#16 Davis23

Davis23

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:40 AM

Hi Chris,

I'm Marc and I live in Bern. I also have a converted Mini with Lynx AE kit. I'm now adding an electric engine (with Lithium Batteries) to compensate the poor torque of the Yamaha engine and reach 170PS.

I have had several problems with my conversion which is now working not so bad. As I live one hour far from you it could be great to exchange our experiences. Give me a call if you want: 0041 76 398 90 20.

Best regard,

Marc

#17 Helldriver

Helldriver

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:56 AM

Hi Chris,

I'm Marc and I live in Bern. I also have a converted Mini with Lynx AE kit. I'm now adding an electric engine (with Lithium Batteries) to compensate the poor torque of the Yamaha engine and reach 170PS.

I have had several problems with my conversion which is now working not so bad. As I live one hour far from you it could be great to exchange our experiences. Give me a call if you want: 0041 76 398 90 20.

Best regard,

Marc

Hi Marc,
That is great news. Exchange is very welcomed.
Also interesting what you want to with the electrical engine. My plan is to add a supercharger for more torque.
Will give you a call next days.
Best
Chris

#18 Helldriver

Helldriver

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:52 PM

news....

Engine with lynx cradle is in. looks all go after I figured I need the original engine mounts which lifts the engine 3cm up and clears the gear selector :-)

BUT: swiss motor book for the car specs will change due to FIA rules adaptions next year and it will require a mechanical reverse gear if I want to start at swiss races which the lynx doesn't have. So I am forced to change to promotive which has the mechanical reverse if I want to stay with the R1 which I will do. Sucks but luckily I didn't buy the whole lynx kit, so I can still switch without too much hassle...

I luckily got a very cheap a not used overcomplete promotive kit incl. 5pw engine with less then 10K on it (R1 5PW engine no. 4 :-) in my collection)/K&N Filter/Barnett clutch/ready to fit loom/5pw clocks so I will switch to promotive side and fix the low sump clearance by staying on 13inch wheels.

Thanks god I just bought the lynx cradle, the silicone hoses and electric reverse gear, which is up for sale now, PN me if you are interested.

Edited by Helldriver, 08 May 2015 - 03:15 PM.

#19 duds100

duds100

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 10:28 AM

...Bargain on the pro-mo kit!

#20 The Elfman

The Elfman

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 04:21 PM

What size chain do they use as the drive is very short ? 530 or bigger ?

Edited by The Elfman, 13 May 2015 - 04:22 PM.

#21 duds100

duds100

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 04:46 PM

Yeah 530 pitch chain. Pro-motive Front sprocket is a yamaha R1 front sprocket. Pro-motive Diff sprocket is a suzuki busa front sprocket. Chain runs around these 2.

Loads of sprocket sizes available so a pretty wide scope available in terms of gearing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users