Photo
- - - - -

998 Tunning

Best Answer kyle9832 , 27 October 2014 - 11:13 PM

Sorry to but in, if your looking for lower down power try a kent 266 cam but if you want your power band higher try the 276, but to do this the engine will have to be removed and timed and then a new distributer to match, if you follow this road things start to really add up, but if you arent in a hurry with your car and have a not so tight budget, as graham said yes a cam would very much be a great investment
As for the mini hp you asked that would have produced around 50 hp:)

Cheers lad only want to remove head think I'll stick to the first plan do the head stage one with the free flow manifold and roller rockers that should have a nippy wee mini thanks again
In my experience the roller rockers wont do anything, well except cause you to fit new guides...
Ah I read the description on them and thought cool acts like modified cam without remove in engine :-( to be honest the cars only to drive one day a week with my young son so don't want mad power just a little to help on hills would the head work and stage one kit and manifold get me to bout 50 bhp the stage one kit says it adds 20% or am I bn duped lol
Yes. Deffinatley around 50 yes Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#16 mini stephen

mini stephen

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Local Club: unkown

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:15 PM

[quote name="kyle9832" post="3159906" timestamp="1414451581"][quote name="mini stephen" post="3159892" timestamp="1414450276"][quote name="Gr4h4m" post="3159889" timestamp="1414449882"][quote name="mini stephen" post="3159885" timestamp="1414449746"][quote name="kyle9832" post="3159877" timestamp="1414448632"]
Sorry to but in, if your looking for lower down power try a kent 266 cam but if you want your power band higher try the 276, but to do this the engine will have to be removed and timed and then a new distributer to match, if you follow this road things start to really add up, but if you arent in a hurry with your car and have a not so tight budget, as graham said yes a cam would very much be a great investment
As for the mini hp you asked that would have produced around 50 hp:)[/quote]
Cheers lad only want to remove head think I'll stick to the first plan do the head stage one with the free flow manifold and roller rockers that should have a nippy wee mini thanks again[/quote]
In my experience the roller rockers wont do anything, well except cause you to fit new guides...[/quote]
Ah I read the description on them and thought cool acts like modified cam without remove in engine :-( to be honest the cars only to drive one day a week with my young son so don't want mad power just a little to help on hills would the head work and stage one kit and manifold get me to bout 50 bhp the stage one kit says it adds 20% or am I bn duped lol[/quote]
Yes. Deffinatley around 50 yes[/quoend
Cheers ur a leg end:-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users