2 replies to this topic

#1 Harryjt96

Harryjt96

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:54 PM

Hi guys, I started my mini up for the first time today in a while as I've been repainting the block, and when I turned the car back on it started fine, and the temperature gauge moves up very slightly when turned over, just on the blue cold line, but after that doesn't move at all. Is there a fault, maybe a loose connection or something? What wire sends the temperature to the gauge? Help would be much appreciated thanks

#2 Stu.

Stu.

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 11:33 PM

Assuming you have reconnected the gauge cable to the temperature sender on the cylinder head its likely to be a failed sensor needing replacement.

Mine failed at the weekend too. Same symptoms. I had a spare which worked when I tested it in hot water.

#3 Twincam

Twincam

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG

Posted 14 January 2015 - 11:38 PM

Look under the thermostat housing on the right hand side of the engine. There should be a temperature sensor with a spade connector sticking out - earth that wire (which connects to the sender) to the block and see when you turn the ignition on if the needle within the gauge moves up. If it doesn't move, wiring/clocks could be to blame. If it moves, new sender is maybe needed.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: electrical

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users