#16 mk1leg

mk1leg

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,341 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey, MCR

Posted 08 November 2014 - 11:37 PM

I've got a pair of the Merc lights waiting until I can find a suitable car to put them on. They're odd but I really like them.

I'm sure it will be a stunning job.....lol

after the work you did on that craford......love your work....... :highfive:

#17 Iknownothing

Iknownothing

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 11:25 PM

Perhaps better late than never, back in 1968 I had a then had a friend who had a W&P with Mercedes sl190 headlights. In Aston Martin Roman Purple paint, etc., etc., I understood that the car was made to order by the Arga Khan , I tried to buy a similar car a few years ago and understood that the headlights are illegal (here in the UK) as the centre of the headlamp beam was 1" below the legal level for an MOT., therefore making it illegal to drive it on the public highway. (However it may now be possible as the car falls within the Classic car 40yr ruling) that it doesn't require that MOT ? But if any car should have an MOT it surely , it has to. be a 40yr old car .
I met someone who tried to make provision, for that then legal stipulation, by raising the top of the front wings by enough to allow the centre of the headlight beam to be raised by that 1" .......... , it looked 'bloody ridiculous !

#18 Iknownothing

Iknownothing

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 11:30 PM

Personally I prefer the Mercedes headlights over the Facel Vega as the latter looks too heavy. Incidentally his W&P car had 16 speakers ! 4 in the headlining! ( I will hopefully re-create in my own car soon if possible ) a 4 track stereo and played it, it was the most amazing quality sound system I have ever heard in any car, even by today's standards ! Bring back 4 track . ;-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users