#76 leaky

leaky

Iv never hit a penguin in the face with a casserole

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,890 posts
  • Local Club: Basingstoke Mini Club

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:06 PM

I was doing some work at a house in Tilhurst the other day. Owner had the new F type Jag. First time I had seen one and it was such a stunning car.

jaguar_f-type_v6_517697340ce38.jpg

50 years time I recon those will be  sort after classic.

#77 lawrie124

lawrie124

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:20 PM

I was doing some work at a house in Tilhurst the other day. Owner had the new F type Jag. First time I had seen one and it was such a stunning car.

jaguar_f-type_v6_517697340ce38.jpg

50 years time I recon those will be  sort after classic.

Nice car, wrong body. Needs to be the hardtop. I did tell my kids when they first launched the F Type convertible I would buy one with a hardtop. One day .....

.... And I did caveat my post with "relatively affordable".

#78 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,025 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Local Club: A5 minis

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:25 PM

According to a recent poll (well, me and the petrolhead son) there is only 1 car on sale today in the UK that is (relatively) affordable and in 20 years time will still look cool.

Ladies and Gentleman, I give you the Jaguar XF (in dark blue or black).

do you mean the XF or F type? The F type is stunning, the XF is designed for overweight middle management. Can't see that being a classic for a very long time, if ever.

#79 lawrie124

lawrie124

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:45 PM

According to a recent poll (well, me and the petrolhead son) there is only 1 car on sale today in the UK that is (relatively) affordable and in 20 years time will still look cool.

do you mean the XF or F type? The F type is stunning, the XF is designed for overweight middle management. Can't see that being a classic for a very long time, if ever.

Yep, XF. Will still look good in 20 years.

#80 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:51 PM

different tastes I guess. I don't even notice them, they are just the same as all the other rep mobiles, nothing special to my eyes at all. I certainly don't see them as 'cool', more something your boring uncle would drive.

#81 lawrie124

lawrie124

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:55 PM

different tastes I guess. I don't even notice them, they are just the same as all the other rep mobiles, nothing special to my eyes at all. I certainly don't see them as 'cool', more something your boring uncle would drive.

Ok, let's agree to disagree.

Suggest we review in 20 years, and of course I will be proven right :-)

#82 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:57 PM

:lol: more like the response will be 'XF? Was that some F type variant?, no? Nah never seen one, but my boring uncle used to have one' ;-)

#83 MIGLIACARS

MIGLIACARS

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 09:24 PM

:lol: more like the response will be 'XF? Was that some F type variant?, no? Nah never seen one, but my boring uncle used to have one' ;-)

that will not be a desirable classic  

most likely to be in the scrap yard.  in 20 years

if it is a classic it will be like a marina estate in hearing-aid beige      

a worth less ugly classic   

a classic car to me must be desirable 

like the 

mini cooper s

f40

rs200

6r4

3 door cosworth

there are far to many 2 seater sports cars out there now every manufacturer does one

they look ok now but in  ten years they will be more or less worthless, and the people with lots of cash will not want a ten year old car, repair costs will be a fortune so the people who want these cars will not have the cash to repair or run them so prices will drop further making them fit for the scrap yard look around its happening now   

#84 MaxAndPaddy

MaxAndPaddy

Spamela Anderson

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,700 posts
  • Name: Elvis
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:35 PM

I feel the need for some kind of graph to chart towards potential classic appeal

mass market appeal, waning interest, discontinued by supplier, gradual decline, scrappage and increasing rarity, niche interest, future classic, classic, ridiculous rarity, obsession,  stratospheric prices at auction.

Lets call that the M&P curve of popularity, decline and aduration and I will get some doctoral research work from it

#85 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 07:12 AM

I feel the need for some kind of graph to chart towards potential classic appeal

mass market appeal, waning interest, discontinued by supplier, gradual decline, scrappage and increasing rarity, niche interest, future classic, classic, ridiculous rarity, obsession,  stratospheric prices at auction.

Lets call that the M&P curve of popularity, decline and aduration and I will get some doctoral research work from it

the problem is the random factor. Look at Daimler SP250s, for years you could barely give them away because they are butt ugly. Then suddenly 'someone' decided they were cool and the prices went stupid. There is Definately an 'emperors new clothes' element to high end classic prices.

#86 Vinmin

Vinmin

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Local Club: RCMOC

Posted 21 November 2014 - 03:51 PM

Ok hears two for you which I'm suprised haven't been mentioned.

Maybe I'm a bit bias seeing I own them

MGZR160 Mk1 unmolested

TVR Chimaera again Unmolested

#87 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 04:39 PM

Ok hears two for you which I'm suprised haven't been mentioned.

Maybe I'm a bit bias seeing I own them

MGZR160 Mk1 unmolested

TVR Chimaera again Unmolested

ANY TVR will be a classic, you would have to be mad to argue against that. Amazing cars.

#88 minipickup

minipickup

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:02 PM

Renault Clio Trophy I hope, limited run of 500 and probably less than 400 left on the road. I have one and I am hoping prices will rise one day!

#89 lkopferschmitt

lkopferschmitt

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:28 PM

not sure if its been said already but i think the lotus exige has potential

#90 deanymini

deanymini

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 10:10 AM

Any Lotus or TVR will be. They're a prestige car to begin with!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users