort of permanent like or if I'll try to arrange it so that the key can be easily removed as an immobiliser fob.

If there are any specific questions about the wiring let me know as I think I've got a reasonable handle on it.

Iain

#43 StewartB

StewartB

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 09:45 PM

Lovely tidy conversion. i really like the look of it.

I used to have a 740GLE estate. It was a great car, just very very thirsty.

Ben

Not my first volvo so im used to 20 to the gallon! But i dont think ill keep it long really want an 850r

Please be extremely careful with the micra mini wiring guide on here, having followed the instructions we found it to be very vague and quite dangerous in some aspects. It is best to run a seperate fusebox for the micra loom and run through a relay instead of direct fit. There are also quite alot of wires needed to run the car not mentioned in the instructions..

im not going to follow any guides. Ill follow the wiring diagrams myself and atleast if i go wrong i can only blame myself.

This is all coming together. Good luck with the wiring, I know that's something I'm dreading. I'm also planning this conversion when my bodywork is finally done so I'll be keeping an eye on this.
Where are you in Scotland?

its the bodywork i dont like lol rest doesnt bother me. Im in dundee

Mine ran in the GTM on Sunday for the first time. Gotta love fuel injection - no nervous cranking of the engine whilst you wait for it to pump the fuel through and not even a splutter once it starts, just fires and settles down to a steady tickover. Loud because I don't have a silencer on it yet but not as loud as I was expecting.

My Micra had NATS so I've still got the reader from the ignition barrel and just shoved the key in the middle of it for the purposes of testing (I'll do something more elegant long term). Not sure if I'm going to arrange something to keep the key in the reader sort of permanent like or if I'll try to arrange it so that the key can be easily removed as an immobiliser fob.

If there are any specific questions about the wiring let me know as I think I've got a reasonable handle on it.

Iain

yep fuel injection will be so much better, just getting impatient and want to drive it now but its difficult to find time to work, always end up on something else! I think ill just use the mkcra barrel with antenna ring in place of the mini barrel. I thought about having it seperate but then thats an extra key, and frankly a hassle! Thanks for offering your assistance, If i have any problems ill keep you in mind.

#44 666junky

666junky

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 04:12 PM

Its a fantastic drive, you wont want to go back to a-series once youre done.. Im currently trying to find a way of making her quiet but retaining the "tuned" exhaust - its quite a noisy engine with anything other than the standard micra exhaust / double silenced system!

#45 StewartB

StewartB

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:42 AM

Been a while but car was in the corner of workshop tucked away for the past 6 months, now running on original loom keeping my nats in tact.

th_CA15319F-503E-47F4-8070-BBB9D07702EC_

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users