Photo
- - - - -

Hydro Handbrake And Brake Balance Adjuster.

brakes

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,948 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 07 October 2014 - 09:52 PM

Race car, cable handbrake not possible.

So back to the old auto test ideas. Imp brake Master cylinder in line and attached to the handbrake lever.

Ok that is all good.

But as I also need to reduce the braking to the rear I need a load limiter. Have one fitted now. But might change as I have not been to happy with it.

But the question the hydro handbrake will need to be after the limiter. To get max force to the rear wheels.

I think I have answered my own question. But if anyone sees anything please shout.

#2 Craig89

Craig89

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 05:09 AM

If the limiter is before the handbrake then you will be fine

#3 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:25 AM

There's no point sending more pressure to the rear than it takes to lock them up, by having the master cylinder before an adjustable limiter you will be able to tune the handbrake performance for track conditions just as you do the service brake.

Edited by Dan, 08 October 2014 - 07:25 AM.

#4 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • 17,948 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:09 AM

There's no point sending more pressure to the rear than it takes to lock them up, by having the master cylinder before an adjustable limiter you will be able to tune the handbrake performance for track conditions just as you do the service brake.

clearer head this AM.

Dan but that is not how it should be done as the force needed at the rear when braking to lock the wheels is totally different to what is needed to lock the wheels in a handbrake situation.

in fact when racing I just about have no braking on the back any way. (in the current set up).

180SX_HH_brake_fitting.jpg

not mine ;)

#5 rally1380

rally1380

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 01:25 PM

clearer head this AM.

Dan but that is not how it should be done as the force needed at the rear when braking to lock the wheels is totally different to what is needed to lock the wheels in a handbrake situation.

in fact when racing I just about have no braking on the back any way. (in the current set up).

not mine ;)

I intend on fitting a hydraulic handbrake and bias adjuster to my rally car and the above photo is how i would do it.....but in solid pipe rather than braided because i'm tight with my cash!!!  Ilike the lever though...very pretty

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brakes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users